If You Have a Random Thought, Post it Here.

Author: Reece101

Total: 1,064
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I just don't see VR being the 'biggest craze,
Course one can't 'see the future,
And it arguably has at 'least a niche,
And I've never used it myself so bah on this thought a bit.

'Looks uncomfortable to me though, limiting, closeted, expense.

Looking at a phone or computer screen, isolates people a fair bit,
But at least there's the ability to 'always have people in the corner of one's eyes and ears,
Easy to get up and use the bathroom, be 'connected with the rest of the the world.

Course some people 'might want to disconnect themselves in the dark complete.
. .

Still, not as if VR is so immersive as the matrix needle the the back of the head/neck  I would think,
Sensations of the real world still in one's body movements, limitations.
Lemming
Lemming
I wonder how much cloth/thread/clothing a human could make from their own hair, in 100 years.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

Lemming
Lemming
Why 'shouldn't money grow on trees?

Fruits possess value, thus fruits are money, thus money grows on trees.
Statichead
Debates: 4
Statichead
-->
@Lemming
I'm thankful to live in a place safe with a decent quality of life, though I still want for more.
I'm thankful for supportive family.
I'm glad you can see that. 

I have grown up a lot more privileged than billions of other children in the world, being white and upper middle class. I saw and see homeless people everywhere almost no matter where I go in the U.S. (and even Sweden). I rarely do anything to help, sympathetic as I am, which does leave me feeling terrible for homeless people. 

I think I let myself off the hook a little bit just by acknowledging my privilege and how grateful I am not to be in their position. 

There was a song my dad told me about once. I forgot exactly how it goes, but it had something to do with being grateful for what you have and sympathizing with those under you (socially, economically, etc), because tomorrow, you could be in their position too.

Statichead
Statichead
-->
@Lemming
you speak very poetically. you are a very interesting person. isnt it weird how we can see people on the street, have a conversation with them for two minutes, walk away, and never see them again?

isnt it weird how we can have many conversations on the internet, and yet never meet in real life? we'll probably never even know each others names. odd thoughts. odd thoughts
Math_Enthusiast
Debates: 8
Math_Enthusiast
ChatGPT is weirdly bad at math. It can't even solve a cubic. Problems that take me 60 seconds it claims are impossible. I also managed to convince it that 2πi=0. I guess it is designed for creative writing. It doesn't really have any strict logical principles.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Statichead
It often seems to me a difficult groove to keep to, unending charity.

The effort, expectation that one could hold to it I mean.

Though it 'might not be,
Some people are 'highly active in their frequent efforts for others,
But even so, I have difficulty imagining it being easy to habituate all humans to such.

Sociological outcomes, regardless of what one 'hopes a person might choose,
Regardless, a statistical outcome can result,
Implying a great difficulty.
. . . Also there's the problem of 'convincing a person they 'ought to hold to such.
. . .

I'm charitable on occasion,
Usually out of being surprised and close to a need in my face,
It being a person or situation I am close to some,
. .
Or being bothered by other's helping me, 'more than I've helped others, random acts of kindness by strangers towards me I mean,
I feel a need to balance the scales some, pass it along to other random strangers.

Still, at times I regret helping others, should the action have cost me something I value.
Ah selfishness,
Some of my family, creep me out a 'little bit at times,
In the difference of degree, we hold helping others, they're rather strong for it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Certainly outward and inward examination, is valuable to empathy.

"When you see a worthy person, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy person, then examine your inner self." - Confucius

"New International Version
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Well, even a partial memory of the song your dad told you of, sounds useful, appreciable.
. . .

Well, one never knows a stranger in public, until they're observed a bit,
Fun surprise at times,
When one makes a connection, or meaning, where one knew not before, it would be there.

You're a person I've enjoyed talking with as well,
Worth the time, the thought.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Math_Enthusiast
What do you mean logical principles?

@Self
I suppose AI are usually built for specific function,
Like Clippy.

Hm, I'm not sure how to define logic either,
Still,
AI and code usually have an IF X is TRUE then DO Y ACTION.

Human might say,
If FOOD is TRUE then DO EAT ACTION,
Though more complicated I suppose,
And I'm still not convinced AI and 'people are the same or doing the same thing.
Statichead
Statichead
the pope has authorized same-sex marriage, even though it was considered a sin just a few years before. What changed???

7 days later

Lemming
Lemming
I find the idea of exhuming the remains of recent 'archeologists,
Then putting them on display in a museum,
Amusing.

I would 'imagine that most of them would not be bothered,
Though 'some of their families might.
Lemming
Lemming
I would buy prepaid cards in the past because I don't 'like giving out my information to people.
Lemming
Lemming
Well, time to visit my dad for a few months.

8 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Just came across what I think is a recent interview with Roger Penrose {1965 prove GR math was correct } 
Recent Roger Penrose on ...' Does Randomness Exist '... go to 25:47

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

That is a fantastic video.
Best.Korea
Debates: 275
Best.Korea
-->
@Statichead
the pope has authorized same-sex marriage, even though it was considered a sin just a few years before. What changed???
Bible is interpreted according to interest.

The judging of gays no longer pays off to the Church.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
That is a fantastic video
Yeah Im only half way through it.   Quantum = random-ness and Classical = causal/deterministic

I think Gravity and Dark Energy play role in ultra-micro existence of causality for all that occurs in occupied space Universe.

Chaos/random-ness/disorder exists only because human mind and some instrumentation, cannot find the ultra-micro, underlying order.

Entropy is orderly dis-integration, and ultimately, in a finite, occupied space Universe, leads to the "Heat Death ' scenario of Universe, i.e. to a single, ultra-low frequency { ultra-long wave so very flat } photon of coolest possible temperature.

Syntropy is the orderly re-ingtegration of above heat death photon   ---see Fullers graphic here LINK---  as initalizing Big Bang. Be clear here that this minimal structural photon would at minimum a 3D tetrahedron, very flat tetrahedron.

I personally see the scenario for ending initialing next cycling as big bang more complex than that.  I will spare you details and just present the simple graphic bi-lateral logo I used to  express a more complex concepts....O|O....

In that scenario, the single line | as flat aspect of heat death Universe, and on each side , and overlapping the flat | aspect, we have two ultra-micro { ergo invisiible and non-quantizable } dynamic, 5-fold icosahedra with God knows how many primary, 2ndary, trinary etc sets of great circles  ----actually 3D tori in my Cosmic scenarios.

So we maybe could say, that that, the seeming flat heat death photon  ---a dynamic, yet collapsed as seemingly flat, Vector Equilibrium  LINK ---- and it begins to expand back-outwards, sucking in the bilateral set of two icosahedra on each side.  Then it reaches a maxium, and contracts backinward to ultra-flat again, repeat, repeat repeat.

So that is older scenario I used for years.  And it may approximate accuracy, however, with newer Space-time tori ideas, I have occasionaly here presented another idea, wherein, every set of overlapping tori-based paraticles of Universe, have all of the inside the tube reality  --stuff we can quantise--- dissiapate in to outer gravity surface, travel on geodesics and re-enter on as negative curvature Dark Energy invaginations, and this occurs the inside the tube reality { /\/\/\/ }, is cumalitvely assimilataing  near inner curvature and when enough accumulates there is Dark Inflation moment, then.

...it as slows and this inside the tube sine-wave of reality is moving toward outer positive Gravity once again, and the process repeats..  I dont know, but in this latter scenario, maybe the inside the tube reality, IN EVER Particle is become ultra-long wave ergo heat death of our visible reality that in short time the whole falls into out outer Gravity field and spit back out from innner Dark Energy Field of EVERY PARTICLE of reality.

16 days later

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Goodbye.

12 days later

Mharman
Mharman
Nvm
WyIted
Debates: 14
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
Well you tried, thats what is important
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
The whole reason I wanted to leave was to create a new account, to return later. Still thinking about it, I just want to change my username and the email address associated with my account. I just asked Barney if there's a way to change that without starting a new account.

Regardless, I'm getting pretty busy IRL so I won't be around often.

Mharman
Mharman
I love this thread
Mharman
Mharman
There’s a lot of pizza types out there.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mharman
Here I am.

I took your advice and I'm here to discuss the Jesuit significance of crosses.

So, I buy a plain cheese and tomato base from Aldi, and top it with mushrooms, red peppers, black olives and anchovies.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@zedvictor4
I’ve never had anchovies before. I don’t think I want to try them at any point, either.

Red peppers make for a nice choice though.

I’m kind of a 5-meat kinda guy, but recently I’ve been trying a bit of variety.

Last night I had a pizza slice with sliced beef strips, green peppers, black olives, and some kind of spicy sauce on top. It was pretty good.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mharman
Sounds OK.

But I regulate my meat intake, especially processed meats like salami, ham or bacon.

In fact I rarely eat processed meat these days.

Anchovies are just small strips of salted fish and are very tasty.
Mharman
Mharman
DOOM OST goes hard
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
What happened to Lemming?
sadolite
sadolite
If the US can just magically print $93 billion  to just give away to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, why don't those countries just print their own money.? What would be the fucking difference, other than them going trillions into debt rather than the US. Why cant they go Trillions into debt. Its not like the US will ever honor its debts. Its just unrepayable debt on top of unrepayable debt on top of unrepayable debt. Why the US  dollar has any value at all is what boggles my mind. Pay for your own fucking wars with your own unpayable debt. 
sadolite
sadolite
Sitting here wondering if a bunch dumb ass MAGA moron red neck truck drivers could actually bring NY city to its knees. The next few days should be interesting if they are serious about not delivering anything to NY city. Also wondering if the President can force anyone to deliver. I mean you cant make someone drive a truck. They can just drive it off the road and get it stuck and say "My bad".