Total: 276
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Doc,

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE AGAIN: "God is not a serial killer"

First thing you start off AGAIN in not showing respect to Jesus!!!!   You said "God" instead of "Jesus," where I told you that when using the term "God" is not specifying which God you are referring too, GET IT?  Therefore I am assuming you are talking about JESUS  instead of Allah or Yahweh, then as only one example of many within the scriptures, JESUS, AS YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, was a blatant serial killer when He initited His Great Flood by killing hundreds of thousands upon thousands of His creation because He was upset with them (Genesis 6:5-6).  Yes, Jesus in the Flood killed innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies as their mothers watched in horror their babies drowning, and as Jesus watched as well! (Hebrews 4:13)

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS ARE ZERO: "Nope, that doesnt mean AT ALL that Jesus was naked when he washed the feet of the disciples"

We see once again that you are truly having a hard time in "reading comprehension" regarding the explicit accountings of Jesus being TOTALLY NAKED in front of His disciples in the John 13: 3-5 passage which is very sad on your part.  The only thing that Jesus and I can do is to give you an online class in helping you understand the English langange and the correct way of using it for your betterment at the following link, where you can thank me later: https://tutoring.greatleaps.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uScv-7x8AIVwht9Ch2k7QNdEAAYAyAAEgJE5_D_BwE

Dr. Franklin, if you cannot accept the Christian biblical axioms shown above, have you ever thought that you are in the wrong religion of Christianity?  Remember, YOU DO NOT have the authority to rewrite the scriptures in the way that you want them to be, over the direct writing of the scriptures from Jesus' inspired words (2 Peter 1:20-21), understood?  BLASPHEME!

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
First thing you start off AGAIN in not showing respect to Jesus!!!!   You said "God" instead of "Jesus," where I told you that when using the term "God" is not specifying which God you are referring too, GET IT?  Therefore I am assuming you are talking about JESUS  instead of Allah or Yahweh, then as only one example of many within the scriptures, JESUS, AS YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE, was a blatant serial killer when He initited His Great Flood by killing hundreds of thousands upon thousands of His creation because He was upset with them (Genesis 6:5-6).  Yes, Jesus in the Flood killed innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies as their mothers watched in horror their babies drowning, and as Jesus watched as well! (Hebrews 4:13)
Obviously, when i say God, i mean the Christian God, 

The flood was justified, serial killer would mean it isnt justified and is for no reason, were soldiers in world war I or II dirty serial killers?

We see once again that you are truly having a hard time in "reading comprehension" regarding the explicit accountings of Jesus being TOTALLY NAKED in front of His disciples in the John 13: 3-5 passage which is very sad on your part.  The only thing that Jesus and I can do is to give you an online class in helping you understand the English langange and the correct way of using it for your betterment at the following link, where you can thank me later: https://tutoring.greatleaps.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uScv-7x8AIVwht9Ch2k7QNdEAAYAyAAEgJE5_D_BwE

Dr. Franklin, if you cannot accept the Christian biblical axioms shown above, have you ever thought that you are in the wrong religion of Christianity?  Remember, YOU DO NOT have the authority to rewrite the scriptures in the way that you want them to be, over the direct writing of the scriptures from Jesus' inspired words (2 Peter 1:20-21), understood?  BLASPHEME!

lol i dont need reading comprehension lessons but thx anyway, 

john 13:3-5 specifically states OUTER GARMETS, the garmets on top of garmets, like a coat

in modern terms, Jesus simply took off his coat as he walked inside

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Doc,

YOUR MISCONCEPTION QUOTE IN YOUR POST #62:  "The flood was justified, serial killer would mean it isnt justified and is for no reason, were soldiers in world war I or II dirty serial killers?"

How can the Great Flood be justified in the first place, when Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost knew beforehand that He was going to murder his creation by them being unworthy, and by being omniscient: "But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.” (John 6:64)".  In your weak soldiers analogy, they did not go out to kill innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies, where our Jesus knew that He was going to kill this innocent life! GET IT?

YOU GRASPING FOR STRAWS QUOTE AGAIN IN YOUR UNGODLY REWRITING THE SCRIPTURES! :    "john 13:3-5 specifically states OUTER GARMETS, the garmets on top of garmets, like a coat"

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION FOR THE LAST TIME TO SAVE YOU FURTHER EMBARRASSMENT, READY?  Relative to John 13:35:

1. Jesus laid aside His "GARMENTS," as in a PLURAL form, meaning ALL OF THEM, therefore for a brief moment, Jesus was NAKED in front of His disciples,  STOP!

2. After Jesus removed ALL of his GARMENTS, then being NAKED, then he took a "towel" and he girded himself and was not naked, STOP!

3. Then Jesus began to wash the disciples feet, STOP!

4.  Then when Jesus was done washing His disciples feet, he wiped them with the remaining clothing that he had on, which was the towel He "LAST" GIRDED HIMSELF WITH, STOP!

5.  Where when removing said towel to wipe the feet of His disciples HE HAD TO REMOVE SAID TOWEL FROM HIS BODY TO DO THIS, THEREFORE JESUS WAS NAKED IN FRONT OF HIS DISCIPLES,  STOP!

As shown, you do need to have a reading comprehension class post haste to save any further embarrassment, therefore, here again is the online Reading Comprehension Class that you need to sign up with post haste!  https://tutoring.greatleaps.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2uScv-7x8AIVwht9Ch2k7QNdEAAYAyAAEgJE5_D_BwE

Dr. Franklin, you slap Jesus in the face again, again, again, again, again, and a again, whereas you forget about this passage regarding Jesus being NAKED in front of His disciples: Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5). 

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Jesus was a spiritual guy obviously, one who spent much time applying and contemplating such phenomenon. I honestly don't think he was gay, not that I care either it's just my own opinion. Most sages, gurus and God-men put their energies towards a spiritual category especially once they reach a certain point in their spiritual walk. In other words sexual gratification simply wasn't on his mind and in his thoughts, it wasn't his interests.....not because he was gay, and it doesn't make him a pedophile (which believe it or not I've heard before)! Those claims are stupid and often times from people that just don't understand the higher levels of spirituality and people who practice abstaining and subduing the carnal nature.
I've learned that when knuckleheads and mostly immature folks start reading scriptures they get everything wrong, not because of the texts but because of their own perverted perceptions, they have no clear way to articulate spiritual literature and because of that very little of it makes any sense to them. So they begin to interpret everything backwards, and even the things that are meant to portray purity become some kind of perversion.

It's funny but when I was kid the Gospels were so clear and easy to understand, intelligent and intellectual, compassionate and inspiring and to me it made good sense. When I got older and began reading through religious forums like these and atheist opinions about such things I thought to myself "WTF" is wrong with everybody?? lol, how is it they get something so simplistic and pure twisted? how do they manage to interpret everything backwards?

I can tell from the passages from what Jesus teaches and how he teaches it that sexual perversions and carnality just wasn't his gig, simply because he learned how to put more emphasis on spiritual things. This is easy to do once you learn how to control the mind, which enables the user to control thought....input and output. And another thing, it was pretty common back in that time that spiritual men would accompany other spiritual men not because of being gay but because of a cultural understanding of principle. This point you brought up is not enough to try and make Jesus look gay, and beyond that I don't think Jesus preferred men over woman in any way at all, except for the fact it was a cultural phenomenon that men traveled with men generally speaking. Even when you look outside the religious sphere, women were simply servants, concubines and homebodies does it really surprise you Jesus' disciples were men?? read the passage with the woman at the well, or the prostitute that was to be stoned to see how Jesus viewed women and how he communicated with them.

Jesus' consciousness wasn't at balls level so to speak like most of the men you might be used to being around, his higher level of consciousness was simply above sexual attractions, that has nothing to do with his sexual preferences but his preference of interest. Wherever a person directs their thoughts towards is what they become. The average hillbilly has no clue what it means and what it takes to control the mind and body.

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
The narrative does not suggest it. There are no other players in the NT which suggest it.  It seems to be pure speculation with no evidence to support it. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Timid8967
Oh there is indeed especially when it comes to John.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
Sexuality is a part of spirituality, we literally fall in love intertwined with our sexuality.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh there is indeed especially when it comes to John.
So produce it. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Sexuality is a part of spirituality, we literally fall in love intertwined with our sexuality.

Sexual gratification only runs flesh deep....love and relationships are held together at higher levels. In other words love and relationships can exist without sex or sexual preferences. The need to have sex, crave it or desire it is intertwined within the human anatomy as it is at the flesh level, yet the soul of a man exists independent of that.
John 3:6
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
No it doesn't, there is an entire emotional aspect to sex.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Timid8967
It's already produced, if you want me to spoonfeed you it, brother d thomas has already given some of the specifics (but he just gave the most superficial).
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Nothing you can teach a know-it-all I guess. Then one has to wonder why they ask questions. 
The emotions are used to reinforce our attachment to things whether that be good or bad, flesh or spirit....that doesn't mean because we get emotionally involved with something it transcends physical bounds. Sexual gratification has long been understood within spiritual circles as a carnal nature and desire. That's basic stuff. We can attach our emotions to anything, any habit whatsoever. 
This is why you see souls enslaved to all sorts of behaviors in this world, sexual gratifications would be one of those behaviors. Love is distinct from carnal desires which is why people can chase them without any love involved at all. 

Romans 8
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
So are you referring to the  article? 

If so, I missed the evidence presented. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Why is it obscene to be naked Doc?

We inherit certain data and therefore an acquired embarrassment.

And the evolutionary hair thing is interesting, as is the consequential evolutionary need to cover for protection.

But the biblical "sin" thing is a fairly modern data acquisition.

It's not as if we're arguing the toss over the chicken and the egg.

And then there is the magical bloke that imbued a virgin and recreated himself.

You just couldn't make that up could you Doc?

"Imbued"....Hope that's not too obscene and sinful.

And then there was lingerie, as it were......Evolution or GOD Doc?
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
@ RM

Every single disciple and person Jesus used his power on to cure was male, correct?
No. Not correct.

The daughter of a synagogue leader, raised from the dead. The woman, caught in adultery, thought to be the Magdalene. Also, Mary Magdalene was possessed of 7 demons. The woman who touched his robe and was healed. Joanna, the wife of Herod's house manager. The crippled daughter of a man named Abraham. Peter's mother-in-law, healed of a severe fever. A woman's daughter who was healed of a bleeding disorder.   Read the book.

But what any of this has to do with sexuality is the linkage of an agenda. How do you know that the marriage at Cana, since it was Jesus' mother, who, otherwise, has no real business acting for the the man who's wine was depleted, asked Jesus for help. It might have been for Jesus, the bridegroom? No, we don't know, but is your conjecture any more credible?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
Magdalene is the only time he directly helps a woman without it being as a favour to a male, however in the scenario with mary magdalene, he appears to feel for her as a gay man would to his female friend much more than any heterosexual man would.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
The daughter of a synagogue leader, raised from the dead.

That would be the daughter of Jarius, I take it.

No she was not raised from the "dead" in my opinion. She was never "dead" in the first place. 

Try reading the THE BIBLE!

behold,there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.  And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise. He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose”.Matthew9: 18-25.KJV

So we see, if the “certain” ruler’s daughter is dead has her father believes she is, then Jesus lied exactly as he did to those disciples who were with him in the case of Lazarus where he first told them Lazarus was not dead but asleep. And if she (the daughter) was not dead, then there was no miracle performed but a ritualistic “raising” into the Jesus circle of followers  As usual  it seems, Christians AND YOU want it both ways.

Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman,

Magdalene is the only time he directly helps a woman without it being as a favour to a male,

Not true. You are wrong,  AGAIN!!!

There are a few including the " Adulteress" he saves from being stoned to death John 8:1-11.

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
What about the Gentile lady in Mark 7:24-30?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RationalMadman
No. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Timid8967
Comes across almost as comedy to me, lol.  what even was that story? Anyway, sure, but why is it such a tiny story? Why is it when he helps men it's a major miracle?
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
I only mention it because it is another story about females - no males. 

Also I read your link. It did not provide any evidence whatsoever to prove Jesus was gay.  

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Timid8967
Personally, I think the topic was created, just to mock Jesus and Christianity.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Lemming
You may be correct - and i have certainly done my fair share of that. I just don't want lies to be said - saying Jesus is a gay man is a bit like saying Adolph was a gay man. It is not true and is designed in some ways to garner sympathy for Jesus - after all if he is gay, then perhaps he is ok.  He must be enlightened. He must be someone we champion. And to be honest - I dislike Hitler - and Jesus. ?????

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
This was not created solely to mock, Jesus genuinely showed many signs of being gay.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Timid8967
a bit like saying Adolph was a gay man.
Haven't heard that one before, not that it really matters if Hitler was gay or straight.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Lemming
Yeah the story goes - that Adolph was sexually obsessed as a young man- and then finally got married to his great love - only to discover her pubic hairs on his honeymoon - and then decided to maintain abstinence for the entirety of his marriage. 

The other interesting thing was Adolph shared a room in England at uni with none other than Maynard Keynes - the guy he ended up corresponding with over the duration of the war. Keynes helped him with his economics - the entire broken window syndrome - wars make jobs and build up the economy.  And Keynes of course was a very famous homosexual. 

Both of these things together with the fact that Hitler tried to destroy everything he hated about himself - his Jewishness - his grandmother was a Jew. His religion - he was a choir boy. Homosexuals - etc. 

Intereesting story - how true?  Who knows.  
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@RationalMadman
You have not named any yet. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Timid8967
Never heard those stories of Hitler myself, nor do they pop on the internet when I search them.
Sounds reaching, unsubstantiated, to me.
But as was said, doesn't matter so much as his tyrannical reign, war, and genocide.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Lemming
Never heard those stories of Hitler myself, nor do they pop on the internet when I search them.
Sounds reaching, unsubstantiated, to me.
But as was said, doesn't matter so much as his tyrannical reign, war, and genocide.

I learned about Hitler's connection with Keynes at uni.   The other stories I would have to reseach.