Total: 49
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
No one was lynched yesterday.

Dead players
-----
Lunatic
You are Eirika! You are the twin sister of Ephraim. As the princess of Renais, you had to flee when Grado invaded. Ephraim taught you how to fight, but otherwise you don’t do much. Thus, you are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night ability, but you may influence the game with your voice and vote. You win with the Town.

Wylted

You are Marth! You are Fire Emblem’s first protagonist. The prince of Altea, you eventually defeat the evil Medeus and save humanity. Well liked in game and in real life for your classic character, you are the Innocent Child! At the start of DP3, you will be mod confirmed as Town. You win with the Town.

Living Players
-----
1. Whiteflame 
2. Discipulus_Didicit
3. ILikePie5 
4. SupaDudz 
5. Polyglot

72 hour days, 24 hour nights.

The day ends 9:10 PM EST 8/23.

With 5 players, it takes 3 to lynch. Try to be active. I understand you might be busy, but not making substantial posts in a 24 hour timeframe will result in you being replaced.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Polyglot
nac
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, I guess I kind of get why Wylted said his role wasn't super useful, but that he wanted to wait until this DP to claim. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was getting a strong townread on him up to this point, so his role was really incidental.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Going to need that role claim as soon as you get on. You're the only outlier at this point.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Did not get a chance to comment on your role claim last DP. Thank you for providing it, even if it was incredibly late. Just the fact that it took you this long to claim makes you automatically the most sus person in this DP. If this is you playing as scum, this kind of play is pretty terrible for covering for yourself, and if this is you as town, then you play is so anti-town that your lynch is effectively necessary to make sure that we can play normally.

But speaking on the specifics of your claim... yeah, it seems fake. I don't think there is any chance that Earth has this kind of role in his game. It's a pretty niche role, I've never seen it used before, and I doubt that his first modded game would include something so clearly strange. I think you're the automatic lynch target for what appears to be an obvious fake claim and for your behavior in the last DP, but also because if you just VTNL'd as a town Actor, you just screwed us. Getting yourself modkilled would have at least reduced the potential scum pool, and if you had claimed earlier in the DP, I would have suggested as much. Instead, you drew attention to yourself and are virtually guaranteed to be the lynch target in this DP. Seriously, if this is you as town, I honestly have trouble coming up with ways to be more anti-town than you were in the last DP. This all looks scummy as hell. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd like some discussion to occur in this DP, I'd VTL you right now.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
So from all the roles claimed, we have 1 vanilla, actor, bodyguard, tracker, doctor, and innocent child.  I’m guessing disc must be some investigative role and would like to hear him claim.

Also, as Whiteflame said, the role is pretty niche. Why would I come up with such a role? I said in DP1 that I had to do some research on the character because I myself have never even heard a role like that used before. 

The only reason I choose to hammer on the VTNL is because I knew it would give us less chances of a mislynch. 

Polyglot
Polyglot
We should also see who the doctor and tracker chose last night. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Alright, let’s talk about your claim.

How much research would you really have to do to understand such a role? It’s straightforward and would likely say everything in your PM. To say that you somehow breadcrumbed your role by saying that you needed to research it does not make any sense to me. It’s not complex at all. All that sounds like is an excuse for why you didn’t claim earlier.

Look at every other role claim thus far. I’m having suspicions of Pie’s claim now because it’s also an outlier for its complexity, but all of them are bog standard roles. BG, Vanilla, Tracker, Doc, Innocent Child. Not a single one stands out as rare or niche aside from yours. Maybe Disc will break that trend, but I think not.

Finally, let’s talk about how you played that. You claimed, then immediately VTNL’d, providing absolutely no time for discussion. If we had discussed it, there would have been the opportunity to test it by having you vote. If you had done that, and you were town, we could have been at the exact same point we are now early in DP2, except without the obvious choice of sussing you as we are now. We’d also still have Wylted, who was pretty unlikely to become the target of the lynch. That would have been better for POE than what we have now. And that’s how town would play this role: give your side the opportunity to discuss what to do with a role that has pretty clear negative town utility early on. This should be a policy claim, as far as I’m concerned. Instead, you did the one thing that you knew would make it impossible to test the role, since it would just end the game if we did now. Pray tell, how is any of this reasonable town play with this role? And why do you think there was any chance of a mislynch when there was no ongoing wagon with more than 1 person on it at any point in that DP?
Polyglot
Polyglot
If we had discussed it, there would have been the opportunity to test it by having you vote.
That wouldn’t work. I’m only killed if I don’t hammer each day phase. I rushed to hammer to make sure another person didn’t hammer. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Well, you just gave yourself away. This is what you said during the last DP:

I’m the Actor, and I only have the ability to hammer on the votes, otherwise I will be modkilled
That aligns with the role on mafiascum. Essentially, you can only vote if that vote is a hammer. If you vote any other time, you are modkilled. That makes sense. This:

I’m only killed if I don’t hammer each day phase. 
Is what you’re claiming now. It’s not the same, since you’re saying that you are now required to be the hammer on every lynch. I’ve never heard of that role. It’s certainly not the Actor, and someone who had spent 2 whole DPs researching that role would certainly know the difference. 

I still want to see Disc’s claim, but if I needed any other reason to lynch you, I just got it, and I can’t see any reason why I’d lynch anyone else over you.

VTL Poly
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I chose whiteflame. Have to reread the game
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Was actually surprised they didn’t target me, but their expectation that you or Pie would protect me would make the most sense of it. I’m also reading back through before I provide my results.
Polyglot
Polyglot
Based on Pie’s role I can see Earth taking some liberties at changing some roles slightly. But I’m fine with being lynched today if that would benefit town since I have no night abilities.

If there is only 1 scum then we won’t be losing anything and still have the opportunity to scope him out. But if there is 2 scum we must be sure to lynch correctly today 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
...Dude, at minimum, you should own that this issue was your mistake and not pass the buck to the mod. Presuming that the role description you just gave is the correct one, YOU gave the wrong one in DP2. That's on you, and that inconsistency (between two separate characterizations of your role that you gave) is glaringly obvious and clearly designed to give you some kind of defense against the argument I was making that you should have claimed earlier.

I'll also note that even the new claim would have been testable if you had claimed back in DP1, though by DP2, it would have likely just ended the game if we had chose to VTNL. I'll also note that this actually looks a lot worse for you because we were at VTNL-1 for an awfully long time during DP2 and you were on several times over that period. If I had chosen to hammer at any point over that period and your description is accurate, then the game would already be over and scum would have won. This claim makes you actively more anti-town than the original one.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
Going to need that role claim as soon as you get on
Okay sure. I am vanilla.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That checks out. I tracked you last night and was told you didn't go anywhere. It's possible that this is a fake claim and, if there are two scum, that you just didn't perform the NK. However, given the reality that we already have a vanilla, it's plausible that we have a second. Whatever behavioral reads I have on you are nowhere near sufficient for me to change my target this DP, and given that the only thing that we're missing is Pie's target, I feel like the lynch on Poly is a given at this point.
Earth
Earth
Vote Count

Polyglot (1/3) - Whiteflame 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Yeah after poly said actor... *eye roll*

VTL poly
Earth
Earth
Vote Count

Polyglot (2/3) - Whiteflame, Discipulus_Didicit 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
I feel like the lynch on Poly is a given at this point.
Yeah, you said earlier that actor is a scum roll... I am not 100% sure about that I think it is affiliation neutral but I am 100% sure that it does not do what poly says it does.
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It’s a town role. My wincon states I win with the town. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
From what I've read, it's often town-aligned when it exists, but it almost never exists in practice. It's so unheard of and impossible to prove that it's more often given as a fake claim than as an actual one. So even if he'd been consistent with it and hadn't immediately hammered after giving it, I'd still sus him. All of that just makes it all the more obvious.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Actually unvote

I am 100% for lynching poly but like whiteflame pointed out we still need to hear from pie, after that I am going to vote poly though.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
If you end up being town after all this, I still won't regret lynching you. I don't care if you're town or scum, this kind of play is just absurd.
Earth
Earth
Vote Count

Polyglot (1/3) - Whiteflame
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Reading through DP bow
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
What’s your justification?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
We should also see who the doctor and tracker chose last night. 
As the BG I chose WF last night
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Who did you track last night?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
That wouldn’t work. I’m only killed if I don’t hammer each day phase. I rushed to hammer to make sure another person didn’t hammer. 
That’s definitely not what you said lol