Total: 67
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
10,000 characters is 3 pages.  We have learned the hard way that 3 pages is generally too much to expect Republicans to handle but Democrats happily consume 3 pages worth of information many times each day.  This is also why we use big words around Republicans.
Big words are all fun and games until you don’t have enough food

People with the intellect to handle 3 pages worth of information know I've already answered this question in this forum.
People that have no life or are self-centered narcissists use 3 pages to answer a question that has a 2 or 3 word answer lol
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
@oromagi
10,000 characters is 3 pages.  We have learned the hard way that 3 pages is generally too much to expect Republicans to handle but Democrats happily consume 3 pages worth of information many times each day.  This is also why we use big words around Republicans.
Big words are all fun and games until you don’t have enough food

People with the intellect to handle 3 pages worth of information know I've already answered this question in this forum.
People that have no life or are self-centered narcissists use 3 pages to answer a question that has a 2 or 3 word answer lol
Where reason fails, TL;DR is one popular Republican retreat.

Case in point, Ashli Babbitt's focus on the reports of Trump's Attorney Lin Wood.  She spent Jan 4th retweeting a bunch Lin Wood's accusations that John Roberts, Pelosi, and Rod Rosenstein were guilty of child rape and murder.  Just before assaulting the Capitol, Babbitt retweeted Wood's checklist citing that Roberts, Pence, and Rosenstein must resign and be arrested before certification.  Clearly, this is Babbitt's checklist as well, the cause that she died pursuing.

What would Babbitt make, then, of Wood's testimony this week, wherein he denies that he had an role in Michigan election claims?  Wood now denies that he had read any documents relevant to the case, including any of the 1,100 subpoenas claiming election fraud.  Ashli Babbitt was literally taking her marching orders from this guy on the Jan 6th, confident in his assertions that the election was stolen.  Now Trump's lawyer says TL;DR,  he never really looked into it and pretends to be surprised his name was even on the lawsuit.  All of Trump's lawyers are doing the same.  Sidney Powell argued in March that no rational person would believe Trump's election claims- that the whole thing was theater.  If the Republican Party really wants to lynch somebody for perpetuating fraud and lies over the 2020 Election, Trump's 9 lawyers are the correct place to start.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
bastard cops killed her
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
bastard cops killed her
Say her name!

Ashli Babbitt 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
yes!
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
Do you think babbit was a legitimate threat to those politicians? Honestly nobody was. 
At least 81 Capitol police officers were assaulted and 65 injured, windows smashed and the crowd roamed through the halls chanting “hang Mike pence!”. Please explain how nobody was a threat.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Wow you guys are brainwashed. You think politicians were literal threats to the elderly people who I saw videos of literally obeying the capital partitions and forming lines while taking the same tourist like photos of capital displays. 

I wish I can share photos here so you can see the senior citizen qtards obeying partitions which bbn politicians who send people off to war,cowered. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
Wow you guys are brainwashed. You think politicians were literal threats to the elderly people who I saw videos of literally obeying the capital partitions and forming lines while taking the same tourist like photos of capital displays.   I wish I can share photos here so you can see the senior citizen qtards obeying partitions which bbn politicians who send people off to war,cowered. 
You don't have to share photos.  I provided a 40 minute document of the event using the rioters own videos of the event as evidence.  Every claim you make here was refuted by that evidence in the OP.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
I claimed there were old people obeying partitions within the group. Please point me to where that was refuted
Wylted
Wylted
Also show me the evidence the photos of politicians cowering is fake. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
Let's say that some rioters were a threat and others were not. In that case we would need to look at it on a case-by-case basis. The case in question by the OP is this here:

obeying the capital partitions and forming lines while taking the same tourist like photos of capital displays. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
A mob of virgins and neckbeards. That's gotta be history's most pathetic attempt at insurrection.

If dude didn't shoot a bitch, this was just sad.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@badger
ikr? like I said in post 29, all acted like they had really big balls putting dozens of cops into the hospital and shit but just one shot and they all pussied out. Pathetic.
badger
badger
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Them trying to break down that door is like The Shining only if Johnny had Down syndrome. Tbh. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@badger
Should have just had Zach Alam keep punching it. Did more damage with his fist than RandoTrumpSIMP6421 did with the flag pole.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
I claimed there were old people obeying partitions within the group.  Please point me to where that was refuted
I think I know what you are talking about- those videos taken by CNN of the first protesters entering the rotunda in the first minutes of the breach before those CNN cameramen had to flee for safety.

Like this:

but a minute later it looked like this:

then this:

Three hours later it took a phalanx of police reinforcements to clear out all those insurrectionists you claim were abiding the law in one picture for one minute after overrunning police lines, disobeying police orders, smashing in windows, and trespassing their way to the rotunda but before they looked like this:

If we define elderly as 70+ I see no evidence of anybody close to that age here in the first waves.

Damage done in the rotunda included  graffiti, broken doors and shattered glass,  the  toxic residue from tear gas, pepper spray and fire extinguishers left on statues, murals, historic benches and shutters.  A memorial placard of the late civil rights activist John Lewis was destroyed by the rioters.  Two bronze light fixtures designed by 19th-century American architect Frederick Law Olmsted were broken and a blood-like substance defaced a 19th-century marble bust of President Zachary Taylor.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Also show me the evidence the photos of politicians cowering is fake. 
oromagi
oromagi
Ashli Babbitt is Republican Orwellian doublethink in a nutshell.  Republicans can see the context- its all captured on video- Republican Congressman fleeing down the staircase, Republican insurrections howling for their blood, smashing glass, giving chase.  Hell, even the cops are probably Republicans- most cops are.  Its reasonable to presume that everybody in the video is a Republican who voted for Trump in November, some of whom have been instructed by their government (Trump is the head of State) to halt the election's confirmation, while others have been instructed by their government to follow the  Constitution and others still have been instructed by their government to protect the Congress.  The whole pantomime is insane, illustrative of what happens to mobs that follow people instead of principles.  There is no principle at stake here just people following orders from the same schizophrenic source.  Today, calling Babbitt a martyr serves Trump's purpose.  Perhaps tomorrow, when Trump discovers that Babbitt had a girlfriend (I don't he has figured that out yet), Gosar will be made the hero and Babbitt the enemy.  The truth is entirely subject to the will of Trump and Republicans must tune in to Tucker Carlson to find out what they must believe tomorrow.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Well said.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Once again, what was the name of the officer who shot Ashli Babitt and why are the Feds covering up his name.

If this were a black man shot during the Summer of Love then there would be Civil War if the identify of the officer wasn’t revealed.
Protests over black men being shot by police is centered around the fact that the police came towards them and they were not a threat.

Ashli Babbit was part of a mob storming onto a chamber where other members of congress were actively fleeing. She was both coming towards them and a threat.

Please explain why you can’t tell the difference between these two things.

14 days later

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
LT Michael Leroy Byrd.

57 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
It was a gun that decided on it's own to kill AB.

More evidence of how ignorant Trumpets rumpeteers are.  It is a human{s} who decide;

1} which weapon to use to kill,

2} the gun is choosen by human,

3} bullet fired by gun kills or wounds human,

4} trigger mechanisms of gun along with gun powder are the cause of bullet/projectile to be ignited,

5} human finger and ability to aim with eye is mechanism for apply gun in death or injury,

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
If not for Babbitt’s tragic death, our media would not be able to describe that occurrence as “the DEADLY January 6th capitol riot.” Well, they would still be able to, but not without issuing a retraction later near the back page…

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
More cops were injured in the Lafayette square riots.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@cristo71
If not for Babbitt’s tragic death, our media would not be able to describe that occurrence as “the DEADLY January 6th capitol riot.” Well, they would still be able to, but not without issuing a retraction later near the back page…
  • DEADLY means "Aiming or willing to destroy; implacable; desperately hostile."
    • deadly enemies
  • Even before people died, a well-armed mob chanting "hang MIke Pence" was DEADLY, by definition.
  • So far, the DoJ has charged 51 seditionists with 103 counts of use of a deadly weapon or possession of a DEADLY weapon while committing a felony.
  • 2 Seditionists died from heart attacks
  • Rosanne Boyland died from a drug overdose during the battle to breach the Inauguration Door.  Even just watching from 32:00-35:00 demonstrates just how DEADLY that attack was: 

oromagi
oromagi
-->@cristo71
More cops were injured in the Lafayette square riots.
READERS are urged to recall that Greyparrot has demanded a safe space in which to post his Orwellian lies and Russian propaganda free from any correction or contradiction by me. 

At the request of Mods, I am not a liberty to correct obvious falsehoods even when they directly address my topics until Greyparrot grows a dick big enough to debate a topic without resort to deceptive tactics and abuse of our community's Code of Conduct.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Ashli Babbitt. Gone and largely forgotten...RIP.

Should have stayed at home.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@oromagi
No, I’m afraid you’re equivocating there. “Deadly” as applied to an event (as in this case) means someone died during the event (or later died from injuries sustained at the event, if one wants to be super duper technical about it, as so many debaters seem to be). For example, a shooting CANNOT be described as “deadly” unless someone died in the shooting.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@cristo71
-->@oromagi
No, I’m afraid you’re equivocating there.
Equivocating means using ambiguous terminology.  I have done the opposite of equivocating by providing you with a dictionary definition of the word (Wiktionary, to be specific).

“Deadly” as applied to an event (as in this case) means someone died during the event (or later died from injuries sustained at the event, if one wants to be super duper technical about it, as so many debaters seem to be).
Please provide at least one lexiconic or stylebook source to support your claim, as I have done.
  • Mirriam-Webster advises:
    • DEADLY, MORTAL, and FATAL mean causing or capable of causing death. DEADLY is used of something that is certain or very likely to cause death.  The mushroom contains a deadly poison.  MORTAL is used of something that already has caused death or is about to cause death.  He received a mortal wound in battle.  FATAL is used when death is certain to follow.  The wounds proved to be fatal
  •  Since 4 people died at the event and one person stroked out after being injured on the day and at least 3 suicides are attributed to the events of Jan 6, you seem to have invalidated your original statement anyway.