The MADA mask

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 36
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I went to the grocery store tonight, and what do you think I saw? Well, I've joked before about everything we respect ultimately ends up being public trash, like cigarette butts and masks in gutters. Well, a woman was wearing a blue mask with MADA emblazoned on it in white letters. I guessed, since she was also wearing a Biden tee shirt, that it was an acronym for Make America Democrat Again. I asked; she said yes. Then I asked her if I could knock it off her face. She was offended. She didn't think that was funny at all.

Amazing, isn't it, that some people can dish it out, but can't take it. 

Like dishing on Trump for 4 years, but mention Rollover Joe, and the same dishers can't taker it. You know who your are.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I just love how Pelosi takes the mask off in the White House but demands everyone wear masks on the House Floor
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ILikePie5
And further, says nothing when Biden removes his mask inside the Carter home, a pair of nonagenarians, nor when she forces a salon to open for her do when the salon is supposed to be shutdown for the same health crisis. I think that's called a hypocrite. The same Pelostomy, early in the crisis, invited people to come to SFO's Chinatown... she was maskless.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@fauxlaw
Do you mind if I find you and assult you while you are out shopping?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@fauxlaw
I get the point, of pointing out how some individuals have treated MAGA supporters in the past,
But two lefts don't make a right,  takes three.
. . . Badaboom. . .

Seriously though, I get the point, just not all that polite way to make it.
. . .

Also, not as though we know if woman 'ever acted rudely to person wearing MAGA hat.
I assume.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Lemming
@Discipulus_Didicit
As is typical, some people assume things don't actually happen, and you don't know to whom they happen. I raise the point because, though a conservative, a Trump voter, and owner of a red MAGA hat, I live  near a very liberal, small mountain town in which, on the street near the grocery store I mentioned, a couple of years ago, my hat was summarily removed, by assault, by another indignant woman. Assume all you like; you know what is made by such an attitude.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@fauxlaw
my hat was summarily removed, by assault, by another indignant woman.
You ignore my question. Let me rephrase it in an easier to understand way. A simple fill-in-the-blank.

In the above incident when some person removed my hat from my head that person was doing a _______ thing.

A) Good
B) Bad
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Then I asked her if I could knock it off her face. She was offended. She didn't think that was funny at all.

Amazing, isn't it, that some people can dish it out, but can't take it. 

Like dishing on Trump for 4 years, but mention Rollover Joe, and the same dishers can't taker it. You know who your are.
I missed the part of the story where this *same* woman approached you and asked if she could knock the MAGA hat off your head.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
I just love how Pelosi takes the mask off in the White House but demands everyone wear masks on the House Floor
That’s because everyone in the White House is vaccinated.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Did you miss the lesson: your rights end at your nose?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
You missed the same lesson as Didicit. And that there was "another indignant woman."

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
If there is a true physical war between MAGA and MADA I would rip my own MADA mask off my face and spit because that is the real assault.

^ this is speaking in hyperbole, we are not in a physical war please consider this for legal and sanity-based reasons.

The mask protects you from her spittle, you imbecile.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Make America Dead again. Ah, the nihilist slogan.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If you said that to my mother in front of me, I'd go to the fucking store staff and be willing to let you rip it off just to report  you to the cops for genuine assault not just threat. Who the fuck do you think you are threatening a woman to assault her as some fucking joke then preaching about your first admendment right?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
@RM

Buttons pushed much? How easy was that? Thanks for falling for it.

I wonder why the guy has me blocked, and yet reacts so. Hmmmm? Starved for attention?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
You are the one threatening women with assault. Imagine doing this with a hijab on a Muslim woman. You will know real backlash then.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@fauxlaw
You ignore my question. Let me rephrase it in an easier to understand way. A simple fill-in-the-blank.

In the above incident when some person removed my hat from my head that person was doing a _______ thing.

A) Good
B) Bad

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
You missed the same lesson as Didicit. And that there was "another indignant woman."
And you missed the word “same” in my response. Which is crazy cause I highlighted it with stars.

So to be clear, your argument is that one person’s belligerence towards you justifies your belligerence towards someone else, is that right?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Double_R
@RM

All three of you don't get it. When one's extension of rights goes beyond their reach, their assumption of rights is wrong. "Another woman" means not the same woman. And why would a woman wearing a hijab also be wearing a mask? Who does she think she is? Joe Biden?  Dr. Fauci?

But there's something more you're all missing. By and by... you may get it, yet.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@fauxlaw
Instead of responding to words that people say to you you choose to go on some side tangent. You are the only one here talking about rights. I don't think you are incapable of responding to what people say to you, I think you are intentionally choosing not to do so.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
I can't believe you asked for her consent to be violent with her. What if she said yes and she was into that?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
When I think of all that yap you made three weeks ago about the Sermon on the Mount....

Let the record show that when your test came, you chose to be  just another thug for Trump and not a disciple of that Sermon as you pretend.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
If someone slaps you, turn to them the other cheek.

If someone wears a mask with letters you dislike on it, offer to do the slapping yourself.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
"Person A did something mean to me so I am going to be a dick to person B, amazing how person B can dish it out but can't take it."

Riiiiiight.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Double_R
@RM

What you’re missing; all three of you, is a careful read of my profile. I write historic fiction as one profession. Some of the reviews by various people [to which you don’t have easy access, I’ll admit, but, you should know the general genre, and what it implies] indicate that they find it difficult to identify where the history ends and fiction begins, which is exactly the intent. You supply suspension of disbelief, as is necessary for reading fiction, and it is either all fiction, or all history.

Therefore, in this thread, my post #1 is part history, part fiction. The MADA mask was real, worn by a woman; a separate woman from my real experience wearing my MAGA hat, along with the story up to, but not including the point of my question. But the ask was completely ignored by you, particularly by RM; y’all skip directly to assuming I actually committed assault [doesn’t take much, by law; a simple touch might suffice]. No, actually, I did’t even ask, let alone act, because y’all forget: indoors, social distancing is still the suggestion; I wasn’t within 3 meters of her, let alone within arm’s reach. I neither said anything, nor did anything. Yet, y’all assume my aggression. Shame on you. This was the point of the entire exercise; to see who would assume I am the aggressor, and you’re all of that assumption. You’re too quick to commit the same aggression of which you accuse me.

Thus, my point all along. Hatred of Trump has affected thinking across the board. He’s gone. Relax, and take a breath. Take two. Take as many as you need, and then take what you’ve been giving, freely and frequently over the past four years. Isn’t turn-about fair play? Except I don’t hate Joe Biden; I pity the poor man; his wife should have told him the same thing Oba’a told him: “You don’t have to do this.” Biden should have listened. So should you.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Same to you as above, #25. You think you know me, but get sucked into a narrative.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@fauxlaw
But the ask was completely ignored by you, particularly by RM; y’all skip directly to assuming I actually committed assault
Your exact quote was:

Then I asked her if I could knock it off her face. She was offended. She didn't think that was funny at all.
To which I replied in post 4:

Do you mind if I find you and assault you while you are out shopping?
All I did was ask, but my ask was completely ignored by you fauxlaw. Ironically, you didn't think that post 4 was funny at all.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You do understand the difference between fact and fiction, yeah? I said the ask was fiction. You assumed it was real. And, now, still do. That's on you. I don't ned to justify fiction. That's part of the suspension of disbelief, and that's on you, too.
Username
Username
-->
@fauxlaw
My impression is that you're taking advantage of the fact that people are taking you at your word and then saying "Shame on them" for doing so. Even if you're a writer, we all assume that when writers say things happened (that one can reasonably believe actually did happen), that those events happened unless there are other sufficiently significant extenuating circumstances.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Username
Yes, extenuating circumstances, such as a profile, which is precisely why it is offered, and which, for the record, I note you do not provide. What are you hiding? Aty least I tell you up front about my writing, which activity the forum is, virtually in total. Caveat lector.

What, you've never heard of a snap quiz? I am supposed to advise in advance that a post has alternate motive? What's the use of advance notice if I want to achieve exactly what I have: honest response based on what is written, even if a ruse. This stuff is supposed to challenge comfort zones.