Why does God want to be worshipped?

Author: aaaa

Total: 79
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Double_R
It comes from myself. The need to be worshipped is demonstrative of ego and narcissism. Why would anyone find that worthy of worshipping?
But the God of the Bible is neither narcissistic nor up himself.  He is holy and good.  

So given the factor that worship is inescapable - it is always going to be a matter of woshiping someone. 

I suspect that you are full of yourself - after all, anyone who thinks that they can decide who God is - from themselves is arrogant and full of it.

And yet I reckon you worship yourself.  In fact this goes without saying - you are the master of your own fate.  The captain of your soul. You do what you want to do. You think your views are supreme.  

So really you are also a bit inconsistent and don't actually practice what you preach.  I suspect arbitrary is a good word to describe you, 

372 days later

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@aaaa
Why does God want to be worshipped?

Is it ever talked about in the Bible?

There are many verses in the  Bible about worshipping God.
Elliott
Elliott
I don’t really understand why God requires worship, as this would mean it fulfils some need and if God has needs then he is less than perfect, as a perfect God would have no needs.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
I don’t really understand why God requires worship, as this would mean it fulfils some need and if God has needs then he is less than perfect, as a perfect God would have no needs.
God has needs and he was not perfect.
He looked at the naked bodies of Adam and Eve in the Garden and was very upset when they covered up.

Genesis 3:7

"Then the eyes of both [Adam and Eve] were opened and they realised that they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." (NIV)
Genesis 3:9-11

9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? (KJV).

But the urge never went away.

Luke 1:34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 

Now if women went to worship God, he would not  need to go to them. Like he did in the two cases above.
Now you know why God wants to be worshipped.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Where did they get the needle and thread from?

Why would  GOD have provided sewing kit?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Why do men bring women flowers and rings and rare gems from the Earth. Why do women cook meals and wear clothes men find attractive on them. Why do friends buy gifts for one another. People "worshipping" one another. Gods are no different if you're going to ask gods for things they wants stuff in return. Again it's like any other relationship.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Shila

That was why God was upset. They managed to cover their naked bodies by using the knowledge acquired from the tree of knowledge.
Now you know why God wanted them to stay away from the tree of knowledge.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Not really.

Notwithstanding that the whole tree of knowledge thing is all about the human fascination with sexuality.

If GODDO really didn't want A and E to know, then why make a tree of knowledge available.

But you know the Bible is baloney don't you?
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4

That was why God was upset. They managed to cover their naked bodies by using the knowledge acquired from the tree of knowledge.
Now you know why God wanted them to stay away from the tree of knowledge.

Not really.

Notwithstanding that the whole tree of knowledge thing is all about the human fascination with sexuality.

If GODDO really didn't want A and E to know, then why make a tree of knowledge available.

But you know the Bible is baloney don't you?
Gods reasoning  might appear to be baloney, but you cannot prove that if you are an atheist.

Theists have come to a different conclusion because they studied the Bible.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Anyone can study the Bible.

And it's fair to say that most who would label as theist, have probably never studied the bible, or even read it from cover to cover.

Whereas, both ardent theists and ardent atheists will undoubtedly have studied the bible.....See Stephen.

My knowledge of the bible is probably as good as a basic theists would be.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
—> @Shila
Anyone can study the Bible.

And it's fair to say that most who would label as theist, have probably never studied the bible, or even read it from cover to cover.

Whereas, both ardent theists and ardent atheists will undoubtedly have studied the bible.....See Stephen.

My knowledge of the bible is probably as good as a basic theists would be.
But your conclusion is not the same as Bible believers because you don’t believe in the God of the Bible. See your debates.

Your god is a metaphysical being no different than  pagan gods that are a dime a dozen.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Two atheists pretending they have some kind of belief system while arguing they don't have a belief system trying to insult each other even though they're both atheists how fucking stupid has this forum gotten.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Shila

Remember that a very smart Jew once said, the Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
Shila
Shila
-->
@FLRW
--> @Shila

Remember that a very smart Jew once said, the Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
The only Jew we know is Rosends who is a Jewish Rabbi. Hard to see him mocking the Bible.

Stephen
Stephen
@ the Witch

Why do men bring women flowers and rings and rare gems from the Earth.
To get his leg over.

Why do women cook meals

Because its fkn dinner time. Men do the same when they too are hungry.

and wear clothes men find attractive on them.

For the same reason men buy all the drinks and pays for dinner.

Why do friends buy gifts for one another.

The answer is in your own question.... friendship and  not worship.

People "worshipping" one another. Gods are no different if you're going to ask gods for things they wants stuff in return. Again it's like any other relationship.

Stop talking tripe. A man wanting to get his leg over  followed by a nice meal is not the same as worshipping.

Would you kill someone for your friend? Or on your friends command?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Do you feel insulted.

I do not feel insulted.

Poly seems to think that we are insulting.

I think Poly is funny.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Shila
Do you feel insulted.

I do not feel insulted.

Poly seems to think that we are insulting.

I think Poly is funny.
Polytheist-Witch wants to be put out of her misery. But the Christian’s here are ignoring her.
Witches don’t  know what insults are. They only Christian love for outdoor wood burning.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
To be honest.

Poly is an essential part of  the eclectic mix of Debateart participants.

Her individuality would be sadly missed if she ever decide to quit.

If everyone was the same, that would be so boring
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Shila
To be honest.

Poly is an essential part of  the eclectic mix of Debateart participants.

Her individuality would be sadly missed if she ever decide to quit.

If everyone was the same, that would be so boring
Misery loves company. We need more miserable members to keep her going.

But she pleads to Christians to put her out of her misery. Are there no Christians left on Debateart?