Comedians Mafia DP1

Author: Lunatic

Total: 294
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I’m not going to sus drlebronski at the moment. Just knowing his meta, he does tend to claim without thinking. What surprises me is that he didn’t bother claiming his character also. Cause he usually he would full claim like what he did in the Pokémon mafia. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
I’m not going to sus drlebronski at the moment. Just knowing his meta, he does tend to claim without thinking. What surprises me is that he didn’t bother claiming his character also. Cause he usually he would full claim like what he did in the Pokémon mafia. 
Good catch. I townread you for this. Claims role but not character when previously he’s full claimed. Combined with the fact that he has been told multiple to not claim unless asked to, just makes this seem like something his scum partner would’ve told him to do to look like noob town.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@ILikePie5
Good catch. I townread you for this

big mistake. Poly is 100 scum. Mega scum slip, in the post you are town reading him for

VtL poly
Wylted
Wylted
let me show you what poly would have written that as town, and compare it to what he just wrote as scum.

I don't  sus drlebronski. His meta is to claim without thinking. It surprises me  that he didn’t  claim his character,  like he did in Pokémon mafia. 

Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
let me show you what poly would have written that as town, and compare it to what he just wrote as scum.

I don't  sus drlebronski. His meta is to claim without thinking. It surprises me  that he didn’t  claim his character,  like he did in Pokémon mafia. 
Huh ...??? Sounds like the exact same thing I said. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
@Polyglot
big mistake. Poly is 100 scum. Mega scum slip, in the post you are town reading him for

VtL poly
Yeah, I don't get this, either. I'm not sure what you're seeing as a scum slip, particularly as your restatement of his point really just slimmed it down and had him hedging a little less. Not sure why you'd see that as scummy.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
classic scum tell. As scum you are more self conscious, so you'll do things like be less concise. Particularly stretching out your sentences and it looks precisely like what you see above. Poly is scum. Now that poly knows I can basically soul read people in this game, when I am on, she'll be overthinking what she writes and you may see the opposite start to happen, instead of typing naturally. 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
This is his third or fourth game and in each we’ve told him not to claim.

I specifically remember telling him in my Roman Battles Mafia to not claim unless asked. I have an FoS on him at the moment.
If this is the case, his town meta is to claim regardless of what town is saying, how does this translate to him being scum? You just don't like his playstyle

Good catch. I townread you for this. Claims role but not character when previously he’s full claimed. Combined with the fact that he has been told multiple to not claim unless asked to, just makes this seem like something his scum partner would’ve told him to do to look like noob town.
If he's scum trying to adhere to a town meta, doesn't make sense that he would then not claim character too; makes more sense that he's town who decided that full claiming is bad after hearing not to do it over and over

"just gonna role claim now since i basically dont have a role"

That's consistent with what he said because he only claimed b/c he's vanilla

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What kind of analysis is that
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
classic scum tell. As scum you are more self conscious, so you'll do things like be less concise. Particularly stretching out your sentences and it looks precisely like what you see above. Poly is scum. Now that poly knows I can basically soul read people in this game, when I am on, she'll be overthinking what she writes and you may see the opposite start to happen, instead of typing naturally. 
This... isn't very convincing. If failing to be concise is a scum tell, then I would be scum every single game. I think what you're assuming here is that Poly was actively writing this to be less concise with the aim of stretching out his sentences and hedging more on what he said, but that assumption seems baseless to me. It's far more likely that this is just how Poly writes, whether as town or as scum. I saw him write like this in each of the last two games. It's not a particularly convincing way to make the case that someone should be sussed, but determining his alignment on this basis alone seems like reaching to me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
If this is the case, his town meta is to claim regardless of what town is saying, how does this translate to him being scum? You just don't like his playstyle
He hasn’t claimed without pressure yet. Even last game he claimed cause there were 3 votes on him

If he's scum trying to adhere to a town meta, doesn't make sense that he would then not claim character too; makes more sense that he's town who decided that full claiming is bad after hearing not to do it over and over
This doesn’t make sense. If someone tells you to not claim without pressure multiple times, you don’t claim without pressure. He did this time around. Why did he change his own meta is my question.

"just gonna role claim now since i basically dont have a role"

That's consistent with what he said because he only claimed b/c he's vanilla
That’s irrelevant to the discussion that he claimed in the first place when he hasn’t claimed at all in previous games without any pressure
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Wylted
This is weak reasoning. You’d have to be able to compare this with past scum Poly if you want to be more convincing with this.

The better option is Bron who has changed his meta completely.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I agree that the pattern of behavior from Bron is a little off here. I don't believe he's been Vanilla before, so perhaps he has a reason why he perceived the role as SOP, though it should have been pretty clear from previous games that that isn't the case. GP does this all the time, but Bron really doesn't. It's certainly odd behavior for him, but I'm having a hard time determining if it's something he would do as scum, or if it's just poor strategy.

VTL Bron

Mind explaining why you claimed without any pressure on you?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@drlebronski
The above should have been directed at you as well.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
I don't want it make it seem like I'm defending Bron's action, but I don't think he knows what an SOP claim is either.

And yeah, it is a bad strategy. Did it once as scum a while back and it didn't lead to a good ending
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Wylted is always so stuck on Polyglot for some weird reason and it hurts the game
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
@drlebronski
I don't want it make it seem like I'm defending Bron's action, but I don't think he knows what an SOP claim is either.
Good point. Bron, an SOP (standard operating procedure) claim is one that is usually seen as beneficial to give early on. A good example of this came in the last game: Disc claimed Miller in DP1 because doing so alerts the Cop that they will investigate guilty, but actually be innocent. Keeping that quiet can lead the Cop to push a mislynch. As you saw as well, there is some disagreement over whether such a claim is actually SOP, but Miller is one of the more common roles to claim early because there is potential utility in claiming early, whereas claiming Miller after you've been investigated is seen as scummy.

On the other hand, claiming Vanilla affords town largely negative utility. Vanillas could potentially be night killed by mafia, serving as buffers for power roles among town members. Claiming Vanilla, especially this early and without pressure, gives away important information to mafia (the pool of potential power roles is reduced) and gives you cover should you not be the target of the night kill ("they see no value in killing me, that's why I'm still alive"). The only potential benefit is that no one tries to protect you and they potentially have less reason to investigate you. All of these factors compound to make you look scummy because a) you made the PRs in this game more vulnerable and b) this kind of claim looks like it's giving you cover. I should know - I claimed it last game as scum, but not this early because I knew it would have immediately been sussed. The only reason why GP isn't getting sussed like this is that he does this all the time. His meta is to consistently claim in DP1 (though now that I look at it, the lack of a full claim from GP is surprising). For him, this reads as town, even if his strategy ends up hurting town in some instances.
Wylted
Wylted
Town sucks. I will explain in detail how to scum hunt behaviorally later. You guys try to catch scum with bad claim, results etc. And it's why you all suck. 

We should be able to catch scum through very tiny almost imperceptible slips. Because that is the type of slips scum make. 

I didn't say lack of concise wording is a scum tell. I was saying being too wordy is, especially with somebody like poly. There is no word to describe the behavior, but poly scum slipped. He is 100% scum and we should be lynching jim this dp
Wylted
Wylted
supa Is full of shit. I mostly ignore poly
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
I didn't say lack of concise wording is a scum tell. I was saying being too wordy is, especially with somebody like poly. There is no word to describe the behavior, but poly scum slipped. He is 100% scum and we should be lynching jim this dp
The rest of this is just griping about different play styles. This is all you’ve given to support your lynch.

A lack of concise wording is basically the same as being too wordy, so I don’t understand the distinction. I’m not sure what sets Poly apart in this, either. You say “especially with somebody like poly” but I don’t see any reason why he, specifically, is scummy for being wordier. I’m not even clear that he’s been wordier in this game. I’ve looked back over the last two games, one where he was scum and one where he was town, and I don’t see a distinct difference between them in terms of wordiness. So, yeah, I think you’re reaching with this reasoning, dude.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
VTL POLY
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Good contribution, GP. Always appreciate your in-depth analysis.
Wylted
Wylted
Is gp the only one that knows what the fuck hw is doing. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Greyparrot
Really don’t understand this wagon being formed against me. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Wylted
You are saying I’m 100% mafia because I didn’t paraphrase the way I read Lebronski’s meta. Please explain to me how that is scummy.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polyglot
it is simple. You are confirmed scum. Name your partner and I will not lynch you.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Really don’t understand this wagon being formed against me.
You’re not alone. Wylted doesn’t seem to want to justify it beyond saying “wordiness = scum” and GP is apparently just doing it to troll me, since I’m the one he chose to tag on that post. I wouldn’t worry about it, dude.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
He hasn’t claimed without pressure yet. Even last game he claimed cause there were 3 votes on him
Mb I thought you were saying that he had insta claimed in previous games like this one, in that case VTL Bron

Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Please explain how I am full of shit for not reading some bullshit about longer explanations = scum
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
I meant you were full of shit about me having a hard on for poly. I basically ignore poly most games