Another question for Darwinists

Author: janesix

Total: 72
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
What evidence do you need beyond testimonials? what evidence is congruent with spirituality? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
The point BTW, is for you not to settle for testimonial evidence. Rather to consider it and move forward with it. So, eventually you can obtain your own experiences. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
What evidence do you need beyond testimonials?
Hard evidence, something that actually exists.

what evidence is congruent with spirituality? 
None, there is no evidence for spirituality, especially considering that word has yet to be fully defined and it can't be defined until there is evidence.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Hard evidence, something that actually exists.

Again, you fail to realize what evidence consists of. When you realize what actually exists, then you can respond. Hard evidence would be that which has been shown for ages and ages without any dispute. You and your scientists can never dispute the nature of consciousness because it belongs to spirituality. 

None, there is no evidence for spirituality, especially considering that word has yet to be fully defined and it can't be defined until there is evidence.

Spirituality is evidence dummy. That is what it is for. I don't care what you accept and what you reject. You are not me and I do not accept your nonsense and never will.
Goldtop
Goldtop
Again, you fail to realize what evidence consists of.
No, you fail to understand what evidence consists of.

When you realize what actually exists, then you can respond.
Whatever has been found to exist has NEVER been through testimonials.

You and your scientists can never dispute the nature of consciousness because itS belongs to spirituality. 
Sorry, but that is dead wrong and all you're doing is denying well known facts.

Spirituality is evidence dummy.
Resorting to name calling now? No, spirituality is not evidence of anything. That is a complete lie.

You are not me and I do not accept your nonsense and never will.
What you're saying is that reality, facts and evidence are all nonsense and you will never accept them. I can't imagine how anyone can actually have a life if they divorce themselves from reality. You live in reality with facts and evidence all around you every day, yet you just deny it.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
What evidence do you need beyond testimonials? what evidence is congruent with spirituality? 

If I drop a pen it falls. If I drop a bowling ball it falls with  exactly the same acceleration (adjusted for wind resistance) this demonstrates gravity. Is there anything that demonstrates the spiritual as conclusively as the pen and the bowling ball demonstrate gravity? If you provide such a demonstration I will have no choice but to accept your claims.

The problem with testimonials is that I have heard many different often mutually exclusive claims about spirituality. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
If I drop a pen it falls. If I drop a bowling ball it falls with  exactly the same acceleration (adjusted for wind resistance) this demonstrates gravity. Is there anything that demonstrates the spiritual as conclusively as the pen and the bowling ball demonstrate gravity? If you provide such a demonstration I will have no choice but to accept your claims.

Yes, have you studied spirituality and determined the demonstration of the soul or are you just running your mouth? The reason I ask is because I find it hard to believe that anyone that has legitimately observed spirituality and has found no demonstration within it. Sorry but you have no grounds to stand on unless you can show that. Spirituality has been demonstrated for eons, the repeatability of spirituality has existed for ages. 

The problem with testimonials is that I have heard many different often mutually exclusive claims about spirituality.

Like what? lets start there. What have you heard about the process of spirituality that differs from the next?

Goldtop
Goldtop
t anyone that has legitimately observed spirituality
There is no one on record who has legitimately observed spirituality.

Sorry but you have no grounds to stand on unless you can show that
Its you who have no grounds unless you can show spirituality.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I used to be spiritual. I lost my faith because I examined my beliefs critically and logically and found that I had no evidence. We have had this discussion before.

As for testimonials christians often claim that only Jesus can lead to true spirituality while muslims often claim that only Mohamed can lead to true spirituality. Transendentalists may advise that only transcendental meditation can reveal the spirit world while shamanists may claim that only nature can reveal it. Any one of these groups might tell me that your spiritual position is herecy. Not every spiritual person can be simultaneously correct and none has any evidence beyond anecdotal. Under the circumstances I have no choice but to reject any claim that cannot be demonstrated.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
We have had this discussion before.
Its interesting because what you just explained to Etrnlvw has been said many times before to him, but he just doesn't get it.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
When discussing evolution intelligent people understand that they are discussing the ToE, people like you don't believe in the truth of the ToE and so make up some other nonsense that you call evolution but has nothing at all to do with the ToE. You don't get to redefine words to mean what you want them to mean.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Spirituality has been demonstrated for eons, the repeatability of spirituality has existed for ages. 
Then it should be a doddle for you to repeat these repeatable spiritual demonstrations.