Total: 48
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@949havoc

949HAVOC,

YOUR CONTINUE RUNAWAY FROM BIBLICAL AXIOMS QUOTE, WHERE OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE SCARED!!!:  "Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't particularly like using the Bible as weapon. Appears you enjoy bashing, so, bash away; just don't expect me to play. Girly boy? Doesn't it take one to know one? Watch how you throw accusations, mister; it's like pissing into the wind. Call me whatever you like like; it fails to impress. I've heard worse."

You actually can state that when you personally can not address disturbing biblical axioms, other than to RUN AWAY from them in front of the membership, that this is considered by you to be a weapon for me to use? ROFLOL!!!  Surely you jest? Yes?  

1. Tell me Bible fool, how is it considered me bashing the Bible when I specifically QUOTE the Bible within context to Bible stupid fools like you?

2. You state that you do not want to play by me quoting the Bible in exactly what it says, and then you expect to be called a Christian???!  NOT! LOL!

3. You said I can call you whatever I want, and you've been called worse? Therefore, when you're been called "worse," there was obviously a reason for this fact, and as seen thus far, it is probably because you are just another BIBLE RUNAWAY pseudo-christian Bible fool where we will easily own you and your faith, just like we did with the now departed Bible inept FAUXLAW, and the current rendition of Tradesecret!

NEXT SCARED BIBLE RUNAWAY FOOL LIKE 949HAVOC WILL BE ... ?
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Words mean things. I didn't say I don't bash the Bible; I said I don't use it to bash, i.e., as a weapon, itself? Get it? Seems fools are best at accusing others of the same. Wear it, bub.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@949havoc

949HAVOC,

Here, let me try again to help you out.

PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS: The Bible inept pseudo-christian named 949HAVOC has ran away from a simple biblical axiom post as shown in the link below regarding Matthew 24:42: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6663/post-links/285793 

Therefore, as embarrassingly seen, he needs your help to save what face he has left within this prestigious forum. Please help him out, or take his place to address said post above relative to a "quick" return of Jesus.

Thanking you in advance at 949HAVOC'S expense. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@949havoc

I've made a debate challenge, but I see you do not engage there. Sorry, it's there, or nothing.

Then simply don't spout your opinion or ask your questions on  the open forum where they will be scrutinized, questioned,  and challenged.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
Tell you what:
You do your thing, I'll do mine. Fair enough? An open forum is exactly that: open.  I don't see the forum is "Stephen's Forum," and, until it is, I suggest your keep your personal rules to yourself.  Likewise, if I choose to turn a forum topic into a debate, even if it is not my thread, what policy prevents it? One of Stephen's? Nope, I did not sign-up on Stephen's DebateArt.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
Tell you what:
You do your thing, I'll do mine. Fair enough?

Yep. You post on an open forum and I will comment and or challenge your comment.  Good lad, your are beginning to understand that basics of a forum.

An open forum is exactly that: open.  

There, you see. In a nut shell.

I don't see the forum is "Stephen's Forum,"

It is "Stephen's" and it is everyone else's too. I was beginning to believe you understood this. 

forum

1. 1.
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Can be, not must be. So you acknowledge I am not compelled to respond as you insist. Yes, I understand this implicitly, and thanks, anyway, for the acknowledgement. Live by it, pls
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
forum

1. 1.

Can be, not must be.

Nope. That is what it is. 

So you acknowledge I am not compelled to respond as you insist.

I haven't insisted and you are not compelled. But if you "insists" on making claims then you should defend them with evidence when asked to do so or simply run the risk of  making yourself look as stupid and cretinous as you are coming across at this moment. Good luck with your "debate". 

Live by it, pls

I always do. 

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
Can be, not must be.
Obviously, "can be" implies a lack of consistent necessity, or it would be "must be" as I originally corrected based on what you said, yourself. But, since you also insist that I must always show evidence in forum of statements made, that's your schtick, and you're welcome to it. I happen to disagree that such is always a necessity, again, counting on "can be" as the guide. That's the open season of a public forum.

Whereas debate, which might as well be a different site, and is absolutely a different page, follows different rules of which you are obviously not adept with out of hand since you almost never engage it. Although I have not had an opportunity myself, on this site, I plan to make greater use of it than the forum.
FLRW
FLRW

Oh, sorry, I thought this forum was about Jesus and Mary Magdelene.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
But, since you also insist that I must always show evidence in forum of statements made, that's your schtick, and you're welcome to it.

NOPE! What I said was ; I haven't insisted and you are not compelled. But if you "insist" on making claims then you should defend them with evidence when asked to do so or simply run the risk of  making yourself look as stupid and cretinous as you are coming across at this moment. Good luck with your "debate". 

Simply stop replying to me if you are not going to support your claims with evidence when >>>>>>>ASKED<<<<<<< to do so. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
Oh, sorry, I thought this forum was about Jesus and Mary Magdelene.

Indeed, a thread started on the forum where he  says he will only discuss his comments and claims " in a debate", FLRW.   Is it any wonder this thread died a death with just one question.

9 days later

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
What the modern NT states is not the same as what a real JTB might have thought.

He might have thought, whose this fucking interloper stealing my thunder.

To assume a Messiah and a Baptist is one thing....But to claim that you can read their minds is pushing things a bit too far Trade.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
What the modern NT states is not the same as what a real JTB might have thought.
Says who? How do you know that the NT authors are not presenting the thoughts of JTB at the time? You don't know.  JTB never wrote a book, did he? These authors never spoke against him.  They seem to hold him in very high esteem.  What would be their motive to lie? 

He might have thought, whose this fucking interloper stealing my thunder.
I can see no reason why he would think that. And you have offered nothing but SPECULATION based on what? On the notion that the NT could not possibly reflect what JTB thought.  And you know this how? Because you had a time machine? Because you interviewed the authors.  

The fact is - and I use the word fact advisedly, is that the NT narratives paint a very good picture of John the Baptist. And if this is not accurate to what happened in real life, we can never really know.  Yet what we do know is HOW he is depicted in the NT narratives. And since it is the NT narratives we are discussing, speculation outside of the narratives is well - for want of a better word - irrelevant .  If however you have a source of information from the thoughts of John the Baptist, please disclose it for all of us to read. 

To assume a Messiah and a Baptist is one thing....But to claim that you can read their minds is pushing things a bit too far Trade.
I am not saying I can read minds Zed.  I am saying - let us look at the evidence presented in the NT narratives that we have. And that is all we are saying. Looking at the evidence.  And the evidence does not ANYWHERE present any idea that John thought he was the messiah and that he was jealous of Jesus.  Nowhere. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
My standpoint is always the same....It is only possible to speculate about 2000 year old events.

I propose nothing other than, you cannot read 2000 year old minds. 

It was you that initially proposed to know what JTB thought.

Primary thoughts and secondary narrative are two distinctly different things.....And the latter certainly does not validate the former.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Please keep in mind that Steven is an ancient alienist. He believes the gods were aliens that got on a ship and flew away. Any critique he has at the Bible is complete BS because he has his own woo woo he follows.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Woo woo. Lol!

350 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Lit
Christianity teaches that Jesus came when the fullness of time had come. What made the days of Jesus most suitable for his advent?
Remember Jesus was a jew. Jews were not known for using or applying astrology to pick the most appropriate time that aligned with the planets. 

The Magi Visit the Messiah 

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

King Herod was shocked it took Magi from the east to apply astrology to determine the time and place of Jesus’s birth.

Jesus therefore did not know when was an appropriate time to come.
Jesus picked a bad time because Israel was under Roman occupation. 
The Jews were desperate for a messiah to deliver them from the Roman occupation.
This might explain why Jesus’s ministry only lasted 3 years. The Jews ran out of patience when Jesus allowed the Roman’s to beat and ridicule him. That was not the messiah they were promised.

This might also be the reason Jesus did not commit to a return date. His knowledge of astrology never improve during his first visit.