Why exactly is Pool Billiards separated by gender?

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 36
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
The break is mostly why. Women and men can shoot equally as well,, but the break is why low ranked professional males often beat the best female pool players. It's just too much of an advantage to overcome

526 days later

pedro_uno
Debates: 0
pedro_uno
I think the situation in billiards is similar to eSports.  In Fortnite competitions the top 1000 players are all boys, mostly in their mid teens.

No girl or woman has ever come close to qualifying for the Fortnite Championship Series final.  I cannot see any physiological reason why women cannot operate a keyboard and mouse as well as men.  Still, women and girls can be very good and bring a lot to the game.  I follow several of the top women players, hoping they can break into the top tier of competition.

In place of that, I think it is a good idea to have woman-only competitions with real prize money. These days it could be tough to verify the gender of players but I still think it would be interesting.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@pedro_uno
Women are better at babies and doing the dishes.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Women are better at babies and doing the dishes.
Not a criticism of what you have just posted, just saying that the current state of social application of language (at least in English) already has me thinking as if this sentence was really mocking women.

In turn, women are just more experienced at tending to their kids and doing the dishes because, well, they have been used to doing this for the last millenia or so, not saying it is good or it isn't. I guess, men are just more experienced at some sports and will get EVEN MORE experienced comparatively(which is a bad thing) if such opportunities are never open to women.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Correct. 

As is my style, I was being satirical.

Though the base reality remains the same, for the time being.

Women produce the egg and carry the developing embryo.

Doing the dishes was really a metaphor for maternal instinct.

Which I think, is still distinctly different to paternal instinct.

Though that's not to underplay the potential of socio-psychological pressure to influence the evolution of the human species.

As I see it, sport is just a modern manifestation of hunter gathering and mating ritualism. Also constantly evolving.

Showing off to the ladies, as it were.

But also ladies showing off to the ladies. 

And of course men showing off to the men.

Such is how things are evolving.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
PS.

And of course things in between, showing off to whosoever will pay them some interest.

Evolution hey?