Jesus Is Not God

Author: Stephen

Total: 97
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Anyone who is riveted on identifying runaways is obviously just a stick in the mud on the side of the road. Looks like a grave marker to me.

Requiescet in pace
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Bones

FAUXLAW, in being guilty of the following:  the runaway from biblical axioms from me alone 87 times and counting therefore being the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and says Jesus is not the total cause of everything of which He is, and that Christians have "free will" which they do not, said that God does not order murder, where in fact He does,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE # 57 AS IF ONLY CERTAIN PASSAGES CAN BE USED WITHIN THE BIBLE, LOL!: "The cherrypick rises again." 

We can understand that you are still healing from debating "Bones" where he outright owned your JUDEO-Christian Bible stupidity in losing terribly, but why   continue to be the forums #1 Bible fool as shown in your statement above?  

Tell the membership Bible fool, when YOU pick out passages that support your weak position, what are you doing?  YES, conversely, you are "cherry picking" in the same manner! HELLO?   How can you continue to show yourself within this forum when you continually step in the proverbial poo is unbelievable.

Why does DEBATEART allow such stupid pseudo-christians like FAUXLAW within this forum that takes down their esteemed position on the internet?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@n8nrgmi

n8nrgmi,,

Ahhhh, with your post #53, and others within this thread, we can see that you too went to "FAUXLAW'S School of Running Away from Discussion" in using " Lame Child Like" responses  like he does when he has been Bible Slapped Silly by me and other members of this forum! LOL!

FAUXLAW RUNAWAY RESPONSES THAT SHOW HIM THROWING IN THE TOWEL OF DEFEAT WITH ME ARE AS FOLLOWS:

"The flies are buzzing again."

"Still flies."

"Blah, blah, blah. lf you draw your gun, shoot it, don’t just bore us talking about it"

"What? You want me to load your 44 for you? Sorry, that's on you, entirely. You're the one imposing limitations. You do it. All you need is a mirror.
!. Look in mirror 2. Load 3. Lock 4. Shoot [at the mirror] That was easy, yeah?"

"What a bloody waste of cyberspace."

As you can see, FAUXLAW has a myriad of excuses to RUN AWAY from discussion when his ass has been easily handed to him, whereas he "CHERRY PICKS" certain appropriate  grade-school responses as shown above!  Then FAUXLAW wonders why he is the #1 Bible fool upon this forum! LOL!

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Why does DEBATEART allow such stupid pseudo-christians like FAUXLAW within this forum that takes down their esteemed position on the internet? 
Valid citation, please, that fauxlaw, by moniker, has direct affect on the web's opinion of DebateArt attributed to fauxlaw, specifically, or is this just more mud-stuck- -on-the-side-of-the-road, and, therefore, useless, senseless, and vindictive opinion? Mess not, that ye be not messed.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Bones
  FAUXLAW, in being guilty of the following:  the runaway from biblical axioms from me alone 87 times and counting therefore being the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and says Jesus is not the total cause of everything of which He is, and that Christians have "free will" which they do not, said that God does not order murder, where in fact He does,

THE BIBLE STUPID FAUXLAW QUOTE IN POST # 64 THAT SHOWS SERIOUS CONFUSION: "Valid citation, please, that fauxlaw, by moniker, has direct affect on the web's opinion of DebateArt attributed to fauxlaw, specifically, or is this just more mud-stuck- -on-the-side-of-the-road, and, therefore, useless, senseless, and vindictive opinion? Mess not, that ye be not messed."

HUH? This embarrassing "not making any sense quote" above by FAUXLAW obviously shows that he has not healed as yet subsequent to being Biblically bludgeoned by "Bones" in their recent debate that he lost terribly.  Therefore, what the Bible ignorant FAUXLAW should do, is first heal from the pain and embarrassment that "Bones" easily inflicted upon him before he "tries" to discuss his outright Bible stupidity upon this forum.  Very sad to see FAUXLAW groveling in this way in front of the membership.  :(

In the name of the hung Savior,

Brother D. Thomas

Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I'm not gonna lie, I delivered quite a whooping. Twice. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
And with that comment you are saying that there are or can be more than one god at any one time..
What as trial you are. 

Whats' up, High Priest?#36  Is your burden getting heavy? 

Your problem is the same as all the bible bashers here. You came here  prepared and equipped with only sermons interpreted with what only you want the scriptures to say and expecting to use this forum as a pulpit. You all do it.

What you are not prepared for is an atheist that has actually read and studied these ancient scriptures for themselves and can see another side to the story and that comes with uncomfortable BIBLICAL facts and awkward question after scrutinising THE BIBLE for himself.. This is why when you are all on the backfoot, you pour out your credentials in a passive aggressive fashion  in the belief that this somehow , in your own mind only , makes you more qualified than the likes of me and that I will cower and bend to your imagined  ` higher authority ` .  Well don't hold you breath!

Tell me "High Priest" in what form did Jesus resurrected as, spirit or flesh? 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Did you give yourself a tick? LOL! 

Jesus is fully God. And he is fully man. 

The Bible confirms this.  I know you don't like it - but it is quite clear in its instructions to us.  

Surely even you would not expect that when the bible is talking about Jesus as fully man that it is also going to say at the same time he is god. That would simply be nonsense.  And no Christian would even give you the time of day. 

Yet, the verses you have selected ALL prove Jesus is fully MAN.  Jesus is human.  Hallelujah.  

If he is was not human in the flesh - he could not REPRESENT humanity on the cross. He could not represent us before God. 

Jesus the Man is SEPARATE from Jesus who is God.  Wow! Has it really taken you this long to figure this out? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret

Jesus the Man is SEPARATE from Jesus who is God.  Wow! Has it really taken you this long to figure this out? 

My, it sounds just like that good ol' boy ethang is back!!!.  From which grave yard did you dig him up from?

Anyway.

YES! Jesus is not god  and he was just a man that the likes of you have wrapped in a myth for over 2,000+ years, as one of your other personas clearly understands.

Well done Reverend " Tradey",!!!! you are finally seeing the light!!!!

Now. the only obstacle that you have to get over is to simply answer this question;

In what form did Jesus resurrect spirit or flesh? 

Oh, and get well soon, Reverend "Tradey"?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
I have no idea why you continue on that old thing. Ethang and I are not the same person. We do not share the same password.  We live on different continents. We are married to different ladies. 

This old charade is simply - for want of a better word - DUMB. 

Ethang and I actually have quite distinct doctrines and beliefs.   If you actually had a clue about Christianity, you would have figured this out.  Yet, since you are ignorant, I suppose it is difficult for you to determine our differences.  This is why I think you and the Brother are one and the same. He is unable to differentiate between the denominations.  

I would have thought anyone with any sense of biblical understanding and church history would see these things without too much problem. Obviously, it really is something that only TRUE believers sense and understand. 

But hey, I don't mind if you get banned again for making up lies and innuendos. It fits perfectly well with the so called interpretation methodology you use. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
 hgbbwfq qwb

You missed the question Reverend "Tradey".

In what form did Jesus resurrect was it in spirit or flesh? 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Is he a.  " GREAT LORD " ? 
GOOD LORD.
is he a Lord?

Whats the def of " Lord " ?

Back soon. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
Whats a Lord, Big fella ?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Them Body of christ flavord waffers they suck on are
well i suspect are just plain old wafers. 
For they would of ran out of Jesus body seasoning alongggggggggggggggggggggggg  long time ago. 

Im a run some test. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Whats a Lord, Big fella ?

Educated elite of the time, Deb.  Usually made up of a bunch of educated Pastors and Priests and local dignitaries that looked down on the ` little man` and that would treat them as insignificant shite and charge extortionate exchange rates at the temple and were good at robbing the "poor" blind with a promise of a ticket to heaven and everlasting life.
Nothings changed much Deb.

Here in England we have a whole house full of the jumped up clowns that pass our laws etc etc. But not so many are  educated. They also were funny costumes and fancy chains and other expensive regalia to jangle in front of the faces of the poor and needy and desperate and disenfranchised.

Just the type of person "the lord" Jesus tells us not to get too impressed by and to be aware of, as they were considered by him to be "wolves in sheep's clothing" .

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

“Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets".Luke 20:46

Have a look Deb. Are you impressed?

Good point about them wafers, Deb
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Flesh.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”

And I will see you John 14:28

John 14:28  “ I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I"
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
You missed the question Reverend "Tradey".

In what form did Jesus resurrect was it in spirit or flesh? 

Flesh.#76

As a man then?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
im gonna take a guess and say that it refers to the position of the Father, above-in Heaven
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Luke 1:35: The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God.                                  No sex. Life was put into her womb. Whole thread is lies.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Jesus as a man was resurrected in flesh.  Jesus as God did not die. There was no need for resurrection of God.

Stephen
Stephen
Jesus as a man was resurrected in flesh.  

Your friend fauxlaw appears to agree with you, but are you are sure about that?

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
I can't comment for fauxlaw. He can speak for himself.  But I certainly agree that Jesus was resurrected in the flesh. 
Stephen
Stephen
I can't comment for fauxlaw. He can speak for himself.  But I certainly agree that Jesus was resurrected in the flesh.

And I couldn't agree more. Flesh it was wasn't it. fauxlaw appears to be sitting on the fence because he said the same as you but with a question mark. ie "Flesh and blood?"

My only objection here is that he wasn't "resurrected" from being physically dead. 

How did Jesus enter a locked room?

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
How did Jesus enter a locked room?
what a great question. Stevie Blunder,  how did Jesus do that without being supernatural? I am sure you have it all figured out. Why don't you enlighten the rest of us? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Stephen wrote: In what form did Jesus resurrect spirit or flesh?#69
Tradesecret wrote: Flesh.#76 

Stephen wrote; As a man then? #79
Tradesecrete wrote: Jesus as a man was resurrected in flesh.  #82

Stephen wrote: Then How did Jesus enter a locked room?

Tradesecret wrote: what a great question. Stevie Blunder,  how did Jesus do that without being supernatural? I am sure you have it all figured out. Why don't you enlighten the rest of us? 

Nope. That was my question to you.  You are the one with all those wonderful "qualifications" gained from all of those years of studies and that was tutored by academics, scholars, and priests and fathers of the church.#91

So when you are ready, you can explain to students here how this miraculous feat was pulled off by this man of flesh.

Off you go now. And don't take too long, it a very easy question for the likes of you with all of your years of ministry.

Get well soon Reverend, you are a Reverend , aren't you?😁

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
You do realise Stephen that no one is fooled by your tomfoolery.  

I think there is a significant difference between a pre-resurrected person and a resurrected person.  In the case of Jesus it also has to do with the difference between mortality and immortality.  Now there is another delightful question to think about.   

12 days later

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
There are few passages from John gospel only indicating that Jesus is god.
So  if J = G

The other gospel  refer to him as being  only a "son of god"
But  M1, M2, and  L = SoG

Therefore Jesus is not G. 

So works the magic of Stephen's logic. 

In Stephen's logic Jesus cannot be both God and the Son of God.  He does not explain why.  

Hmmm.  Now let us think for a moment.  If John says Jesus is God.  Does the explanation that Stephen gives contradict John?  

Stephen would like us to think so - but what has Stephen actually argued? 

Stephen admits John gave a few passages labeling Jesus God.  So Stephen is not denying John's words. 

Then Stephen indicates that the other gospels call Jesus the "Son of God".  Stephen never expresses that the gospels deny Jesus is God. 

Ok. So, so far Stephen says John calls Jesus God. And the other gospels call Jesus "son of God".  But Stephen does not say the others gospels deny Jesus is God. 

So far, so good.  Stephen then defines or suggests that the term son of god is a title of the times and "today as a matter of fact".  

Is that right? Perhaps.  And for the sake of the argument let's say it is true.  Is giving Jesus a title as the son of God the same as denying Jesus is God? 

In other words is it impossible for God to have a title "son of God"?  Hmmm. I wonder.  Is there anywhere in the bible where God has more than one title.  Let's go to Isaiah 9:6: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government shall be on his shoulders and he will be called, wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting father, prince of peace and he will reign on David's throne.   

Very interesting.  So in the OT, a son who is also a child will be called a counselor and god and father and a prince.    All of these names - and titles and all in black and white.  

So it would seem that a Son of god - as a title does not mean a denial of God.    In fact Isaiah very clearly gives many different titles to the same person. Having one extra title in no way infers that one of his other titles is null and void.    

Also Jesus is clearly called   the "son of man". 

And then painfully, Stephen who obviously has NEVER read the OT book of Isaiah adds his coup de grat.  Another title.  Son of Man.  Obviously Stephen does not realise that any one person can have numerous titles - and having any of these titles does not nullify any of his other titles.  Imagine if he applied that logic to the Royal Family.  Prince Charles - you cannot be both prince and duke.  You are therefore a fraud and people are making up stories about you. 

So who is making Jesus out to be a god?
No one makes Jesus God.  Jesus is and always has been God. He is the Son from eternity. 

Why are the other gospels silent on the matter of Jesus being a god?
Well of course not.  Whatever are you talking about?   

And doesn't all of Christianity rest on this ambiguous claim.
Firstly, it is not ambiguous.  Secondly, as always - you have jumped the gun.  Premature  thinking.  

Go back to school and see if you can learn some logic.  Logic which atheists like you borrow from Christians.  

369 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Tradesecret
No one makes Jesus God.  Jesus is and always has been God. He is the Son from eternity.

Christians quote verse from the Bible that suggests Jesus is God even though Jesus never said he was God.
1. John 10:30, "I and the Father are one."

There are those who declare that God the Father and Jesus Christ, are the same person. They contend that Jesus is merely a manifestation or development or role of the Father. The Bible, however, says that the Father and Jesus are distinct from each other. They are not the same person. There are several ways in which the Bible illustrates this truth.

1. The Father Sent The Son

Another distinction we have between the Father and the Son is that the Father is the sender and Jesus, the Son, is the one sent.

Jesus said that it was God the Father who sent Him into the world.

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work" (John 4:34).
He emphasized it again

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me (John 5:30).
Jesus made it clear the Father had set Him apart and sent Him into the world.

What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God's Son'? (John 10:36).
Jesus said that His words came from the Father.

For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it (John 12:49)
The Apostle Paul also testified that the Father sent the Son into the world:

But when the fulness of the time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law (Galatians 4:4).
2. The Father Testified To The Son

The Bible speaks of the Father testifying of the Son:

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another who bears witness of me, and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true . . . And the Father himself, who sent me, has testified of me (John 5:31,32,37).
In this passage, Jesus is speaking to the religious leaders. He says that He is not the only one who is testifying concerning Himself. Jesus mentions the testimony of John the Baptist and the testimony of God the Father. Jesus contrasts His testimony from that of the Father showing that they are two distinct persons. The Father provides additional testimony to the character of Jesus.

3. Jesus Prayed To The Father

The two divine persons-God the Father and God the Son-exist eternally and distinctly in an interpersonal relationship. For example, in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus did not pray to Himself, but to the Father. In Jesus' prayer to God the Father, the clear distinction is made between the two of them. He prayed.

I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in me through their word; that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. "The glory which you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one; I in them and you in me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you have loved me (John 17:20-23).
4. There Was Mutual Knowledge And Love Between The Father And The Son

Scripture speaks of the mutual knowledge and love that God the Father and God the Son have for one another. Jesus said.

All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal him (Matthew 11:27).
Jesus also said.

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand (John 3:35).
5. Jesus Did The Father's Will

Jesus did the will of the Father not His own will.

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father?' "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative, but the Father abiding in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves (John 14:8-11).
Jesus did not say He was the Father but rather He was the one who perfectly represented the Father. However Jesus testified that God the Father was with Him in a mystical way.

6. No One Can Get To God The Father Except Through Jesus The Son

Jesus told people to believe in Him.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me (John 14:1).
The Bible also makes it clear that one cannot know God the Father apart from Jesus

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; from now on you know him, and have seen him" (John 14:6).
Paul wrote.

For there is one God; there is also one mediator between God and humankind, Christ Jesus, himself human (1 Timothy 2:5).
Summary
It is the teaching of Scripture that God the Father is a distinct person from Jesus Christ, God the Son. This is demonstrated in a number of ways. The Father sent Jesus the Son to earth. The Father also gave a testimony to the Son. We find that Jesus, the Son, prayed to the Father There is also mutual love and knowledge between God the Father and Jesus the Son. Jesus, the Son, always did the Father's will not His own will. One cannot know God the Father without knowledge of Jesus the Son. These truths make it clear that the Father and Son are two distinct Persons.

2. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
According to the Bible there were many before Abraham. Adam to Noah.

3. John 10:33 33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."
The people were not impressed with Jesus's miracles and found him to be a blasphemous liar and a lunatic.

4. John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That is John speaking about Jesus. Those are not the words of Jesus. Many things were said about Jesus like he was a madman, demon possessed.
Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

John 10:20 Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?" - ...

We know the people rejected Jesus and the Romans crucified him. This would not have happened if Jesus was God. No one would have dared to mock, beat, ridicule and crucify God who is the supreme power.
The people of Jesus's time knew the power of God.
1. God sent the plagues to Egypt.
2. God destroyed the world with a flood.
3. God destroyed the Canaanites, Ammonites and Moabites.

Jesus on the cross even blamed God for his failures.
Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").