How Did Jesus Do It?

Author: Stephen

Total: 73
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Elliott
It's possibly something an advanced civilisation could do.

Though perhaps it would be more sensible just to use the door.

And is it likely that an advanced civilisation would send a single bloke, via a human womb, once, a couple of thousand years ago and then just bugger off?

Is it likely that an omni-GOD would do the same.

Some people do seem to credit advanced beings with high levels of daftness.

Possibilities are usually improbabilities.
Elliott
Debates: 0
Elliott
-->
@zedvictor4
I agree that some people do seem to credit advanced beings with high levels of daftness as the Bible certainly doesn’t seem to credit God with a high level of intelligence.

I find it slightly bewildering that some people believe that God as he is portrayed in the Bible is the creator of the universe as we perceive it today.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Elliott

I bet God's hair looked like Trump's hair, since we are made in his image.
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@FLRW
I don’t think even the most fervent anti-theist would wish that on God.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
Jesus , it has been agreed by some Christians  that Jesus resurrected as flesh and blood man.

So a recent question I have posed is- how did Jesus enter the closed and locked room?

"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”John 20:19 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+20%3A19-20&version=NIV

How did he do it?

According to the JW Jesus appeared to the disciples in the spirit and not in flesh and blood.
 Do you actually read the threads that you comment on?

Regardless of what JW , you or the reverend Tradsecret have to say, Jesus makes it quite plain that he returned the same way he went, as a flesh and blood fully grown human with wounded flesh . 

Stephen wrote: #29
Jesus said
"36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Luke 24:36- 39
So I am  right, Jesus appeared before the disciples as a spirit.
Luke 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

Luke 4:Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.

After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh or Spirit?
The Bible’s answer
The Bible says that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected] in the spirit.”—1 Peter 3:18; Acts 13:34; 1 Corinthians 15:45; 2 Corinthians 5:16.

Jesus’ own words showed that he would not be resurrected with his flesh-and-blood body. He said that he would give his “flesh in behalf of the life of the world,” as a ransom for mankind. (John 6:51; Matthew 20:28) If he had taken back his flesh when he was resurrected, he would have canceled that ransom sacrifice. This could not have happened, though, for the Bible says that he sacrificed his flesh and blood “once for all time.”—Hebrews 9:11, 12.

If Jesus was raised up with a spirit body, how could his disciples see him?
Spirit creatures can take on human form. For example, angels who did this in the past even ate and drank with humans. (Genesis 18:1-8; 19:1-3) However, they still were spirit creatures and could leave the physical realm.—Judges 13:15-21.

After his resurrection, Jesus also assumed human form temporarily, just as angels had previously done. As a spirit creature, though, he was able to appear and disappear suddenly. (Luke 24:31; John 20:19, 26) The fleshly bodies that he materialized were not identical from one appearance to the next. Thus, even Jesus’ close friends recognized him only by what he said or did.—Luke 24:30, 31, 35; John 20:14-16; 21:6, 7.

When Jesus appeared to the apostle Thomas, he took on a body with wound marks. He did this to bolster Thomas’ faith, since Thomas doubted that Jesus had been raised up.—John 20:24-29.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Jesus , it has been agreed by some Christians  that Jesus resurrected as flesh and blood man.

So a recent question I have posed is- how did Jesus enter the closed and locked room?

"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”John 20:19 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+20%3A19-20&version=NIV

How did he do it?

According to the JW Jesus appeared to the disciples in the spirit and not in flesh and blood.
 Do you actually read the threads that you comment on?

Regardless of what JW , you or the reverend Tradsecret have to say, Jesus makes it quite plain that he returned the same way he went, as a flesh and blood fully grown human with wounded flesh . 

Stephen wrote: #29
Jesus said
"36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Luke 24:36- 39
NO!!!. read what this supposed son of god says himself, FFS!. 

The disciples believed they were seeing a ghost/ spirit." 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit".

But Jesus says touch my wounds and have a good poke around and see > "it is I myself for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".Luke 24:36- 39

Read this thread and  see what the dopey apologist invent in their attempts to get over this little dilemma.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

NO!!!. read what this supposed son of god says himself, FFS!. 

The disciples believed they were seeing a ghost/ spirit." 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit".

But Jesus says touch my wounds and have a good poke around and see > "it is I myself for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".Luke 24:36- 39

Read this thread and  see what the dopey apologist invent in their attempts to get over this little dilemma.
The  Bible describes spiritual bodies as immortal but not immaterial. A spiritual body is dominated by the spirit but it is not devoid of all matter. The Greek word used by Paul for spiritual (pneumatikos) means a body directed by the spirit, as opposed to one controlled by the flesh. So, a spiritual body is immortal and imperishable but it is not immaterial. According to Geisler, Paul’s reference to a “spiritual” (pneumatikos) body denotes a supernatural body, not a non-physical one. For example, in 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul speaks of the “supernatural (pneumatikos) rock” from which the Israelites got “spiritual drink.” However, Exodus 17:5-6 and Numbers 20:8-9 make it clear the rock was a physical rock from which the Israelites got physical water, but by supernatural means. Further, when Paul spoke about the spiritual man in 1 Corinthians 2:11-15, he was not referring to an invisible, immaterial man without a physical body but a man with a fleshly body whose life was lived by the supernatural power of God.

Moses too saw God both in the spirit and physical form.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Shila wrote: So I am  right, Jesus appeared before the disciples as a spirit.

Stephen wrote: NO!!!. read what this supposed son of god says himself, FFS!. 

The disciples believed they were seeing a ghost/ spirit." 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit".

But Jesus says touch my wounds and have a good poke around and see > "it is I myself for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".Luke 24:36- 39

Shila wrote:The  Bible describes spiritual bodies as immortal but not immaterial. A spiritual body is dominated by the spirit but it is not devoid of all matter. The Greek word used by Paul for spiritual (pneumatikos) means a body directed by the spirit, as opposed to one controlled by the flesh. So, a spiritual body is immortal and imperishable but it is not immaterial. According to Geisler, Paul’s reference to a “spiritual” (pneumatikos) body denotes a supernatural body, not a non-physical one. For example, in 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul speaks of the “supernatural (pneumatikos) rock” from which the Israelites got “spiritual drink.” However, Exodus 17:5-6 and Numbers 20:8-9 make it clear the rock was a physical rock from which the Israelites got physical water, but by supernatural means. Further, when Paul spoke about the spiritual man in 1 Corinthians 2:11-15, he was not referring to an invisible, immaterial man without a physical body but a man with a fleshly body whose life was lived by the supernatural power of God.

Well it is there written in black on white. Jesus returned as he went a, full  grown human . His wounds were flesh wounds. He says he is flesh and bone and clearly states that he cannot be a spirit because he is flesh and bone.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
Shila wrote: So I am  right, Jesus appeared before the disciples as a spirit.

Stephen wrote: NO!!!. read what this supposed son of god says himself, FFS!. 

Shila wrote:The  Bible describes spiritual bodies as immortal but not immaterial. A spiritual body is dominated by the spirit but it is not devoid of all matter. The Greek word used by Paul for spiritual (pneumatikos) means a body directed by the spirit, as opposed to one controlled by the flesh. So, a spiritual body is immortal and imperishable but it is not immaterial. According to Geisler, Paul’s reference to a “spiritual” (pneumatikos) body denotes a supernatural body, not a non-physical one. For example, in 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul speaks of the “supernatural (pneumatikos) rock” from which the Israelites got “spiritual drink.” However, Exodus 17:5-6 and Numbers 20:8-9 make it clear the rock was a physical rock from which the Israelites got physical water, but by supernatural means. Further, when Paul spoke about the spiritual man in 1 Corinthians 2:11-15, he was not referring to an invisible, immaterial man without a physical body but a man with a fleshly body whose life was lived by the supernatural power of God.

Stephen wrote: Well it is there written in black on white. Jesus returned as he went a, full  grown human . His wounds were flesh wounds. He says he is flesh and bone and clearly states that he cannot be a spirit because he is flesh and bone.

There is no mention of Jesus bleeding or having blood, only flesh and bones. That would make him a Vampire.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
There is no mention of Jesus bleeding or having blood, only flesh and bones. That would make him a Vampire.

FFS give over you clown. He had wounds, flesh wounds, and had invited people to have a poke around. 

Jesus in the verses above is clearly saying he is not spirit because spirits do not have flesh and bone. Take it or leave it sunshine, but this is a biblical fact from the mouth of the Christ himself.

If you want to keep acting the complete and utter twat be my guest but don't expect too many responses from me. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

FFS give over you clown. He had wounds, flesh wounds, and had invited people to have a poke around. 

The disciples believed they were seeing a ghost/ spirit." 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit"

Jesus in the verses above is clearly saying he is not spirit because spirits do not have flesh and bone. Take it or leave it sunshine, but this is a biblical fact from the mouth of the Christ himself.

If you want to keep acting the complete and utter twat be my guest but don't expect too many responses from me. 
We are back to original question.
How did Jesus enter a locked room?

John 20:26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

Obviously he returned as a spirit or Ghost. Spirits can go through walls and locked doors.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Obviously he returned as a spirit or Ghost.

Nope! 
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
We are back to original question.
How did Jesus enter a locked room?

John 20:26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

Obviously he returned as a spirit or Ghost. Spirits can go through walls and locked doors.

Nope!
Luke 4:14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.

Jesus returning as a spirit gave him the power of the Spirit.