Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 256
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Wylted
No theme split means no reason not to character claim other than how well it relates to your role. I'll just claim. In and out burger. 
I think that’s a great reason why you shouldn’t character claim lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Everyone has checked in but Speed. I’d be ok with getting a claim from him
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
There is no theme split. You are talking out of your ass.
Yes we know there is no split but CCs exist. If Wylted according to you is scum, his real character is In N Out or In N Out is a fake claim
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
CCs exist. 
Game with theme split:

Scum - "I have to lie about my character because if I tell the truth then town may notice I have a scummy character and lynch me."

Town - "I noticed you claimed my character thus I will CC you."

Game with no theme split:

Scum - "There is no theme split so if I claim my real character nobody can say it is scummy. I will just do that."

Town - "You did not claim my character so I will not CC you."

Which of these scenarios match our situation?

Get your head out of your ass.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Oh sorry I wasn't pinged on Discord that the game started until just now lol hi guys
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Everyone has checked in but Speed. I’d be ok with getting a claim from him
No
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Hi Speed 🖐

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If they claim their real role, even better. Makes it easier on us if they fake claim their role and justifications are stretchy

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
oromagi 
TOWN
Wylted           In-and Out Burger
iLikePie5 
whiteflame
Disc 
Polyglot
Earth
MisterChris
Lunatic
Speedrace 
SCUM

VOTE COUNT

Wylted- (1/6)- Disc
Oro- (1/6) Wylted
Speed- (2/6)- whiteflame, 

oromagi
oromagi
UNVOTE 
oromagi
oromagi
YwwT
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I catch shit from oromagi because he somehow believes PMing other players during the game is somehow cheating even though the PM is not in any shape or form game related, but he will literally use cryptography and PM analysis. 

Fucking retarded, but his unethical behavior forces me to give him a tentative town read, along with disc. I'm assuming speed is also town, because if he was scum he would have likely been invited to the scum PM on discord and not have been confused about game start time. 
Wylted
Wylted
Actually the wincon is posted in the op. I'll take back the tentative town read and move him to null
Wylted
Wylted
right now, gut says pie and whiteflame scum team. 

Unvote VTL whiteflame
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
I catch shit from oromagi because he somehow believes PMing other players during the game is somehow cheating even though the PM is not in any shape or form game related, but he will literally use cryptography and PM analysis. 

I believe this because that is what the rules say, somehow.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
the rules do not say, so not PM over non game related stuff. It means no talking about the game in PMs . Wow you are low IQ
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
Need you to read post 11 and support me on this. Oro and wf are on the right track by at least acknowledging the concept I am proposing while chris and pie seem to have no sort of sense of what is even going on in the general gameplay.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I am would bet on at least one scum between chris pie and wylted. Keeping my vote on wylted for now but can possibly convinced to move to Chris or pie.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
-->
@oromagi
YwwT
Supa said that all the wincons are the same. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Unvote

So far, I'd have to agree with Discipulus_Didicit that Wylted is looking the most scummy. I was waiting to see how he'd respond to the pressure he's received so far, and though he hasn't been particularly defensive, it does seem as though he's refusing to directly respond to DD and is being pretty scattershot with his choices for a lynch, picking Oro first without any reasoning (and not responding to me when I asked him to justify it, though I will note that it's a little odd that Oro's usual wincon post came up so late in his posting), and then sussing Pie and me for no reason other than a gut reaction. Coming from anyone else, he would be an easy choice for a lynch, but past experience with Wylted has me second-guessing a choice to push a lynch on him, since he often exhibits anti-town behaviors and jumps around on lynches, especially in the early game. That being said, right now, he's the only person who have any suspicions of so far, so he'll be my vote for the time being.

VTL Wylted
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
my reasoning was the cryptography.  I have no problem with soft claims, but cryptography goes against the spirit of the game 
Wylted
Wylted
my explanation to disc was post 23
Wylted
Wylted
Whiteflame is bothering me. His logic is usually airtight with anything non political or philosophical. For example with science he has a bias called "prior likelyood bias" and with politics a bias towards establishment views, especially if they are wrapped in a centrist demeanor. 

Here he thinks jumping around between votes from somebody who is uninformed and with little Information is scummy. He is also sloppily reading the dp

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
This is literally what Oro does every game. It doesn’t matter if it’s against the spirit of it, I’d sus him immediately if he didn’t do it. Saying it pissed you off doesn’t really justify it, nor does pointing out that it’s less useful in this game. It’s DP1, dude. We’re all spitballing at this stage, but for some reason, you chose to call him out specifically for behavior that is not at all unusual.

As for Disc, your response to him in post 23 wasn’t particularly responsive. If claims mean nothing, then there’s no basis for you as town to seek a mass claim to get them. And just because it’s difficult to make connections between roles and characters doesn’t mean it’s unreasonable to expect that some people may be able to sort character claims by those that are likely to have PRs and those that aren’t. Difficulty resulting from weak justifications makes it harder for scum to use the info, but not impossible. How does town benefit?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count
Wylted [2/6] - Disc, Whiteflame
whiteflame [1/6] - Wylted

LMK if I made an error 
Speedrace
Speedrace
Wylted is being his usual weirdo self, I don't think that necessarily makes him scummy tho

Do we know if he acted like this when oro used crypto previously?
Wylted
Wylted
I understand with this small player pool, we kinda have to tolerate some shady shit like cryptography, as well as some retarded things. I have a long history of calling Oromagi's cryptography unethical. I have mentioned the unethical behavior as both town and scum. It isn't alignment indicative. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
As for Disc, your response to him in post 23 wasn’t particularly responsive. If claims mean nothing, then there’s no basis for you as town to seek a mass claim to get them
It's possible my reaso ing is wrong. However I don't think the incredulity bias is a real bias in my case, because of how well I am at figuring out exploits. 

I never asked for a mass claim, although I think mass claims are not going to harm town. If I can't figure out my own justification, than I doubt anyone else can either. If you can't figure out the harm that a particular action would cause, it is more than likely because there is no possible harm. 

People keep too many secrets. Remember when Trump declassified all those JFK documents? The government has no legitimate reason for keeping them secret. Not a single document's release was in any conceivable way harmful to the country at any time prior to the declassification. If it was I challenge somebody to show me how
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
Considering how many times you've seen Oro do this, I'm still not at all clear on why you chose to sus that in this game. You clearly know that he does this over and over, but because it's in this game with limited value to the analysis, that makes him sus? I'm also not sure why you chose to hop off the lynch on him, since your evaluation of his scumminess still applies. Maybe it's because you're more sus of me now, but considering the only reasoning you gave for hopping off of him and onto me initially was a gut response, the reason for jumping around seems weak at best.

I'd say dismissing any importance to claims and saying that that yields "no reason not to character claim other than how well it relates to your role" may not be a clear call for a mass claim, but it certainly looks like a more subtle effort to acquire information. I don't get what the value is in saying this and claiming beyond trying to get others to claim, and if you were trying to accomplish something different, please explain what that was.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
my explanation to disc was post 23
Post 23 agreed with what I said so that is not encouraging.