Ancient Roman Battles Mafia DP2

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 229
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Interestingly, all 4 revealed battles and mine are from the same generation, all within about a 20 year period.  Considering that Roman history spanned 1000 yrs this seems potentially significant.  But I wouldn't call it a theme split because Badger is in that list and (I think) TUF is not.  If I'm wrong about TUF it could be that all these battles belong to one generation of Romans although there's only a couple of really famous one's left- Pharsalus, Philippi.  If Wylted's Mt Vesuvius is legit, tho, then there's plenty of less famous battle to choose from.

3 Roman civil wars and one Roman disaster.  If the scum's theme is Roman disasters then Cannae and Teutoburg Forest are even more famous distasters than Carrhae.  Catalaunian Plains was a less famous disaster, although Rome lost two Emperors in battle there.

It seems unlikely to have Ancient Roman battles without including Punic War (several gens before the battles listed here)-

Cannae is one of the top 5 most famous battles of all time
Teutoburg forest and Zama are also quite legendary
Pharsalus was more decisive than any of these.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Polyglot
I feel as though badger initially added chris to his list of suspects just to make Chris  appear less scummy in the event that he was lynched. Badger pushed for Chris to give info in the beginning of the first day phase but it wasn’t such strong pressure like his other suspects. In fact, badger kept pushing for me to get lynched in most of his posts. Nearing the end of DP1 I feel as though Badger put his last vote on Chris as a means to make him seem innocent. So I’m curious to hear what Chris has to say about all of this. 

VTL Chris
I feel like Badger tunneled Chris even harder than you.

Are you ready to claim your battle?  Do you have a good reason why not?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@oromagi
wylted's hammer doesn't exonerate him much but he sure goes back and forth with badger a lot
I've played scum with wylted. He is all about high risk.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader
->@oromagi
  • His stating that he did not use his power NP1 could be legit but if scum who refrained from kill, he might feel to explain why he didn't move this turn but will move in future

My role has a limit to the amount of times I can use it. It also is a role that I need information to go by (roles, char, etc.). I don't want force people to claim unless there is pressure to do so, so I waited on my role until there is more role claims given
but then you're not trying to find out info either.  You're not doing any analysis or hunting.  You are also sus of DrLeb....why?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@MisterChris
@oromagi
wylted's hammer doesn't exonerate him much but he sure goes back and forth with badger a lot
I've played scum with wylted. He is all about high risk.
agreed. but the way he flubbed his claim,  clueless on ywwtt, and pounce on Badger when badger jumped on my wylted train strike me as genuine paly.  If there's any evidence of a TP- wylted is top of my list.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Polyglot
I feel as though badger initially added chris to his list of suspects just to make Chris  appear less scummy in the event that he was lynched. Badger pushed for Chris to give info in the beginning of the first day phase but it wasn’t such strong pressure like his other suspects. In fact, badger kept pushing for me to get lynched in most of his posts. Nearing the end of DP1 I feel as though Badger put his last vote on Chris as a means to make him seem innocent. So I’m curious to hear what Chris has to say about all of this. 
The problem with your theory is that I was on Badger from the beginning, before it was ever clear Badger would be in danger of being lynched. I assure you, as scum, I'm not so stupid as to bus my partner within the first few pages of DP1. 

Moreover, Badger's tunneling on me was so severe and consistent it's clear he was just fishing for a mislynch/distraction from himself, which backfired tremendously.

If anyone has some explaining to do, it's you, though. You've been AWOL. How come?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Polyglot
going quiet in the face of accusations of lurking is not the way to build confidence.

I'd like to hear your battle claim

VTL Polyglot
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
That wasn't a defense of badger after the FoS of badger, it was of lebronski and it wasn't a defense, it was saying that what Wylted said is true but it isn't a scum slip
Your last post was asking that we wait to lynch badger for his claim. Why did you want to wait for his claim when he originally said he was going to claim soon and then later retracted that?

What level of claim would it have had to have been to sell you that he was  town?

TBH that whole post read like you were looking or waiting for him to give any excuse so you could just ignore all his behavior and not lynch him. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Oro's post 15 is a good reference point, I actually re-read the day phase last night looking for things to pick up on as well, I probably owe it a third read through. But my thinking is the first half of that day phase is the most important to look at. That's the part where people are still debating whether I am just being a tunnel monster, badger's lynch is definitely not a for sure thing and my arguments can be easily dismissed. While truth is my starting pressure was more reactionary (I still think there is something to the mod psyche argument), it was very interesting to see how fast supa was to dismiss everything. 

Wylted defending badger is interesting too, but his saving grace was being quick voted along with oro earlier on. Oro kind of stands out to be more not really taking a stance on anything until badger had a lot of votes and the day phase was ending. When he finally did call him out it was well after the only viable lynch option still seemed to be badger, and he called him out for a the vote switching thing which we was more than likely online for at the time considering it happened right after he had voted for chris. He didn't feel a need to mention any suspicion towards it then. 

Whiteflames conclusion to everything felt more natural and townie. Poly was your regular inactive noob. similar story with drlebronski and earth.

Misterchris, greyparrot, and wylted are in my town pile. I'll have to give some thought into a potential bussing situation with wylted because there are a few things that strike me as wierd but I don't want to over complicate something that could be pretty simple here.

My two biggest FOS'es are supa and oromagi. 

VTL supa
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
Am I right in thinking you softclaimed DP1?  If yes, it stands out from known claims and could be helpful
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I soft claimed yeah.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@oromagi
Actually I was referring to Wylted's vote.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@oromagi
My meta has been to not force claims when they aren't needed. Especially in a Pie game where he does not have vanilla roles. There's no need to force claims at all
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am the battle of Watling street
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I was catching up the DP after there were multiple post over time. That's a reason I voted him as well because of it. I wanted a claim from him and I voted him because of it. I've said that rushing a lynch isn't good and we should take our time and make an analysis. Since he never claimed, he got lynched. Simple. I was progressively scum reading him unlike you, which gut read him
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth
@oromagi
Actually I was referring to Wylted's vote.
  • stupid.  How does Wylted not understand GP's role yet?  His whole gameplay seems to doing as little thinking about clues as possible, which points more towards town than scum, frankly.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader
@oromagi
My meta has been to not force claims when they aren't needed. Especially in a Pie game where he does not have vanilla roles. There's no need to force claims at all
Well, you know me.  If TOWN is up by DP2, I kind of think TOWN should just come clean and start weeding out stuff that doesn't make sense.  I know everybody else hates that plan so I guess that's why I am so bad at this game.  All my instincts are wrong.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
I was catching up the DP after there were multiple post over time. That's a reason I voted him as well because of it. I wanted a claim from him and I voted him because of it. I've said that rushing a lynch isn't good and we should take our time and make an analysis. Since he never claimed, he got lynched. Simple. I was progressively scum reading him unlike you, which gut read him
Do you really think my entire read on him was gut read? Also why so defensive? 

I am just asking what type of claim would have prevented you from lynching him. You ignored my question. :)
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
That’s your meta and I respect that. I simply disagree with it. That’s how life is. In fact i town read you for it since it’s what your town meta is from my experience playing with you. We can agree to disagree on what meta is best.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
I am the battle of Watling street

SInce you are strong town to me I think that throws any generational speculation out- Boudica comes a couple of gens after the cluster we are seeing.

That strengthens Wylted since smaller battles that loom larger is the English language imagination seem to be included.

This a clear Roman victory as is mine.  I don't think win/lose civil war/non civil war are on the table

This also make Cannae Tuetoberg & Zama much likelier to be seen here.
oromagi
oromagi
(+)oromagi
TOWN
(+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium       MAGISTRATE
(-)Lunatic              Battle of Watling Street
(-)MisterChris
(-)Earth                  Battle of Dyrrhachium
(+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius 
(+)Whiteflame
(+)Polyglot
 (+)Drlebronski
(+)SupaDudz
 SCUM
(+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae           ROLEBLOCKERX2

VOTE COUNT:

Polyglot (2/6) - Whiteflame, Oro
Supa (1/6)-   TUF

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Depending the time we had and what he claimed, I would’ve kept my vote on him unless it was really convincing since I behaviorally read him scum

I wasn’t defensive when I responded to oromagi. I pointed out a mistake he made in the post and I have simply responded to what you saif
oromagi
oromagi
VOTE COUNT:

Polyglot (2/6) - Whiteflame, Oro
Supa (1/6)-   TUF
Chris (1/6)- Poly
Earth (1/6)- GP

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I just talked to a celebrity today. They hate their ex wife who is also a celebrity so gave me their phone number so I could call them. I of course through the phone number away.

It did feel good talking to them and was unexpected. They seemed nice, though I was calling for an annoying reason. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
11 person games usually only have 2 scum right? 

I almost want to no lynch here and just wait until next dp to lynch dr lebronsky
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
 just talked to a celebrity today. They hate their ex wife who is also a celebrity so gave me their phone number so I could call them. I of course through the phone number away.

It did feel good talking to them and was unexpected. They seemed nice, though I was calling for an annoying reason. 
So, you're a debt collector and Johnny Depp gave you his number?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
I almost want to no lynch here and just wait until next dp to lynch dr lebronsky

why so confident in DrLeb?  Would you put badger+newbie in a scum team?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
are you TP who wins if DrLeb is lynched?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Wylted
I think Oro is ignoring the idea of a third party. If there's a third party, then I don't think something Civil War vs non Civil war would work. Maybe something odd like Roman govt vs non Roman govt and third party is just an army dying to starvation or something lol

Earth
Earth
that is to say town is Romans v Romans and mafia is Romans vs non-romans.