Why is the LDS considered a cult and not a proper Christian denomination?

Author: Timid8967

Total: 90
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Eh, not sure 'I'd call them 'traditional myself, of what little I know of them.
But I'm not sure I'd call them a cult either.
Timid8967
Debates: 0
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
  So this is in contrast to what traditional Christians would say is true. 

Define a "traditional Christian " for us. And what is it they " say is true"?

Why don't you answer the question for yourself?

Because I have politely asked you to. And it not "irrelevant" to the thread, your own thread, if you have raised the point about what YOU have called the
"traditional Christian", on your own thread, which you have and did.

Are you saying the "Mormons" are not "traditional Christians" ?

And isn't it a bit rude to continue calling them " Mormons" when Fauxlaw has  explicitly said: 

First, we prefer to not be referred to as "Mormons." That was tolerated for a long while, but it was recognized as one of the reasons why people not familiar with the church classify us as non-Christians. Officially, the Church is known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, #3

And do you need reminding yet again, of your own plea as to the direction that YOU wish your own thread to go?

Timid8967  Please do not use this as a slanging board against the LDS. 

You are correct, I should not call Mormons Mormon, I should refer to them as LDS. My topic is about LDS, not traditional Christians. It is in fact a question about the contrast and comparison of the same.  I personally have thought it was possible to understand Christians via the WCC. Yet, this is not the case.  So it would be helpful if such a person as yourself who is obviously an expert on the subject "having studied religion and the bible for 40 years.  "but I have studied religion for over 40 years. So do not make the mistake of believing I know nothing of the scriptures." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/506/post-links/22710. Or as you put it so recently and so full of it - "four decades with bible ignorant and  dismissive "anti theists".https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6303/post-links/271971.  

Really it is up to you. 

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
This topic is about Mormons. It is not about traditional Christians.  If you want to make it about traditional Christians, then you define what traditional Christians are. You as I said above are the one who brags about your brilliance having studied religion and the bible for 40 years.  "but I have studied religion for over 40 years. So do not make the mistake of believing I know nothing of the scriptures." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/506/post-links/22710
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967

And isn't it a bit rude to continue calling them " Mormons" when Fauxlaw has  explicitly said: 

First, we prefer to not be referred to as "Mormons." That was tolerated for a long while, but it was recognized as one of the reasons why people not familiar with the church classify us as non-Christians. Officially, the Church is known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, #3

You are correct, I should not call Mormons Mormon, I should refer to them as LDS.

I know. 
And should  you need reminding yet again, of your own plea as to the direction that YOU wish your own thread to go? I will remind you.

You are the one with the bragging rights.  Go for it.

Nice of you to suggest that, but I don't see it that way.

Those "rights" that you mention belong to them that go around calling themselves Pastors, Priests , Ministers and Chaplains that actually do claim to know better than anyone else on the planet simply  because they have awarded themselves these titles. I am sure you know the type I mean don't you? 

The type that you have called 

and Tradesecret and pga2.0  #20  are both Deluded a bit nuts

And their "movements":  

"  No wonder we see so much weirdness in the Christian movement. "#141

Please remember that you started this shite dimtim. I asked you to remember what you had said and requested . And  it went clean out of the window once you were challenged, didn't it?

And while we are on the subject, didn't you once inform us all here that:

I am not a christian, so cannot speak as to how they think.  #111

You appear to be doing quite a lot of thinking for them on this and many other threads too.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen

You are correct, I should not call Mormons Mormon, I should refer to them as LDS.

I know. 
And should  you need reminding yet again, of your own plea as to the direction that YOU wish your own thread to go? I will remind you.

You are the one with the bragging rights.  Go for it.

Nice of you to suggest that, but I don't see it that way.

Those "rights" that you mention belong to them that go around calling themselves Pastors, Priests , Ministers and Chaplains that actually do claim to know better than anyone else on the planet simply  because they have awarded themselves these titles. I am sure you know the type I mean don't you? 

The type that you have called 

and Tradesecret and pga2.0  #20  are both Deluded a bit nuts

And their "movements":  

"  No wonder we see so much weirdness in the Christian movement. "#141

Please remember that you started this shite dimtim. I asked you to remember what you had said and requested . And  it went clean out of the window once you were challenged, didn't it?

And while we are on the subject, didn't you once inform us all here that:

I am not a christian, so cannot speak as to how they think.  #111

You appear to be doing quite a lot of thinking for them on this and many other threads too.

Ok. But you are the one bragging - so please answer the question - stop avoiding doing so - because after all you are one who studied religion and the bible for 40 years.  "but I have studied religion for over 40 years. So do not make the mistake of believing I know nothing of the scriptures." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/506/post-links/22710. If you are having trouble ask your "priest and nun." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/475/post-links/21714.  Or perhaps your " wife and children and grand children and your many friends"  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/433/post-links/18264. Or perhaps you could go and read your favorite bedtime story by Professor Morton Smith https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/416/post-links/19893  but then again you are a fraud as you admit  "I am a mister nobody"  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/360/post-links/15256 so perhaps we should not be worried. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
Ok. But you are the one bragging -

If you say so.  But then this makes me no better or worse than all those here claiming to be "high priests#36" Pastors and Chaplains #20 that claim higher education and "qualified" to speak on all things religion and something you yourself  know absolutely nothing about>>>>

I am not a christian, so cannot speak as to how they think.  #111

so please answer the question

I think I asked you to explain your comment. I didn't make it. It is you that is doing all the evading, princess from the second you were called , you caved. 

Would you like another go?

So this is in contrast to what traditional Christians would say is true. 

Define a "traditional Christian " for us. And what is it they " say is true"?

Why don't you answer the question for yourself?

Because I have politely asked you to. And it not "irrelevant" to the thread, your own thread, if you have raised the point about what YOU have called the
"traditional Christian", on your own thread, which you have and did.

Now, off you go.

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
No. You are the one bragging. you have not denied your bragging. In fact you agree " If you say so. "https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6303/post-links/271988. I don't have to answer your questions. And I have your permission and precedent to take this view "But it isn't , it is my thread not yours. it is about what i have chosen it to be about , and not what you want is to be about or what you think it should be about. Why does this always seem to go over your head. And you should start a thread of your own giving your own speculations on your own thread." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/663/post-links/31394

So if it is good enough for you to decide how your thread go - it is good enough for me. 

So - please begin - explain to us what Traditional Christianity is? 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
While they are undeniably Christian, whether they are a cult is less clear-cut and depends upon ones definition of the word (of which there are many).

So, what do you use to determine whether an organization is a cult?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
You are the one bragging.

If you say so.
I can accept you not knowing the difference.

I don't have to answer your questions.

Like I said. You caved at the first problematic question raised by your own comments. 

it is my thread not yours.

Indeed it is an you have derailed it within just a few posts by going against your own wishes and turning it into a "slanging board"... #1,  withing just a few posts.  You just couldn't help yourself , could you , dim?
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
@ Stephen.

What a shame your all powerful god didn't think of doing this way back in the garden of Eden, isn't it, 
What a shame it is you do not understand the scriptures as given. Hint: Creation does not stop in Genesis 1. In fact, it's not fully completed in Genesis 2, even though it is reviewed. We must see the fruition of Creation with the teaching to Adam and Eve, and even Satan [who I suspect already knew what God would say]. The "doing this" as you accuse was already in the mind of God, and was given in Gen. 3: 15: "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."  

Enmity, normally a thing, is, in this case, a name for a person, and we learn who that person is later in the verse. It is not so evident by the English translation [surprise!], but is sufficiently understood by the Hebrew [yes, you may now offer your typical disgust]. The operative word, in English, "it," as in "it shall bruise thy head..."  in Hebrew, is rendered as. ה֚וּא (), which is: He. He shall bruise thy head. Who "He?"  We are told by the remaining phrase, "...thou shalt bruise his heel."  Whose heel was bruised by Satan? Look to whose hands and feet bear the marks of sin's effort [Satan's effort] to thwart the Atonement of Jesus Christ. There's your "he." And the first bruising is the last. Ultimately, Christ bruises all Satan's effort, and Satan, and all his evil, will be defeated, was defeated, by the Atonement of Christ. We, including Adam and Eve, are redeemed from sin by that Atonement, and our acceptance of it.

What a shame you do not accept it. And, what a shame you ignorantly walk into it. One cannot read and comprehend with an attitude of division and ridicule. You have been told this repeatedly. Time to get it.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Timid8967
You don't believe in Hell though do you? So is it the case that everyone now goes to heaven? Including Adolph Hitler? 
I absolutely believe hell exists. It is out darkness, where no light shines at all. Not that of a single, distant star. Hell may be what science calls "black hole." I don't know, but I do know hell is the abode of Satan and his minions. It is a place of no doors, where, once placed, there is no escape. In a sense, those who abide by hell's precepts consistently are in hell, now, just as those who consistently abide by heaven's precepts live there, now. Ultimately, the final placements, by our eventual judgment from God will be permanent, and much more intense in both places.

However, where as hell is a singular kingdom, heaven is actually an abode of many separate kingdoms, not just one. This is roughly explained n Romans 1: 25.

Ok. So this is clearly a contrast from the traditional position of Jesus being God?    
Yes, this is a distinction of LDS theology, I believe, although it is my impression that, contrary to what is taught in "traditional "Christianity, many people find this concept agreeable. It just makes sense.

Ok. Would the Holy Spirit in the LDS be the same as the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church?
Frankly, I don't have sufficient knowledge of Catholicism to render an opinion. As I read the Catechism, they are different concepts. We consider the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit [we use both terms] as a personal being, an entity who is not some amorphous, formless shape, but a humanoid of spirit matter, as we all once were. We believe that, as. a person, he, too, will have the opportunity to come to Earth to obtain a physical body and live a mortal life. There will come a time, at the Savior's second coming, when Satan will be bound, and people will not suffer the temptations Satan works today. During this period, the mortal person who was  the Holy Ghost will live his mortal life, effectively a perfect life much as Jesus lived. However, at the end of Earth and its mortal state [yes, Earth will, itself, transform into a perfect sphere, and it will be the highest kingdom of heaven where the most righteous of us dwell] Satan will be released "for a season" - that could be for quite a while, to tempt those born during the age while Satan in bound, so that those people, too, can be tested by temptation. This is only fair; no one living on Earth can be deprived of temptation. Not even Jesus was so protected.

For the record, how would you describe a cult? 
I don't like the term, but there is nothing particularly derogatory about it given its dictionary definition.as being a religious organization that does not teach "traditional" Christianity, whatever that is.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
What slanging match? You must be on a different thread.  This one is about the LDS.  
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@fauxlaw
Thanks for your patience. 

You don't believe in Hell though do you? So is it the case that everyone now goes to heaven? Including Adolph Hitler? 
I absolutely believe hell exists. It is out darkness, where no light shines at all. Not that of a single, distant star. Hell may be what science calls "black hole." I don't know, but I do know hell is the abode of Satan and his minions. It is a place of no doors, where, once placed, there is no escape. In a sense, those who abide by hell's precepts consistently are in hell, now, just as those who consistently abide by heaven's precepts live there, now. Ultimately, the final placements, by our eventual judgment from God will be permanent, and much more intense in both places.

However, where as hell is a singular kingdom, heaven is actually an abode of many separate kingdoms, not just one. This is roughly explained n Romans 1: 25.
Is Hell eternal for Satan? Do you think Satan is real person? I looked at Romans 1:25 but could not find anything to do with heaven. Is that the right verse?  Can you please answer the question about Adolph Hitler? Does your religion teach that he will go to Hell, or this black hole or will he go to one of your heavens? If the latter, is this heaven perfect? And will their be Jews there, who might see Hitler and think it is less than perfect? 

Ok. So this is clearly a contrast from the traditional position of Jesus being God?    
Yes, this is a distinction of LDS theology, I believe, although it is my impression that, contrary to what is taught in "traditional "Christianity, many people find this concept agreeable. It just makes sense.
Thanks for confirming that it has significant contrary doctrines to the traditional sense.  Which people from what parts of Christianity might find this concept agreeable? Do you have any examples? 

Ok. Would the Holy Spirit in the LDS be the same as the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church?
Frankly, I don't have sufficient knowledge of Catholicism to render an opinion. As I read the Catechism, they are different concepts. We consider the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit [we use both terms] as a personal being, an entity who is not some amorphous, formless shape, but a humanoid of spirit matter, as we all once were. We believe that, as. a person, he, too, will have the opportunity to come to Earth to obtain a physical body and live a mortal life. There will come a time, at the Savior's second coming, when Satan will be bound, and people will not suffer the temptations Satan works today. During this period, the mortal person who was  the Holy Ghost will live his mortal life, effectively a perfect life much as Jesus lived. However, at the end of Earth and its mortal state [yes, Earth will, itself, transform into a perfect sphere, and it will be the highest kingdom of heaven where the most righteous of us dwell] Satan will be released "for a season" - that could be for quite a while, to tempt those born during the age while Satan in bound, so that those people, too, can be tested by temptation. This is only fair; no one living on Earth can be deprived of temptation. Not even Jesus was so protected.
Thanks for acknowledging your limitations.  I understood that LDS taught that the Catholic church was not a real church or had fallen into apostasy. I figured if that was the case, then you might have sufficient knowledge to make such a judgment.  Perhaps you just trust your leaders. That is not a negative by the way.  I am a bit confused by the notion that "no one on earth can be deprived of temptation". I have no idea what you are talking about. 

For the record, how would you describe a cult? 
I don't like the term, but there is nothing particularly derogatory about it given its dictionary definition.as being a religious organization that does not teach "traditional" Christianity, whatever that is.
So although you don't like the term. you would not find it offensive for traditional christians and others to label the LDS a cult? For the record, would you consider the JW to fit within traditional christianity? Or the moonies? Or the hare krishnas?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Savior of man from perpetual death following mortality by resurrection to life everlasting in perfect bodies, and redeemed from the influence of evil forever more, conditional on keeping the commandments of God.

What a shame your all powerful god didn't think of doing this way back in the garden of Eden, isn't it, High Priest? Think of all the mindless slaughter he wouldn't have had to command us mere mortals to commit on his command for "his name sake" over the last billion years?

What a shame it is you do not understand the scriptures as given. Hint: Creation does not stop in Genesis 1.

So. My point is that if your god had nipped all the "sin" BS in the bud back then,(or had not created it in the first place) then HE wouldn't have had to command the murder of billions of innocents or would HE have had to offer his only son for a blood sacrifice, would he, now, High Priest?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
@ Stephen

You still misunderstand. God does not command people to murder. They do it by their own choice. You may be surprised to know I do not believe God is the total cause of anything. Even creation was performed by using raw, disorganized matter and energy already in existence, and commands nothing by way of thoughts and actions of man, leaving them entirely to their free agency up to the point of their (man’s) risk of utter destruction by evil doing. Hint: death is not that utter destruction. There are far worse consequences than death.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum as shown once again below, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts to him, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wants to be called a Christian,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone,

YOUR VERY BOM BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE IN POST #45!:  "...... You may be surprised to know I do not believe God is the total cause of anything."

You state that Jesus, as the serial killer Jewish Yahweh God incarnate, is not the total cause of anything?  HUH? BOOK OF MORMON: "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him." (Colossians 1:16). How BOM Bible stupid can you get?!

YOUR VERY BOM BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE ONCE AGAIN IN POST #45:   "and commands nothing by way of thoughts and actions of man, leaving them entirely to their free agency ..."

WTF! Again, you do not have FREE WILL, whereas Jesus, not chance, decides what happens in human affairs, including the FACT that you remain as Bible stupid as Tradesecret within this esteemed forum!

1. “The lot is cast into the lap, but it's every decision is from the LORD” (Proverbs 16:33).  

2. "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand (Proverbs 19:21).

3.  "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).

4.  JESUS SAID: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

As if your comical Moron, excuse me, Mormon Faith isn't embarrassing enough, it is unbelievable in how you can continue to show yourself within this forum where I and many others have literally Bible Slapped you Silly ad infinitum, and will continue to do so at your embarrassing expense in front of the membership!  Get it?  Are you going to run and cry to the moderators again?

FAUXLAW, oh, has the Hubble Spacecraft Telescope found the Mormon planet Kolob yet, which is the nearest place to Jesus as God in heaven?  LOL!!!!!!!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms,[.................................]and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wants to be called a Christian,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone,

YOUR VERY BOM BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE IN POST #45!:  "...... Fauxlaw wrote: You may be surprised to know I do not believe God is the total cause of anything."

You state that Jesus, as the serial killer Jewish Yahweh God incarnate, is not the total cause of anything?  HUH? BOOK OF MORMON: "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him." (Colossians 1:16). 

How BOM Bible stupid can you get?!

Well he can't get any worse surly , Brother, can he?

Fauxlax wrote  "and commands nothing by way of thoughts and actions of man, leaving them entirely to their free agency ..."

WTF! Again, you do not have FREE WILL, whereas Jesus, not chance, decides what happens in human affairs, including the FACT that you remain as Bible stupid as Tradesecret within this esteemed forum!

1. “The lot is cast into the lap, but it's every decision is from the LORD” (Proverbs 16:33).  

2. "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand (Proverbs 19:21).

3.  "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).

4.  JESUS SAID: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

As if your comical Moron, excuse me, Mormon Faith isn't embarrassing enough, it is unbelievable in how you can continue to show yourself within this forum where I and many others have literally Bible Slapped you Silly ad infinitum, and will continue to do so at your embarrassing expense in front of the membership!  Get it?  Are you going to run and cry to the moderators again?

I spoke too soon then,Brother.

But in all fairness to Fauxlaw, Brother,  maybe it's because you are not a High Priest as he claims to be#36 or are you a  student of the  ancient Greek language#28, as he also claims to be?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

In relation to your post #47, and "IF" the hell bound Mormon FAUXLAW is an ordained priest, then his BOM Bible ignorance only makes his presence within this forum worse in embarrassment!  When FAUXLAW came out of the closet and actually admitted he was a Mormon, of which he hid from before when I asked him his division of the faith, is the foundation of him now being ungodly!  

More than likely FAUXLAW is too scared to discuss his chosen Satanic Mormon faith with me, and will once again RUN AWAY from me as he has done many times before when discussing Judea-Christianity, but I will nonetheless bring forth laughable and disturbing facts about his Saturday Night Live comical Moron, I mean, Mormon faith.  I can visually see him in my minds eye in putting on his latest pair of running shoes to perform this act at his expense once again.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

FAUXLAW, in being guilty of the following:  the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum as shown once again below, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts to him, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone, and says Jesus is not the total cause of everything of which He is, and that Christians have "free will" which they do not,

FAUXLAW'S QUOTE OF TOTAL BOM BIBLE IGNORANCE SHOWS ONCE AGAIN IN POST #45: "You still misunderstand. God does not command people to murder."  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6303/post-links/272248

Again, the Bible dumbfounded FAUXLAW is wrong when Jesus stated that He does command His followers to murder in the following instances of many:

1. "This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys." (1 Samuel 15:2)

2. "It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.  If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),  do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.  You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.  Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again." (Deuteronomy 13:4-12)

Yes, Jesus and I are getting tired of always having to correct FAUXLAW'S complete Bible ignorance, but that is why Jesus has sent me to this forum, to correct the outright blatant ignorance of the existing pseudo-christians in what they think they know, where they to not regarding the JUDEO-Christian Bible!

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
@Timid8967
Brother, It’s amazing the sheer ignorance you demonstrate in relation to LDS.  Fauxlaw will respond when you start to demonstrate at least a passing semblance of understanding. 

Timid, what is the purpose of your post? Stephen correctly (unusually) is correct. You have made traditional Christianity part of your topic. It is not simply LDS since you have asked for people to compare and contrast the two. So please define it for us. 

Waiting.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a man, to a woman, and now unknown, the Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being the Trinity God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity he/she/unknown follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding Noah's ark, the pseudo-christian that says kids that curse their parents should be killed, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19 and 2 Timothy 4:3, an admitted sexual deviant, and had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, an embarrassed LIAR of their true gender,

YOUR VAIN QUOTE IN TRYING TO STAND UP FOR FAUXLAW BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO IT HIMSELF! LOL!!!!!!: "Brother, It’s amazing the sheer ignorance you demonstrate in relation to LDS.  Fauxlaw will respond when you start to demonstrate at least a passing semblance of understanding."

First thing, I have forgotten more about the Satanic Mormon faith than you will ever learn about it, understood Bible fool equal to FAUXLAW? We can all see that you and FAUXLAW have gotten together to form a little Bible Fool Pact, where since FAUXLAW cannot address my posts to him, as shown in this thread alone, you are now speaking for him because he is to SCARED to do it himself! LOL!

BTW, speaking of running away from my Jesus inspired posts, you have yet to address the following posts where you are way behind in at least "trying" to do so! Will you show the membership your continued RUN AWAY STATUS, or actually address the posts below that you are obviously very SCARED of?  Are you putting on your RUNNING SHOES again? We shall see. LOL

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5462-what-would-you-do-if-god-commands-you-to-murder?page=3&post_number=69

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5510-evidence-for-god?page=1&post_number=8

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5510-evidence-for-god?page=1&post_number=12

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5462-what-would-you-do-if-god-commands-you-to-murder?page=4&post_number=95

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5587-the-bibles-most-cruel-lie?page=1&post_number=17

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5462-what-would-you-do-if-god-commands-you-to-murder?page=4&post_number=96

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5605-another-one-of-my-arguments-for-gods-existence?page=1&post_number=10

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5605-another-one-of-my-arguments-for-gods-existence?page=2&post_number=27

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Ahh you have been a busy little beaver. Did you get the sack again?  Too much time wasting on questions already answered either with words or silence.  Silence of course is the utter insult to a question not worth answering. Despite our teachers myth that “there is no such thing as a bad question” the contrary is true. There are stupid questions. 

perhaps you have forgotten more about LDS than I have learned. Yet your comments show you know next to little about it.  And seem to be contradicting these comments. 

Given your current state of affairs it is unlikely however you will actually give fauxlaw any trouble. Well not unless you’ve stopped being so flaky. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
If you serious and you need these questions answered then please put them into a format without the added fluffy niceties you throw. When you ask nicely I will respond. While you retain the vitriol I will simply reply in kind. 

Over to you - let’s see how serious you are about having these questions answered. 

Nicely and sincerely and genuinely or full of vitriol, sarcasm and nastiness. One will help with real answers the other will continue your charade. 

Begin
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Oh yeah and one final note before you begin don’t ask the questions in this thread. start a new one. Don’t cross thread and contaminate this one. 

So begin when you are ready. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Timid8967
Are you going to answer the question or not? What is your definition of traditional Christianity? How can we properly analyse the two unless you give us some direction? 

Begin 
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Timid8967
- Give it a couple hundred years & they will considered Orthodox. LDS are actually closer to the teachings of the Bible than most Christian denominations out there.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

YOUR RUNAWAY EXCUSE QUOTE ONCE AGAIN, LOL!!!: " Too much time wasting on questions already answered either with words or silence."

OMG, how many times has Jesus and I have seen your RUNAWAY excuses from His pseudo-christians like you!  Follow the links that I have posed to you, where there is NOT any responses from you, or any reasonable response other than to "SILENTLY" run away from them! LOL!

I am truly sorry, but your once again vain attempt in stating that I run away from you is false, as embarrassingly shown in the recent links below at your RUNAWAY expense in front of the membership:

Within said links above, you are no more a Christian than the equally Bible inept FAUXLAW!  Priceless.

NEXT BIBLE STUPID PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN EQUAL TO TRADESECRET WILL BE ... ?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum as explicitly shown, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts to him by me, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times,  says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wants to be called a Christian,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone,

How much are you paying the equally Bible ignorant and stupid TRADESECRET in defending you instead of where you obviously cannot do it yourself regarding your comical Mormon faith, as the links below easily show?

In the future, your “coming out party” in telling the membership that you are a member of one of the most disgraceful divisions of Christianity ever invented, in being a hell bound Mormon, will haunt your presence upon this esteemed forum for as long as you are here, bar none!

Asking you once again, are you too embarrassed to tell me and the membership if the Hubble Spacecraft Telescope has found your faiths planet Kolob yet?  *Cough*

According to the traditional, literal Mormon interpretation of the Book of Abraham, Kolob is an actual star in this universe that is, or is near, the physical throne of God. According to Smith, this star was discovered by Methuselah and Abraham by looking through Urim and Thummim, a set of seer stones bound into a pair of spectacles. LDS Church leader and historian B. H. Roberts (1857–1933) interpreted Smith's statements to mean that our solar system and its governing "planet" (the Sun) revolved around a star known as Kae-e-vanrash, which itself revolved with its own solar system around a star called Kli-flos-is-es or Hah-ko-kau-beam, which themselves revolve around Kolob, which he characterized as "the great centre of that part of the universe to which our planetary system belongs"

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Tradesecret
This is not about the traditional christian, it is about LDS. In any event I referenced the WCC as the umbrella organisation for churches the world over as the primary definition. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6303/post-links/271844.

You could look it up on their site. World Council of Churches (oikoumene.org)

The World Council of Churches is a fellowship of churches which confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the scriptures, and therefore seek to fulfil together their common calling to the glory of the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
It is a community of churches on the way to visible unity in one faith and one eucharistic fellowship, expressed in worship and in common life in Christ. It seeks to advance towards this unity, as Jesus prayed for his followers, "so that the world may believe." (John 17:21)
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is the broadest and most inclusive among the many organized expressions of the modern ecumenical movement, a movement whose goal is Christian unity. 

currently, the LDS are not members of the WCC as I can tell. 
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Yassine
 Give it a couple hundred years & they will considered Orthodox. LDS are actually closer to the teachings of the Bible than most Christian denominations out there.
So show us then.  don't just assert it, prove it.  

as the Brother would suggest "You may start now".