A Biden Town Hall on CNN

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 69
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Biden's Town Hall last night [7/21] on CNN was a joke from start to finish. 'Moderated' by Don Lemon, a very center-of-the-road guy [and pigs fly], and, in a Republican district [although Cincinnati, itself, voted for SloJo], the event was so well attended, it probably had every voter who legitimately voted for Biden. So, it was not well attended. At all. Not as if CNN, itself, showed the empty seats; more than most of them. Many more. Trump would have filled the auditorium, even as a post-election event. But then, CNN would never host Trump in such an event, even-handed news organization that it is.

Biden, of course, was Biden, if only he knew who that was. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@fauxlaw
Everyone knows the value of a president is determined by butts in seats, amiright!?

In all seriousness, I see nothing here but sour grapes - no mention of anything substantive from the town hall. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
I assume Biden must have done well on the issues, since you provide zero substantive critique.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw

“I Really Don't CareDo U?”
oromagi
oromagi
Last night was Biden's seventh presidential visit to a state that did not vote for him which matches Trump's total number of visits to states that did not vote for him throughout his entire presidency (if one subtracts golf outings and visits to properties Trump owns).  This certainly supports Biden's promise to be a leader for all the people, not just the people who voted for him and makes him look far more vigorous and active in terms of outreach than Trump by a significant margin. 
oromagi
oromagi
I stopped watching CNN when Michael Jackson died but this seems to be major takeaways from last night's townhall

KEY TAKEAWAYS:

• Scientists expect COVID-19 vaccine for under 12's soon.  
    • Biden expects schools will require masks for all under 12 and unvaccinated over 12s
  • Biden re-iterates that nobody can get away with saying nothing happened on Jan 6th.
    • Still hopes Republican will join in investigation of attack on Republican's own interests.
  • Biden agrees that filibuster is holding up voting rights and a relic of Jim Crow but worries that changing filibuster will end any hope of GOP cooperation
  • Biden expects improved economic growth will overtake inflation in the short (a big promise that he needs to be able to demonstrate before mid-terms)
  • Re-iterated that Central American immigrants should not come to US and said working hard to re-establish a process for legal migration broken by Trump.
    • Promised to fight to keep DACA in US.

oromagi
oromagi
Let's recall that only 4 months ago fauxlaw was complaining that Biden was avoiding the media.  Now he's complaining that Biden is using media to his advantage.

oromagi
oromagi
Let's recall that 5 months ago, fauxlaw claimed that because Biden said he couldn't solve the pandemic for America, he must not be a can-do president.

Now the pandemic is  almost exclusively killing people who did not get vaccinated.

oromagi
oromagi
Let's recall that 6 months ago, fauxlaw was taking bets that Biden would resign due to senility and Kamala Harris take over by April 30

oromagi
oromagi
Biden is the most Republican president since George H. W. Bush and likely the last Republican president any of us will see in our lifetimes.  Might as well enjoy him while he lasts.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@SkepticalOne
Substance and SloJo are oxymorons
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
Yeah, I do care. I expect that an elected President be coherent. What Joe Biden is is not Joe Biden, but not-Donald Trump. Who wants a negative as a President? Democrats. Y'all did it. Time to justify why.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Considering who's asking softball questions, and who doesn't even know who he is, no, he did not do well. The broadcast [on video, so you're welcome to review it] speaks for itself. Why should I add to it?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Yes, but as I pointed out, the city of Cincy went for Biden. Presidential elections are not national votes, and, in the case of specific local visits by Presidents, not even statewide votes.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
 I expect that an elected President be coherent.
Biden stumbles and flubs in extemporaneous speech  a lot but I never have a problem with coherency.  I know where he stands on an issue and his actions match his words to a very coherent degree.  Trump was consistently less coherent on every issue because he changed his mind on everything according to his immediate need.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Considering who's asking softball questions, and who doesn't even know who he is, no, he did not do well. The broadcast [on video, so you're welcome to review it] speaks for itself. Why should I add to it?
Again, all your critique is about style.  You don't seem to have any problem with his positions or plans.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
  • Scientists expect COVID-19 vaccine for under 12's soon.  
Which does not follow the science that children under0 12 have very low risk of consequences of exposure

• Biden re-iterates that nobody can get away with saying nothing happened on Jan 6th.
True, but who did nothing: Pelosi, who runs the Capital Police, and ignored their pleas for help.

• Biden agrees that filibuster is holding up voting rights and a relic of Jim Crow but worries that changing filibuster will end any hope of GOP cooperation
What voting rights are being held up? Fully eight amendments deal with voting rights, and the 1964 Cib=vil Rights Act officially, documentationally, by legislated statute and procedural policy, ended Jim Crow, so, what relic, other than by individual racism, which no policy or statute can control, other than by hope?

• Biden expects improved economic growth will overtake inflation in the short (a big promise that he needs to be able to demonstrate before mid-terms)
Big government spending on entitlements never has and never will yield economic growth, so SloJo's expectations be damned.

• Re-iterated that Central American immigrants should not come to US and said working hard to re-establish a process for legal migration broken by Trump.
SloJo telling illegal immigrants, from many more countries than just in Central America, is certainly slowing the flow from the southern border, isn't it? Trump's policy, which SloJo broke immediately upon taking office, did slow the flow, no it's as high as before Trump took office. You just don't like trying to limit illegal immigration. No, they do not deserve to be here. It's called illegal for a reason. Change the law if you don't like it. No, Democrats can't do that, can they?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
4 months ago fauxlaw was complaining that Biden was avoiding the media.
He still is. Don Lemon and CNN have yet to prove they deserve the to be journalists.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Yes, but as I pointed out, the city of Cincy went for Biden. Presidential elections are not national votes, and, in the case of specific local visits by Presidents, not even statewide votes.
Actually national elections are determined by electoral votes counted at the State level so yes, it is engagement  by state that is most relevant to a President's constituencies.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
@oromagi
4 months ago fauxlaw was complaining that Biden was avoiding the media.
He still is. Don Lemon and CNN have yet to prove they deserve the to be journalists.

I see.  So your complaint is that Biden isn't engaging media as you define media.  Okay, well, I don't think Biden's going on InfoWars anytime soon, so you can give up on that dream.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
5 months ago, fauxlaw claimed that because Biden said he couldn't solve the pandemic for America, he must not be a can-do president.  Now the pandemic is  almost exclusively killing people who did not get vaccinated.
No, I did not make a question of whether or not SloJo is a can-do.  There is no question; SloJo still said he will beat Joe Biden. Doesn't know who he is; how can he possibly be competent? And as for killing people, there are plenty who have had the virus, and survived with antibodies that science says is as good, if not better than being vaccinated, but those who used to complain [including SloJo, and Kammie] that the vaccine would not be effective, are now saying it must be mandated. What changed, other than their ill-informed opinions?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
6 months ago, fauxlaw was taking bets that Biden would resign due to senility and Kamala Harris take over by April 30
Am I not allowed to be wrong? I admit it's taking longer than I antitcipated, which just shows that whoever is running things is afraid to put Kammie in the seat, or Pelostomy.  Real troubles on the horizon.

On the other hand, who is really running the White House, today? SloJo, on an official schedule of 5-to-6 hours a day? Just look at his official daily schedule.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Biden stumbles and flubs in extemporaneous speech  a lot but I never have a problem with coherency.
stumbling and flubs are indicative of coherency? Just how low is your bar of coherence?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
 You don't seem to have any problem with his positions or plans.
Previous posts certainly cover that. Must I be so repetitive? Who is have coherency, let alone memory issues, now?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Biden is the most Republican president since George H. W. Bush
Bush 41 was hardly a Republican. He was progressive in virtually every way. Biden? A Republican? That's an insult. Biden has no clue what he is.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Actually national elections are determined by electoral votes counted at the State level
Nope. The only nation-level activity in the Presidential election, constitutionally, is when the Senators [House is also there, but plays no role unless the proceedings fail to confirm the election by the E.C.] meet, under the direction of the President of the Senate to confirm the E.C. State votes, by physical count. Article II, sec. 1, clause 3.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Nope. I don't dream. I know exactly what media is, and is not. As the only private industry mentioned constitutionally, it has the role of balance, not of opinion. The latter is all CNN is.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
s@oromagi
5 months ago, fauxlaw claimed that because Biden said he couldn't solve the pandemic for America, he must not be a can-do president.  Now the pandemic is  almost exclusively killing people who did not get vaccinated.
No, I did not make a question of whether or not SloJo is a can-do.  
False.  

• Is this going to be a spokesperson Presidency? One might conclude he cannot do it. 
  •  Can-do Biden? Nope.
There is no question; SloJo still said he will beat Joe Biden.
False.  I have given you this fact check before.  Shouldn't you have to disprove the Pulitzer-Prize winning fact-checkers of Politifact before repeating that lie?

Doesn't know who he is; how can he possibly be competent?
What evidence support "doesn't know who he is?"

And as for killing people, there are plenty who have had the virus, and survived with antibodies that science says is as good, if not better than being vaccinated,
This is false:

COVID-19 VACCINES PROTECT you BETTER than INFECTION, DOCTORS SAY
Doctors say you should still get vaccinated even if you've already had COVID-19.

but those who used to complain [including SloJo, and Kammie] that the vaccine would not be effective,
false.  Please show evidence that Biden and Harris complained that the vaccine is not effective

are now saying it must be mandated.
false.  Please show evidence Biden says that vaccine should be mandatory.  I know he is investigating legality of mandating vaccines for troops but has not backed that policy yet.

What changed, other than their ill-informed opinions?
Nothing, your claims are false.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
@oromagi
6 months ago, fauxlaw was taking bets that Biden would resign due to senility and Kamala Harris take over by April 30
Am I not allowed to be wrong?
fauxlaw concedes his prior inaccuracy when evaluating Biden's mental capacity.   I think we should just continue to assume poor, biased judgement on your part.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
@oromagi
Biden stumbles and flubs in extemporaneous speech  a lot but I never have a problem with coherency.
stumbling and flubs are indicative of coherency? Just how low is your bar of coherence?
You are confusing coherence with eloquence.

COHERENCE is "Unified; sticking together; Orderly, logical and consistent.   Biden's actions follow his public statements.  His public statements are in agreement with prior statements"

Trump promises infrastructure but then never writes one bill his whole presidency=INCOHERENT
Biden promises infrastructure, gets all Dems on board and now we're waiting to see if GOP will honor their campaign promises=COHERENT
Trump promises to leave Afghanistan but then takes no action to remove troop=INCOHERENT
Biden promises to leave Afghanistan before Sept and mid-July completes that task = COHERENT