you can't name one good reason not to get vaccinated

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 41
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
aside from not being fully FDA approved, there's no good reason not to get it. every credible scientist says it's safe for almost everyone. there's a chance of death if you dont get the shot, but there's almost no chance of death if you do get the shot. 

i expect a lot of non sense in this thread. probably a bunch of conspiracy theories. a whole lot of "consensus science isn't necessarily true even though i trust my own versions of authority". a lot of saying things without really saying anything. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I can name one, say, I specifically WANT to catch COVID-19. Is-ought statements aren’t related to each other.
TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
aside from not being fully FDA approved, there's no good reason not to get it.
My reason for delaying so far has been two-fold, FDA approval, as you stated, and I have not seen many studies on natural immunity. I was hospitalized for Covid late December to early January, and thus my body has developed some level of natural immunity. A question does exist on how effective the natural immunity is. The extent of what I have seen from definitive sources is that 'it wouldn't hurt to take the vaccine anyways', but if natural immunity is enough why should I risk possible side-effects that exist from taking the vaccine.

As such I am waiting for more conclusive information on natural immunity, FDA approval, and better understanding of the risks of the vaccines. It does not help that the pharmaceutical companies are being protected right now, if someone faces horrible side-effects from getting vaccinated they cannot sue the manufacturer.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@n8nrgmi
too many vaccines can cause it to mutate into a super virus that is resistant to vaccines theoretically. 

Many people argue that only those most vulnerable to the disease should be vaccinated
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Wylted
ive only seen arguments from credible sources that say not getting vaccinated causes the virus to have chances to mutate. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheMorningsStar
"there theoretically could be side effects even though there are none that are significant as of yet"... this is your argument, and it's basically what everyone says who doesn't get the shot.  i guess in your case, you are least have some immunity already so your point is a little stronger. if i were you, i'd go with what looks like the consensus, which is we dont have any reason to think there might be side effects so you are better off getting the shot and boosting your immunity. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
you can't name one good reason not to get vaccinated

• allergic
  • immuno compromised 
  • under 12
  • prioritize loyalty to Trump over country and community
  • needle shy
  • not human

TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
-->
@n8nrgmi
If I didn't have natural immunity then I would likely get the shot, but I wouldn't say that there are no known significant side effects. For example, the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine has already had issues related to blood clots and the CDC and FDA had a temporary recommended pause on it before and it has now been linked to an autoimmune disorder.

While it has been the main vaccine with medical issues and side effects tied to it, the fact that it has had these tied to it has caused me to wait for more information and FDA approval. Again, if I didn't have natural immunity I would likely have chosen vaccination, but it isn't that there aren't significant possible side effects.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Wylted
Or the vaccine might destroy any cancers you have growing in your body. Companies like Moderna and Pfizer's partner BioNTech, whose names are familiar from COVID-19 vaccines, are using mRNA to spur cancer patients' bodies to make vaccines that will – they hope – prevent recurrences and treatments designed to fight off advanced tumors.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheMorningsStar
"but it isn't that there aren't significant possible side effects."

those clots were like one in a million or something like that, the sorta thing that would be less likely than getting struck by lightning.  i dont know the exact figure off hand, but it wasn't a 'significant' side effect. 
TheMorningsStar
TheMorningsStar
-->
@n8nrgmi
True, but covid caused me to get a pulmonary embolism, 6 blood clots in my right lung. One consequence of this is that (according to my doctor) I am at higher risk of forming blood clots now and so even though it is a low odds I have to still take it into consideration whenever blood clots is a side effect for any medication. Seeing that it is a possible side effect of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine I have to take it into consideration as well.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheMorningsStar
u might be a special case 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@n8nrgmi
Because you think it will make you magnetic and such, you're currently in a hospital and it's just too late... Which preventing those all so common incidents would be a great reason to get it, but currenting having covid is a good reason why you can't get the vaccine.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@n8nrgmi
Saw the concept of the virus mutating into a stronger one due to vaccines come up in this thread. It's not 'incorrect' that immunity to the virus has, in some specific cases, made certain viruses even more dangerous to those who aren't vaccinated (I've not seen anything that shows a virus beginning to overcome the vaccine due to vaccinated people).

The problem is that you wanna know what cause the virus to mutate into a stronger one that will also directly harm people who are vaccinated as well? Perhaps the virus spreading? Spreading 90% of the time to people who aren't vaccinated? 

Examples from one singular vaccine used by chickens isn't enough for me to believe half of the claims made tbh.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheMorningsStar
@oromagi
prioritize loyalty to Trump over country and community
There is no evidence of Trumpeteer orangutans needing a coVid vaccine, since they are not human animals. ;--O

..." People who already had COVID-19 should still get vaccinated, scientists urge ".. LINK national geographic

and, I believe there will be booster shot for vaccinated, and,

CoVid, --a corona virus like cold viri---, may need a vaccination every year, like we do for flu viri.

And of course this above does not even address masking, or social distancing, and I sure as hell dont want to get near any Trumpeteer organutans coVid2, or not.  ;--D

RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
Fuck China's government and what it's gotten away with.

I don't just mean Covid.

Covid is entirely planned. Believe me, it was a designed virus. I'd say that out loud to anyone irl unless they forced me to say it in a court of law as I can't swear to god that I know for certain.

China's core intentions were as follows:

1. Fuck up Japan's shot at hosting a superior Olympics opening festival etc than China did in 2008. 
  2. Make the world become more like China and punish (naturally due to how Covid will unfold) the elderly in such cultures without harming the young.
  3. Pass it off as an accident and pretend struggle to keep it under control in a second outbreak so everyone isn't furious at what China did since every time they try to say it's not an accident, China conveniently has a sudden resurgence of it and plays the victim dodging UN sanctions for global biological genocide.
  4. Trump losing the election due to it didn't hurt China at all, though I do genuinely believe he lost and there was no robbery, one can't deny his management of Covid was predictably shit as itst a bunch of right-wing Anarcho types that adore him and they'd never want to be forced to do anything that would keep them safe.
  5. Make everybody realise how much they need the Internet just exactly as 5G is released and China is the only nation capable of enabling the network for other nations.
Those are five solid motives and you tell me some fucking mutant bat bit Wuhan villager by mistake and he became a COVID-19 Zombie vampire.

I am not sure what the endgame is here. Bill Gates got stabbed in the back by Illuminati just as he took the blame for a much larger cabal, he then was exposed for cheating on his wife exactly as the people of the conspiracy theory world wanted to lynch him.

That's a scapegoat if I ever saw one. 

I'm not here to singularly target Gates byt do I trust all these so called philanthropist billionaires and the vaccines they helped fund the top secret development of? Depends if my job and life blackmail me to take it or not.

mRNA can force your DNA to alter via biochemical interactions.

The other vaccines give blood clots and those can be fatal even.

So you wanted a good reason to not take the vaccine, first consider the long game of Go/Chess at work here. I'd never admit I'm anything close to antivax to people in general (I'm also not antivax, I'm just cautious with this one in particular) but I'd admit any day of the week that China released this with full malicious intent. China is run by psychopaths in every sense if the term. Not sociopaths, psychopaths and yes I know the difference.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
Also Covid has secure Hong Kong and Taiwan as China's future or current prey colonies. People would have protested hard and militaries steppeed in but all nations need to build infrastructure now so they'll turn a blind eye 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
No long term data on impacts of mRNA vaccines.
thett3
thett3
-->
@n8nrgmi
needle hurty
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
that's basically saying the same thing as 'not yet fda approved' as i assume the fda would consider long term data.

i looked it up, and the death rate is on average .7% for the whole population. one in a thousand for people under forty.  it only gets higher for people older. folks in their forties are two or three deaths per thousand. we also know that every credible authority thinks the vaccine is safe and effective. 

are you cool with that high of chance of dying, just because there theoretically could be side effects, even though science doesn't know of any and doesnt expect any?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Kids have no good reason to get the vaccine. Period.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Everyone has vastly different risks from Covid. Getting a vaccine isn't necessary for the people that are at .01% risk or less.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
78% of Americans that were hospitalized for Covid were also Obese.

I'd say it's a better idea to hit the treadmill first before trusting your health to a shot. There was a fat chick that died in Louisiana after being fully vaccinated. And she was really fat.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
that's basically saying the same thing as 'not yet fda approved' as i assume the fda would consider long term data. 
Yes they would consider long term data which is is why this was emergency approved

i looked it up, and the death rate is on average .7% for the whole population. one in a thousand for people under forty.  it only gets higher for people older. folks in their forties are two or three deaths per thousand. we also know that every credible authority thinks the vaccine is safe and effective. 
Long term impact means years in the future not a couple of months

are you cool with that high of chance of dying, just because there theoretically could be side effects, even though science doesn't know of any and doesnt expect any?
I got the vaccine. I’m just giving the argument. Science as you know is based on hypothesis. This is a hypothesis without a clear degree of certainty simply because of the fact that it’s untested in the long term.

It’s the same thing with vaping. No one knows what the long term impacts of that is yet
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@n8nrgmi
aside from not being fully FDA approved, there's no good reason not to get it. every credible scientist says it's safe for almost everyone. there's a chance of death if you dont get the shot, but there's almost no chance of death if you do get the shot. 

i expect a lot of non sense in this thread. probably a bunch of conspiracy theories. a whole lot of "consensus science isn't necessarily true even though i trust my own versions of authority". a lot of saying things without really saying anything. 
I already had the COVIDS.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR ME TO GET A "VACCINE" FOR SOMETHING I'VE ALREADY BEEN EXPOSED TO.
dfss9788
dfss9788
-->
@3RU7AL
I already had the COVIDS.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@dfss9788
Immunity from natural infection starts to decline after 6 to 8 months. We know that fully vaccinated people still have good immunity after a year—and probably longer.
First, where's the link to the actual study.

Second, do you have any idea how a vaccination functions ?

A vaccine uses a weakened version of the biological threat which ONLY prompts your own immune system to recognize the threat.

It is impossible for a vaccine to be any more effective than exposure to the actual, full strength biological threat.

I also have a close personal friend who is the same age as myself, who has been vaccinated and they have been sick and unable to work since last April.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheMorningsStar
As such I am waiting for more conclusive information on natural immunity, FDA approval, and better understanding of the risks of the vaccines. It does not help that the pharmaceutical companies are being protected right now, if someone faces horrible side-effects from getting vaccinated they cannot sue the manufacturer.
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@n8nrgmi
those clots were like one in a million or something like that, the sorta thing that would be less likely than getting struck by lightning.  i dont know the exact figure off hand, but it wasn't a 'significant' side effect.
I have two friends who had to be hospitalized for blood clots after receiving mRNA vaccines.  In one, the blood clots caused paralysis of their left arm and left leg, causing them to fall and hit their head.  The other friend died within a month of being vaccinated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Nyxified
Examples from one singular vaccine used by chickens isn't enough for me to believe half of the claims made tbh.
I would be interested in seeing the studies that support your claims.