Systemic racism exists

Author: drlebronski

Total: 79
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@fauxlaw
It's a difficulty, valuing self determination, independence, but acknowledging environmental, biological factors.
My answer is an unstated compatibilism of sorts.

I don't think change 'has to come from government.
Civil rights certainly didn't.
(As far as I know)

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drlebronski
Your totally wrong my guy. https://www.newsweek.com/absent-black-fathers-myth-racism-1509085 the study that showed this used unmarried as the definition of single. Its not a conspiracy do some research for about 2 seconds https://tcf.org/content/about-tcf/tcf-study-finds-u-s-schools-underfunded-nearly-150-billion-annually/?agreed=1

pal, the article tries to frame fatherless into saying "well techincally they have a father and sometimes live with them", that isnt the same as healthy families
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@drlebronski
How is it systematic racism that blacks deal drugs on street corners and are easier to prosecute than whites doing itnin their mother's basement behind closed doors?
Are you joking? i cant tell. thats not an argument at all wtf.
Not necessarily. If there is a disparity in the methods through which they distribute drugs (on streets vs inside of houses) and differences in the areas that they use drugs (again, private vs public areas), you could expect them to get caught in the act at different rates.

I don't know if they have published statistics on race differences in settings of arrest, but it could be a valid point if that were true.

It could also even be that cops are in high-crime areas more and find them more, as high-crime areas are....well, ya know...

drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@Dr.Franklin
r u a peanut brain. like i said before the study that showed they are more likely to live in single mother households used unmarried as the definition of single. heres another article if that one doesnt suit your needs.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drlebronski
nah nah nah are u a peanut brain?

theres no myths
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I was expecting an actual response but ok lol. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drlebronski
what was to respond about? there is no fatherless "myth", its an issue
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Did you read the first sentence and then decided not to read the article because it disproves you? 
and for the third time the study that showed they are more likely to live in single mother households used unmarried as the definition of single

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drlebronski
no because it lies and skews the data
drlebronski
drlebronski
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think your trying to cope with the fact that you dont have an argument but ok i wont comment anymore.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw

Discriminate:   Recognize a distinction, differentiate.....Oxford dictionaries.

Data in, data assessment, difference perceived, output variable. It happens in less than the blink of an eye, and you will discriminate, it's human nature and absolutely unavoidable.

How one consciously manages ones data processing and output is is what you are referring to....How we might or might not choose to  behave prejudicially  towards others who we have perceived to be different.

And even though we may carefully manage our responses,  formative data conditioning will inevitably dictate some level of prejudicial thought.

Perceived difference does not necessarily mean visual appearance, we will discriminate in response to all aspects of data input....If a Debateart member states an opinion that is contrary to ones acquired values, one will discriminate and respond accordingly.....Recognize a difference in an individuals  values.

And social law is a secondary collective construct....Currently there is no such thing as thought crime....Though we are undoubtedly edging in that direction. 

And if you want to discriminate on the basis of  how one chooses to define "naturally systemic".......Then how about natural systems.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Currently there is no such thing as thought crime...
Ha! tell that to people being banned from social media.... like me from YouTube.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
How is it systematic racism that blacks deal drugs on street corners and are easier to prosecute than whites doing itnin their mother's basement behind closed doors?
Are you joking? i cant tell. thats not an argument at all wtf
It actually is. Systematic racism would be cops targeting blacks at disproportionate rates for prosecution based on the color of their skin. The reality is that as a demographic, they are more likely to openly deal drugs, and common sense says that if you openly deal drugs as opposed to doing it behind closed doors, you are easier to catch.

WHY do black people commit more crime????? is it cause they are black?
They don't commit more crime because the system is racist. It happens for a few reasons. One is the hillbilly culture they inherited from southern whites, another reason may be because poverty causes people to think more short term, due to short term thinking making it easier to survive. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
I think that you would only get banned for expressing your thoughts.

Not thought crime per se.....But edging in that direction.

Freedom of speech/expression has long since been out the window.....Depending upon one's skin tone of course.

Light skinned racist bad...Boooooooo.

Dark skinned racist good...Hoorah.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
I think that you would only get banned for expressing your thoughts.
Which is exactly why I was banned on YouTube - in poetry about Christ. Such a controversial subject YouTube must protect little minds from reeading
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@drlebronski
All kids living in the United States have the right to a free public education. And the Constitution requires that all kids be given equal educational opportunity no matter what their race, ethnic background, religion, or sex, or whether they are rich or poor, citizen or non-citizen.
Black areas have significantly less school funding; school funding greatly determines your success and education.
ADJUSTING FOR POVERTY IN GENERAL WOULD "FIX" THE "PROBLEM".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@drlebronski
Photos of capital inmates shown to entry-level criminal justice students for them to evaluate the trustworthiness of the faces.
There is a widely cited study conducted in italy where identical resumes were sent to apply for jobs.

The only difference was that the attached photo was of a "more attractive" man or woman and the twin resume had an attached photo of an "average" or "unattractive" man or woman (all of roughly the same skin-tone).

The results showed that BOTH "attractive" men and "attractive" women have a significantly easier time getting call-backs.

Similar studies have been conducted for people standing trial.

Conviction rates are measurably higher for "less attractive" individuals.
Are you suggesting that black people are less "attractive"
I'M SUGGESTING THAT YOU CAN'T LEGISLATE WHAT SOMEONE FINDS ATTRACTIVE.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU "EDUCATE" SOMEONE YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCE.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
What we're dealing with is SAMPLE-BIAS, more specifically SURVIVOR-BIAS.
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Aryanman
92% of black people get welfare, plus the black thug stereotype is true and there is no justification for their crimes
Citation please.