The 2020 election wasn't "rigged"

Author: drlebronski

Total: 40
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@Lemming
Did Not rebut anything, started ranting on how democrats are bad in his opinion; america is a democratic republic https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/yes-constitution-democracy/616949/
most wikis on wikipedia include sources but I don't know if the one he's using does.
Trump knew about covid and was warned long before it became big. He himself refused to wear a mask  and got covid. he also suggested putting disinfectant in your body https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-suggests-injection-disinfectant-beat-coronavirus-clean-lungs-n1191216
Obama had made a plan specifically for a virus outbreak trump didnt do anything. trump said himself he slowed down testing to make the numbers look better. Biden took office and orders more vaccines resulting in 60% of the us fully or partially vaccinated.
Insurrection definition--a violent uprising against an authority or government. 
That's exactly what happened on january, 6th. 
defunding the police is putting funds towards more important things. right now police fund is 143.5 billion dollars.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@drlebronski
Eh, if this was a 'formal debate, my vote would be for oromagi's argument.
But it's not a formal debate, for 'me, this is just a steam bath, a vent of my opinions.
I'm not bothered by not having a 'perfect argument of facts, logic, references, so on. In a forum discussion.
Still not changing my opinion, though.

Ask me why I support gun rights in America?
I've already forgotten, but I'm sure I have good reason for my opinion, as I thought about it in the far past, forgot, someone questioned me about it, and I thought about it again, found I still supported gun rights in America, forgotten again, but I'm sure I've justified it to myself by arguments given.

Not that, 'that debate, was a 'perfect argument of facts, logic, references, so on.
But I did think about it, enough to satisfy myself.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lemming
->@oromagi
Obviously, there's plenty more.  I'm just surveying the Wikipedia bullet points, really. - oromagi

lol.

Yeah, that's too bad because that's so  amazingly wrong and the event was so recent and well publicized.  I think a lot of Trump supporters are just willfully misinformed. - oromagi
Eh, I don't consider myself a Trump supporter, I paid it some scant attention when it's on the news, I wasn't much impressed.
The Democrats have gone for that impeach angle the 'moment Trump took office,
I opposed impeaching Trump the moment Trump took office.  But when Trump made Michael Flynn the top spy in  the country  , Mr. Pizzagate "lock her up" himself, and then we learned that:

• Flynn actually  hangs out with Putin sometimes, and
  • that he got paid ten of thousands of dollars by Putin to do nothing
    • while hiding that fact from the US Govt
    • and not paying taxes on those foreign bribes
    • while also consulting for at least 7 of the US's most sensitive defense and cybersecurity contracts
      • making him a pretty goddamn obvious Russian spy
  • And then we learned that Trump KNEW Flynn was a Russian spy
    • that it was the first thing Barack Obama warned Trump about in November after congratulating Trump on his win
    • and that Flynn admitted to Trump in early January that he was taking Putin's money and lying about it to FBI investigators who were already sniffing around
      • and then also admitted that he took half a million dollars to spy for Turkey
      • and lied to the FBI about that
      • and didn't pay taxes on that money, either
    • and that Trump then made him America's top spy anyway for reasons that can only be treason (truly, no non-treasonous explanation could ever suffice)
    • and then fired the Attorney General on  his third day in office when she warned Trump that Flynn was a Russian spy
    • and then lied to his FBI director abut Flynn
    • and then lied to his cabinet about Flynn
    • and then lied to his VP when Pence confronted him directly
    • and then lied to the Press and then realized he was fucked
    • so he fired Flynn on Flynn's 21st day in office
      • and told the Press it was because Flynn lied to Pence
      • which even Obama knew was a lie because Obama already knew that Trump already knew Flynn was a spy for at least 3 months and made him top spy anyway
      • and Flynn admitted that he'd been a  Russian secret agent and had lied and covered  up and stolen taxpayer's money
    • and suddenly, every intelligent person in America realized that Trump wasn't just a stupid stooge, that astonishingly, somehow, the Steele Dossier was essentially true and Russia had compromised our new Commander-in-Chief.
    • THAT was the moment that I realized that, just three weeks into office, Trump had already committed far worse crimes in office than any President ever and that our nation was already deep in a National Security Crisis from which we have not yet emerged
    • THAT was the moment I said impeach the fucker before he brings us all down
"drug deal"

Bosh, accusing Trump of being a drug dealer.
Not Bosh, Bolton.  The original neo-Con, the most conservative politician in America called Trump a drug dealer and guilty of treason.  Actually, in his book Bolton says Trump tried to get Xi to support his election, too, in exchange for an agricultural deal.

I don't see the corruption, so much as I see party lines, which the Democrats have intentionally deepened themselves.
Well, then you need a new prescription, buddy, because Trump's corruption was always utterly manifest.

I don't see the 'justice of the Democrats, I see a self interested, self righteous, bunch of hypocritical blowhards, intent on removing the 2nd amendment, removing secure borders, seeking to enlarge big government, defund the police, and push views and laws not 'worthy, in my eyes.  Who push for disorder in the streets and small businesses of America, but screech in concern, when a bit of hubabaloo comes to 'their front door.
Well, I'd argue all those points but the line here is loyal vs. disloyal, pro-US vs anti-US. 

. . .

wolf, Wolf, Wolf! Cries the Democrat.
The wolf came and went, dude.  The wolf came to town for 4 years ago and invited all his bear friends over and they ate the sheep and then they fucked your wife and then ate her too and then they ate your children and peed down your well and went home fat and laughing.  Now we want to build a wolf-proof fence and get a posse together to see if we can kill that thing but you're still sitting on your barstool, unimpressed.

Certainly Covid was 'such a danger in Trumps term, now everyone's walking around maskless, what a miracle, just a bit of Biden, and what little concern Covid is now.
Except in rural counties that voted for Trump and won't get vaccinated or wear masks because somehow that's a badge of Trump loyalty.  Be advised that the CDC says you better get vaccinated and wear a mask until you do because its already making a comeback in Republican enclaves- Missouri, Wyoming, Idaho.

Trump could have conceded power easier, he didn't, oh well.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@oromagi
Well, I've said my view.
Responding to paragraphs and paragraphs, an 'paragraphs,
Needing to do reading, and reading, and 'reading, of sources, to refresh my memory of exact events,
'Isn't something I'm quite interested in.

11 days later

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Lemming
"According to an October 2020 article by The Hill, at least 119 newspaper editorials endorsed Biden, while only 6 endorsed Trump. While being a left-leaning publication does not disqualify a publication from providing objective media coverage, it means that the American media establishment has essentially become an extension of the Biden-Harris campaign…”
Seems like you don’t understand the difference between objective journalism and neutral journalism. In a perfect world they would be the same, but that’s clearly not the case here. A journalist’s job is to be objective. They are protected by the constitution for the literal purpose of having someone to be our reality gate keepers.

What never ceases to amaze me is how “liberal bias” in the media is twisted from a serious warning about Trump into an indictment of the media itself. This is like accusing the umpire of impropriety merely because they called a strike.

Just look around. Many of those publications never before endorsed a democrat or haven’t in decades. No surviving republican president endorsed Trump. The former Republican speaker of the house did not vote for Trump. 10 republican congressman voted to impeach Trump. Without even looking at any of the facts, this one is already obvious.

But it’s worse then that. Forget policy for a moment, just look at the man. Trump is the literal antithesis of everything we teach our children to be, and the antithesis of everything we learned in civics class a president was supposed to be. So how on earth do you turn criticism of him into an argument against those criticizing him?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Double_R

Well stated.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Double_R
I disagree, but I also don't care to do more than agree to disagree.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Lemming
For someone who presents themselves as an open minded individual ready and willing to change their mind… you sure have little to say when confronted with an opposing viewpoint.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Double_R
Often enough, I'm satisfied with hearing others, and not saying much myself.
I don't always feel a need to say I've read your post and am thinking on it.
Though for this 'particular topic, I've simply lost interest.

I also don't think that my claim was outrageous.
Seems a safe assertion to make, that the news is biased.
I find the people arguing the news lacks bias, is objective and equal to all, absurd.
But I also 'don't care to argue it.

Though I may be wrong, when a conclusion is self evident to oneself, they see it as a waste of time, at times, to belabor the point.

With the race issue we discussed, my mind 'also wasn't changed, I just lost interest.
My interest in various activities waxes and wanes at times, currently for debating, I'm more waning than waxing.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Lemming
No one I know is arguing that the news is not biased, we’re responding to the fallacious argument that media bias is out of control or that the media is untrustworthy merely because they are not treating right wing absurdity the same as what comes out of the left. There is no equivalent between the two, so there should be no expectation of equal treatment.