Shootings shmootings...

Author: keithprosser

Total: 99
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@disgusted
I really don't know why you keep bringing up ethan to me. If you're talking about the thread in the DART subforum, my irritation wasn't about who you attacked. It was more about the hypocrisy of saying someone's a troll when you troll all the time. It just really bugged me. And it was a cumulative buildup of watching you attack many people across many threads, not just one.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Castin
I attack their hypocrisy and lies, I attack thang sometimes but his brand of gross hypocrisy invites it and sometimes I've just got to let him have it. Purely for entertainment purposes.
Castin
Castin
-->
@disgusted
Have you considered that they're merely stating what they believe is true, not lying?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Castin
And when they are asked for proof that what they believe is true they lie. They really don't have a choice because of the indoctrination they have been subjected to, but when they are informed of that truth they lie again. I am a bearer of a truth they are to afraid to hear, I have no intention of sugar coating that message so they feel better about the fantasy they live.
Castin
Castin
-->
@disgusted
I think many of them genuinely believe and have faith. I think a lot of others are just going through the motions. But as you said, many are raised into those beliefs. Simply telling someone their beliefs are wrong cannot compete with everything they were taught in their entire childhood. It's not realistic to expect them to put 20+ years aside as soon as someone "informs" them they're wrong. Especially when the person "informing" them they're wrong is being an asshole. I don't agree with this "fight fire with fire" attitude. I don't think it helps anything, I think it makes it worse.

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Castin
I don't agree with this "fight fire with fire" attitude. I don't think it helps anything, I think it makes it worse.
I agree.

402 days later

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I think school shootings can be prevented by arming consenting teachers.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Nah. Father living in the home is more effective.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
Why not both?