People on tiktok keep having seizures after vaccination

Author: Wylted

Total: 22
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
why do I keep seeing tik tok videos of people having uncontrollable shaking after taking the covid19 vaccines? 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
I keep seeing stuff like the above. Everywhere I turn.  Somebody on Twitter saying their son died of the vaccine or tik tok videos of terrible side effects or strange ones like magnets sticking to the arm.

How can you be sure there is no media cover up, when I am being bombarded with these things? Everywhere I turn I see something new like this. 
Wylted
Wylted
I keep getting pointed at news articles about beautiful young people dying from vaccinatio. Every day also. Stories like this https://www.witsnews.com/mom-45-who-got-job-at-john-hopkins-hospital-dies-after-reaction-to-work-mandated-covid-vaccine/
Wylted
Wylted
no mainstream media mentions it though
Wylted
Wylted
Another death. I could probably post 1000 of these 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
How are you so sure that these people aren't acting like they are sick? I have pretended I was sick in occasions since the first grade(and gotten away with it). Yep, trust the people on an unreliable media instead of the official agency.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
why do I keep seeing tik tok videos of people having uncontrollable shaking after taking the covid19 vaccines? 
Tik Tok is Chinese spyware.  You want to stay off of that shit.

WASHINGTON, May 12 (Reuters) - The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee unanimously passed a bill that would ban U.S. federal workers from downloading the popular app TikTok onto U.S. government devices, Senator Josh Hawley, a bill sponsor, said in a press statement on Wednesday.
The U.S. Senate unanimously approved a similar measure in August 2020. Representative Ken Buck has introduced a similar bill in the House.
The app, which is popular with teens eager to show off dance moves, has come under fire in the United States because of concerns over its Chinese owner, ByteDance. TikTok has sought to distance itself from Beijing with mixed success.

Hawley called the company "an immediate security threat."

"This should not be a partisan issue and I'm glad to see my colleagues in the Senate act together to address Beijing's covert data collection campaign," Hawley said in a statement after the vote.

You can't moan about oh, the NSA is theoretically spying on me even though I have evidence while also ignoring the massive amount of data this app collects on you and sends to the Chinese government - which is well documented and not hypothetical at all.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
So, among other problems with this is that every case here is correlative at best. I say “at best” because it’s not particularly verifiable that these people received their vaccinations at all, let alone shortly before they died, nor whether they were suffering from any other ailments. Neither of the websites you’re using are known for curating their stories (i.e. verifying their accuracy), and I can’t find much indication that they are posted elsewhere.

All that being said, even if these are verifiable instances of death resulting from vaccination with no complicating factors, they represent a very small proportion of those receiving the vaccine. The highest possible estimates for deaths resulting from vaccines that I have seen (taken from VAERS and incorporating all instances where someone reported a death after vaccination) is somewhere around a thousand. Let’s assume that number is actually representative of vaccine-caused deaths. Hell, let’s do one better and assume that that represents only a fifth of all actual deaths from vaccination. 161 million people have been fully vaccinated in the US. Excluding everyone who is partially vaccinated, that extremely generous 5000 person death toll represents 0.00003% of those vaccinated. Contrast this with COVID-19, where the number of new cases trends around 25,000 per day and the number of deaths around 265 per day. Whether we’re talking about total numbers of deaths per the infection rate or even just total deaths from COVID-19 entirely absent the infection rate, the numbers are substantially higher from infections. Mortality rates from viral infection, by any metric, far exceed any suspected risk from the vaccine.

At worst, what you’re presenting here is a set of concerns about the vaccines that warrant caution to ensure that doctors can screen patients for conditions they may contribute to adverse events like these. The vaccine still saves far more lives than even the worst metrics indicate it destroys, and those metrics assume both that correlation always equals causation and that there are many unreported vaccine-related deaths. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
It's a phenomena know as auto-suggestion.

See seizure, will have seizure.

Sort of Voodoo.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
i am aware of that about tiktok. I thought they avoided the ban though, because they were sold to an American company. 

I don't really use it, but on some websites I go to I see the seizure videos posted from tiktok. I tried to discourage the wife from using it, when I found out the Chinese were using it for espionage.  She is addicted though. 

In Terms of banning it, and this Is off topic . We can't really say we respect freedom of the press in this country or freedom of expression, if we try to ban propaganda from foreign intelligence agencies or ban apps that collect data that can harm us. More exposed risk, is the cost of living in a free society.

It's why we say it is better for a guilty man to go free than an innocent one be arrested. It exposes us to more criminality on the street, but we respect freedom and gladly take the risk.

My issue is that I just can't see how anti vaccine propaganda would benefit a foreign government.  I know pro vaccine propaganda would benefit several billionaires and investors, but other than people shorting Astra zeneca stocks or something, who would have reason to push anti vaccine propaganda? Why would they do it?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
Should a healthy person expose themselves to a 1 in 5000 risk of dying of a covid vaccine?

I haven't looked at the actual risk of vaccine injection, but let's say 1 in 5000 die. Well with covid19, especially for shut ins like me, I have virtually no risk of getting it. I haven been sick in about 5 years, even though I am in no way a germaphobe. I will eat stuff off the ground, I don't care. So somebody like me has virtually no chance of getting covid 19, we'll put the odds at 5% of getting it because of increased communicablity.  

In my age group and level of fitness, I have almost a zero percent chance of dying if I do get the China flu. I already got the Johnson and Johnson one, because I felt like it had the least risk and my work paid me to get it, about $500. However, assuming I did not get the vaccine, why would I get it now and take my risk of dying from virtually zero, to 1 in 5000?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
I'm not sure where you're getting a 1 in 5000 risk of dying from one of these vaccines. The circumstances I laid out assume much higher odds of dying from vaccination than the data we have would ever suggest and that number is more like 1 in 32000 (and recall that that includes the 5X multiplier assumption, without which that number would shoot up to 1 in 160000). I can't speak to your specific circumstances when it comes to both behavior and likelihood of getting ill (neither of which suggest to me that you will never come in contact with someone who has the disease, or that if you do you won't contract it  - you seem like you're relying on a perception of virtual immunity that may not be fully warranted), but depending on where you live, odds can still be quite substantial that you would contract the disease if you weren't vaccinated. Odds are favorable for you to survive it. I'd say the odds are even more favorable for you to survive vaccination based on the same circumstances of age group, fitness and lack of risk factors. When it comes to determining which of these scenarios is virtually zero risk, vaccination seems like the obvious answer to me.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
what is the 5x multiplier and why would you use it as opposed to the actual available stats?
Wylted
Wylted
is the assumption that a lot goes under reported?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
...Did you read my initial response?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
The assumption (which I think is unreasonable, but I gave it anyway to lend as much credence as possible to your perception) is that cases of death by vaccination are dramatically underreported.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
Did you read my initial response?
I'm just going to reread everything you wrote in all the covid threads, because you are a wealth of knowledge. 

I feel parasitic learning in this fashion, but I have a stronger thirst for knowledge than I do for a thirst not to look stupid or like an asshole.  I appreciate you dealing with me and spreading your expertise in this realm. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Wylted
I keep getting pointed at news articles about beautiful young people dying from vaccinatio. Every day also. Stories like this https://www.witsnews.com/mom-45-who-got-job-at-john-hopkins-hospital-dies-after-reaction-to-work-mandated-covid-vaccine/
The parents are just covering up a heroin overdose death. They never released the cause of death.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@FLRW
that actually does happen a lot. I have seen plenty of examples of drug overdoses blamed on murder by family, because they convinced themselves that their relative would never do drugs, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Wylted
65 million people die each year in the world.  That is 178,000 each day, 7425 each hour, and 120 each minute.  

The United States population is 1/24th of the world population (320 million of 7.6 billion).  In the United States, 2.6 million die each year.  That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Nice stats.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Damn Unk-unk! I told you not to listen to that guy.