Comedians mafia DP4

Author: Lunatic

Total: 72
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Dead players

Drlebronski- Louis CK- Vanilla- Town (Lynched DP1)

iLikePie5- ????- ????- ???? (Killed NP1)

Speedrace- George Carlin - Jailkeeper- Mafia(Lynched DP2)

Wylted- Dave Chappelle- Tracker- Town (Killed NP2)

Evilgenius- You are Bill Cosby! You are a comedian from the 80’s who was pretty family friendly and was widely known. You even had your own television show called “The Cosby Show”. However after being arrested in 2015 after multiple allegations of sexual assault arose, you quickly were cancelled, and will probably never do comedy again. You are thus vanilla, and may use your voice and your vote to contribute to the game. You win with the town. (Lynched DP3)

No one died in the night.

Living Players

1. Whiteflame
2. Polyglot 
3. Supadudz
4. greyparrot

With 4 players it takes 3 votes to achieve a lynch!

Day phase  4 will end 9/9/21 @  11:30 AM CST. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@whiteflame
@Polyglot
dp4!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I targeted Whiteflame last night
Vader
Vader
I’m on my phone and need to go get batteries from the store for my PC. On my phone now but gonna give some analysis
Vader
Vader
The keyboard
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, going to take this DP nice and slow for now. Didn't want the last one to end that quickly, but that was my mistake - shouldn't have put my vote down on anyone until I was entirely decided.

I'm largely going to start from scratch here because I feel like I've missed something in the previous couple of DPs. Clearly, my theory was wrong as well, so while I am considering the theme split, I'm becoming increasingly aware of how difficult it may be to discern, so I'm not going to rely on that.

We supposedly have two PRs still left in this game. Much as I can understand being the target of the NK during during the last NP as the sole town confirmed player, that's surprising. It's particularly surprising that we still have a Watcher in the game.

Poly, who did you target during the last NP and what is the justification for your role?

I'm also thinking about the circumstances that led to no NKs during the last NP. That might be because Supa Doc'd me, though I'll note as well that that would mean that scum is out of whatever role (most likely Strongman) that allowed them to kill Wylted during the last NP. That is possible, especially if we consider that they have a number of shots that they have already spent. The problem I have there is that we have two PR's (the scum Janitor and the town Tracker) that have already been flipped and neither of them have a specific number of shots. Supa's claim that he Doc'd me reads as convenient to me.

Right now, GP's the only one I'm not strongly considering, though I'm looking back through the last 2 DPs to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
im not scum lol...its either poly or supa, unless inno child can be scum
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
i'm leaning to supa tho as scum...he never did say who his targets were every np
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
also we can no lynch if you really want to but it's likely they will just kill me or you
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
i'm leaning to supa tho as scum...he never did say who his targets were every np
I've got my theories, though I'd like to see both Poly and Supa respond to my post before I lay my thoughts out fully. I have a theory as to how the NP played out and why, but I'd like to see it verified.

And no, the Innocent Child is the only role that is 100% locked into being town. To change that would be a pretty awful move from Luna.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
It's fine, i'll let you lead the train like last time
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I did though you just weren't paying attention
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
now is not the time to be snippy
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm just correcting a lie you said is all
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
You do have to note that Janitors are typically 1x, so it's very likely mafia might have a 1x of Strongman too
Vader
Vader
Also by POE I think it's Poly

VTL Poly

If Grey is scum, GG wp. Whiteflame is confirmed. It's between me and Poly
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
No you are not. Corrections would go as follows..

1) On NP1 I targeted x
2) On NP2 I targeted x
3) On NP3 I targeted x
4) On NP4 I targeted x

But I guess scum gonna scum.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Ah, I believe I misread that. The flip does say 1X, so yes, it is plausible that the Strongman is also 1X.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Alright, going to take this DP nice and slow for now. Didn't want the last one to end that quickly, but that was my mistake - shouldn't have put my vote down on anyone until I was entirely decided.

I'm largely going to start from scratch here because I feel like I've missed something in the previous couple of DPs. Clearly, my theory was wrong as well, so while I am considering the theme split, I'm becoming increasingly aware of how difficult it may be to discern, so I'm not going to rely on that.
I think it's a losing game to try to get a theme split at this point in time
We supposedly have two PRs still left in this game. Much as I can understand being the target of the NK during during the last NP as the sole town confirmed player, that's surprising. It's particularly surprising that we still have a Watcher in the game.

Poly, who did you target during the last NP and what is the justification for your role?

I'm also thinking about the circumstances that led to no NKs during the last NP. That might be because Supa Doc'd me, though I'll note as well that that would mean that scum is out of whatever role (most likely Strongman) that allowed them to kill Wylted during the last NP. That is possible, especially if we consider that they have a number of shots that they have already spent. The problem I have there is that we have two PR's (the scum Janitor and the town Tracker) that have already been flipped and neither of them have a specific number of shots. Supa's claim that he Doc'd me reads as convenient to me.
This is why I think Poly is scum. We have no idea what Pie was and since he can't claim what his role actually was. Not to mention he claimed Watcher, when we have a tracker already, which I find somewhat suspicious. 

This is the thing, I claimed Doctor before Pie died and such and he did not counter claim me, therefore we are making the assumption that I am the only protective role in the game. I think the odds of me being Doc are higher than the odds of there being two tracking based roles in the game. 

Right now, GP's the only one I'm not strongly considering, though I'm looking back through the last 2 DPs to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I did that but in separate posts.

DP2: I said I targeted whiteflame randomly
DP3: I said I targeted Wylted 1 or 2 posts in roughly 30 seconds after I said I was RB'd
DP4: Immideately said I doc'd whiteflame

Fair enough on DP3. But you're gonna let one mistake dictate that. I also claimed Doc DP1 and went un CC'd by Pie, the only one whose role we don't know. Think
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Also to point out, Poly was continuously asking why someone thinks they are a PR for about 3 pages before claiming in DP2
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
I also claimed Doc DP1 and went un CC'd by Pie, the only one whose role we don't know. Think

Good point considering Luna rarely gives out safe claims.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
Ok here is what I got.

post 272 is a hardclaim Doctor on DP1 but what's so amazingly weird is that Supa softclaimed on post 172!!!... I doubt scum would just do that purposefully.

And looking on DP1 post #149, I find it hard to believe Speedrace would play hard bus on DP1. Speed also tried to deflect from poly subtly.

Thoughts?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Ok here is what I got.

post 272 is a hardclaim Doctor on DP1 but what's so amazingly weird is that Supa softclaimed on post 172!!!... I doubt scum would just do that purposefully.

And looking on DP1 post #149, I find it hard to believe Speedrace would play hard bus on DP1. Speed also tried to deflect from poly subtly.

Thoughts?
Beneficial information. There's a lot I'm still thinking on here, though I'll note that Poly softclaimed his character in his first post in DP1:

Hey guys. Love comedy and jokes. This should be fun. A joke is just like a paintbrush.
That's a line from Andrew Shulz. I will note that, of all the characters claimed in this game, he's also the only one I've never heard of before now. Could still be a valid pick - my lack of knowledge about comedians certainly shouldn't be the standard by which we select who is scum - but that paired with the fact that he is a Watcher (I don't find it super odd that we have two investigative roles) who has never been the target of the NK certainly stands out to me. The back and forth with Wylted also spoke to trying to protect his identity perhaps more than he should have.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I'm much more convinced poly is scum over supa after looking at DP1 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Especially the roleclaim slip on post 172. I have NEVER seen scum do that on dp1 ever.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
There are other factors as well. Being RB'd two rounds in a row with a claimed Doc on the board seems a little odd when Poly hadn't claimed, though perhaps that was just a bit of POE on their part. Even stranger, knowing that they were going to Janitor Pie, scum chose to risk the possible Doc on him rather than risk the unknown PR from Poly. It's one thing to know you can get through the Doc with a Strongman and using your RB elsewhere, quite another to use the Janitor and just hope for the best with the one role you know can stop it.
Lunatic
Lunatic
What do you call a fly without wings? A walk!

polyglot- 1/3- Supadudz
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Regardless, I'll let you continue Sherlock WF.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Mainly just waiting on Poly to answer those questions. Could shift my perspective depending on how he answers.