Intelligence_06
Debates: 94
Intelligence_06
--> @ethang5
Source?
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
"Do grades determine your intelligence?" No but hell no it doesn't. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
--> @Intelligence_06
Google his biography.
FLRW
FLRW
There is no record of Einstein flunking or ever getting low marks in math. Albert Einstein was an all-around good student with exceptional grades in math and science, according to the biography written by Albrecht Folsing. The statement that Einstein was a poor student is pure myth.
FLRW
FLRW
Einstein definitely did not fail at high school. Einstein was born on 14 March in Ulm, in Germany, in 1879. The next year, his family moved to Munich. At the age of 7, he started school in Munich. At the age of 9, he entered the Luitpold-Gymnasium. By the age of 12 he was studying calculus. Now this was very advanced, because the students would normally study calculus when they were 15 years old. He was very good at the sciences. But, because the 19th-century German education system was very harsh and regimented, he didn’t really develop his non-mathematical skills (such as history, languages, music and geography). In fact, it was his mother, not his school, who encouraged him to study the violin – and he did quite well at that as well.
In 1895, he sat the entrance examinations to get into the prestigious Federal Polytechnic School (or Academy) in Zurich, Switzerland. He was 16, two years younger than his fellow applicants. He did outstandingly well in physics and mathematics, but failed the non-science subjects, doing especially badly in French – so he was not accepted. So in that same year, he continued his studies at the Canton school in Aargau (also called Aarau). He studied well, and this time, he passed the entry exams into the Federal Polytechnic School.
So the next year, he finally started studying at the Federal Polytechnic in Zurich (even though he was now one year younger than most of his fellow students). Also in the year 1896, even though he was only 16 years old, he wrote a brilliant essay that led directly to his later work in relativity.
So he definitely did not fail his high school, and definitely was not a poor student.

30 days later

Mharman
Debates: 12
Mharman
--> @drlebronski
To some degree but I think it does more to reveal a person’s level of work ethic. Higher grades generally cast the impression of a hard worker. This isn’t always the case and because of how boring classrooms can be, and the fact that a lot of jobs will pose a unique challenge to the worker every day that keeps the job interesting.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
--> @ethang5
Back in his days, 1 points was the best grade for a student so yes, Einstein was decent.

However, Thomas Edison was pretty bad at studies even though he improved the design of the light bulb.

178 days later

iloveshin
iloveshin
if you take intelligence as a term by itself it is very vast because there are many types of inteligence, emotional logical musical...
so no if you concider that grades determine your intelligence overall that would  be simply incorrect.
however if we are talking about logical, mathematical intelligence it is correct because for example :
someone who has a good logic will do great in a math exam and would get a good grade 
on the other side someone who doesn't have good logic or a good understanding of mathemathical facts would get a bad grade 
it does not mean you are dumb it just means that you are lacking of logic
zedvictor4
Debates: 19
zedvictor4
--> @iloveshin
A Zedku for iloveshin

Intelligence is,

And all data functions thereof are.

Levels of,

Human intelligence commensurate with,

An individuals ability to acquire,

Store, modify and output data.

So what is it about shin that you find so alluring?
iloveshin
iloveshin
--> @zedvictor4
i'm sorry but alluring about what i didn't really understand the question that you asked me ?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
I'm sorry but alluring about what i didn't really understand the question that you asked me ?
Requires punctuation.

Are you sorry but alluring?

Or do you mean:

I'm sorry, but alluring about what?  I didn't really understand the question that you asked me.

If so, then I was asking why do you love shin.

zing_book
Debates: 2
zing_book
Kind of, they don't determine ur intelligence as many children go through a lot of pressure and anxiety therefore not resulting in the true form on the other hand hey do as they reflect how much ur getting on with and if u need any help to reach a standard level.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I believe grades reflect and determine how smart you are according to the school system. The school system is not necessarily accurate. When it is so inaccurate, we reform and improve it. For example, the southerners stopped learning that the black people were being treated fine because this is a lie and does not help with anything.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
--> @Intelligence_06
Do the still teach them that  a GOD created everything a few months ago?

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
--> @zedvictor4
They teach that religion is(was) important to society and made us learn some facts about each of them.
Yuga
Yuga
Yes it does because how else would someone test their intelligence? Sometimes it has flaws, like not finishing in time.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
--> @Yuga
Sometimes it has flaws, like not finishing in time.
...while giving evidence contrary to your claim.

7 days later

Vici
Vici
Grades only prove that you are good in a certain system, not actual intelligence.