Racism is a nonsense, malicious term

Author: Mesmer

Total: 182
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@Mesmer
Well, I'm not saying that everyone's attraction should be solely judged in terms of personality. That's not how the world works. People discriminate their preferences along racial lines. IMHO, THIS IS NOT A SOCIAL PROBLEM. Perhaps, I might agree that they are superficial, but that's about the extent of my amateur criticism.

I think there are more important priorities. For example, grief and sadness among divorced couples are often expressed in anger, which escalates violence. Now that is a SOCIAL PROBLEM. 
... would be like you marrying a horrendously overweight woman who is 3'10 and 300 lbs. Yes, she's a great cook, an esteemed mechanical engineer and has a love for knowledge, but would you really ignore her physically revolting body for the rest of your life, just because there's "not a reason to follow [the shallowness]?"
Lol. That doesn't sound too bad. Sounds really worth it for the fact that she's smart lulz. I suppose bad hygiene is a red flag. 

But if you can hold out against a woman who doesn't have a love for knowledge, but has a smoking hot body with a pleasant personality who is heavily into you, I'd be amazed.
Why not? Can't men refrain from physical attraction once in a while? Unless they're athletes who happened to have athletic wives, I think ideas of love deserve better than just "slamming-genitals". I'm pretty sure the Greeks had their own idea of sex. All things considered, their idea of love also differed from mine. 

I understand the need for couples to have problems meshing together with them, all for the sake of prolonging romantic sparks in their married life. I understand the need to prepare for the inevitable "itch" in which the novelty of love dries off. But what I don't understand is why women insist on deriding poorer men as bums and why men insist on deriding fat, unattractive women as bums. Just look at anti-feminists, they're always whining about how fat feminists tend to be. Most of the critics also happen to be men. 
Mesmer
Debates: 0
Mesmer
-->
@MarkWebberFan
Well, I'm not saying that everyone's attraction should be solely judged in terms of personality. That's not how the world works. People discriminate their preferences along racial lines. IMHO, THIS IS NOT A SOCIAL PROBLEM. Perhaps, I might agree that they are superficial, but that's about the extent of my amateur criticism.

I think there are more important priorities. For example, grief and sadness among divorced couples are often expressed in anger, which escalates violence. Now that is a SOCIAL PROBLEM. 
Agreed.

... would be like you marrying a horrendously overweight woman who is 3'10 and 300 lbs. Yes, she's a great cook, an esteemed mechanical engineer and has a love for knowledge, but would you really ignore her physically revolting body for the rest of your life, just because there's "not a reason to follow [the shallowness]?"
Lol. That doesn't sound too bad. Sounds really worth it for the fact that she's smart lulz. I suppose bad hygiene is a red flag. 
Your hygiene might matter, too, when you vomit all over yourself at the mere sight of her.

But if you can hold out against a woman who doesn't have a love for knowledge, but has a smoking hot body with a pleasant personality who is heavily into you, I'd be amazed.
Why not? Can't men refrain from physical attraction once in a while? Unless they're athletes who happened to have athletic wives, I think ideas of love deserve better than just "slamming-genitals". I'm pretty sure the Greeks had their own idea of sex. All things considered, their idea of love also differed from mine. 

I understand the need for couples to have problems meshing together with them, all for the sake of prolonging romantic sparks in their married life. I understand the need to prepare for the inevitable "itch" in which the novelty of love dries off. But what I don't understand is why women insist on deriding poorer men as bums and why men insist on deriding fat, unattractive women as bums. Just look at anti-feminists, they're always whining about how fat feminists tend to be. Most of the critics also happen to be men. 
It's pretty clear that physical attraction is the most important factor, when it comes to romantic relationships: The Ugly Truth of People Decisions in Speed Dating | Kaggle . Whilst women seem to overestimate how important their physical attractiveness is for men, men value women's physical attractiveness is far above any other attribute (including intelligence). So yes, there is more to love than slamming-genitals, but the physical attractiveness dictates a lot of romantic interactions.

Women deriding poor men might be more cultural than biological -- I don't really know. There was apparently a study that showed women orgasm more and harder at the thought of having sex with rich men, but I've never seen that study. I'm not sure what the culture is like in your country, but I know some parts of the world (particularly East Asia) completely expect the man to provide monetary value (although Feminist ideology seems to be rapidly changing some of these countries). I don't see a problem with this if both the man and women want traditional gender roles, wherein she contributes in ways that aren't monetary. Also,  America is pretty liberal and open to Feminist ideas, yet women are looking to marry men who make 58% more than the average man does Do unmarried women face shortages of partners in the US marriage market? (phys.org) . An "equal" relationship isn't really what American women are looking for, in terms of income, despite America rather focused on equality.

As for fat, unattractive women being derided as bums, it's no surprise given the speed dating data I cited above. Men care about looks a lot (a bit more than women) and more than any other facet. It's rather unlucky to be born an unattractive woman, although there is a silver lining. Tinder data shows that men and women of comparable attractiveness rank order don't like each other at nearly the same rate (50th percentile women match with 78th percentile men) okay cupid data advanatge - Bing images . So, even physically unattractive women will have chances with men purely because they're more in demand.