Should people get a vote on issues that don’t effect them?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 7
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I have heard many SJWs and leftists insist that men can’t have a say on abortion since they can’t get pregnant.

While this is not accurate as if abortion was banned, men would have a harder time getting consensual sex, I believe you are allowed a say on issues that don’t effect you. Otherwise you could argue (even if I disagree) that the following groups of people don’t get a vote on the following issues:

-Men can’t vote on abortion (even though despite a place where abortion is banned makes it harder to get consensual sex, pro life men don’t care and are willing to sacrifice a sex life to prevent abortion).
-White people don’t get a say on white privilege, repealing qualified immunity and paying reparations.
-People who don’t own guns and are not mass shooting survivors don’t get a say on gun control (since gun laws don’t effect them)
-People who don’t get taxed don’t get a say on tax policy and people who aren’t on government assistance don’t get a say on spending policy.  I guess this means unemployed people don’t get a say on taxes and rich people don’t get a say on spending.

There are probably more examples, but no matter what your political views are, you should support the right of everyone, whether they can get pregnant or not, whether they are white or not, whether they are a gun owner or not, and irrespective of if they pay taxes or depend on the government (whether through welfare or through a government job), you should allow anyone to have a say on any issue or issues they are passionate about.  

That’s how freedom works.  If you still believe that men can’t have a say on abortion but want a say on gun control despite not owning a gun, this is being a hypocrite and people who are unwilling to follow their own advice should not be taken seriously whether those people are democrats or republicans.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog
Literally every political issue affects everyone, either directly or indirectly. Even the ones you mention affect other people. Reparations? White people have to pay those and therefore are effected.

Guns? Even to non-gun owners, crime rates affect them. Tax policies affect job markets and capital allocation, even if you aren't taxed.

A better question, in my mind, is who should vote period. For example, should illiterate people vote? Should felons vote?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
Hey!

All politics is inherently corrupt.

Though some politics is more corrupt than others.

Let's go full on LGBTQQQQQ

No votes for heterosexuals or people displaying a skin tone.

Oooops , that's everyone.

What we need is a global dictator  Big Bro.

Someone like GOD.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@bmdrocks21
@TheUnderdog
Decent points both.
Though the question of 'who gets to vote bothers me a bit, 'even for people I don't think are qualified to vote.
It's sad to be stuck in the same boat, that our freedoms are effected by others.
Their intelligence, or lack of.
Their good will, or malice.
Intrusion at times.
Numbers.

Just bothering, to be effected by others at times.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
Hey!
YOOOOOO!

Let's go full on LGBTQQQQQ

No votes for heterosexuals or people displaying a skin tone.

Oooops , that's everyone.

What we need is a global dictator  Big Bro.

Someone like GOD.
"When I said I supported equal voting rights; I meant men shouldn't vote either"
-Benito Mussolini

I agree. Replace this cringe democracy with a based and redpilled MONARCHY
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@TheUnderdog
People shouldn't get to vote. Is that a sufficient answer?
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
I agree. Replace this cringe democracy with a based and redpilled MONARCHY
I don't agree, as giving anyone absolute power sets a dangerous precedent.