Comedians mafia DP4

Author: Lunatic

Total: 72
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I watched greyparrot last night and no one visited him. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
My justification as watcher is that Andrew Schultz is great at roasting the crowd. He has a good skill of looking, watching, and surveying the crowd and finding his next needed person to roast. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
Is it ever possible for scum to choose not to kill someone?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
@Polyglot
I watched greyparrot last night and no one visited him. 
...Why GP? Honestly, this is the most sus this you've said so far. I was the obvious target for the NK, perhaps with you as the other plausible target. At minimum, if you were town, you could have verified that Supa had or hadn't Doc'd me. Picking GP just seems like an easy cop out so that you can say that nothing happened to him, which would have been the obvious assumption.

My justification as watcher is that Andrew Schultz is great at roasting the crowd. He has a good skill of looking, watching, and surveying the crowd and finding his next needed person to roast. 
I'll come back to this.

Supa, could you paraphrase your justification? I want to check something.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Is it ever possible for scum to choose not to kill someone?
Yes. Wouldn't be the first time it had happened.
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@whiteflame
I never thought scum would go after you since you are the only confirmed player. My thoughts were they would either go after me or greyparrot. Honestly, I kind of put you out of my mind after Lunatic confirmed you and started looking at other potential scums and potential townies. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Ok I am now confident it's Poly is scum. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
My justification was that before I did stand up comedy, I was a physician where later, I would play a doctor in a TV series
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
There was also more to that just dragged on but I gave the main justification
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Vader
And why are you so confident about that?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Polyglot
Because the logic makes absolutely no sense. You can watch 2 people

1. An un CC'd Doctor
2. A confirmed town person

These 2 are viable options but instead you choose a Vanilla, a decision that...

1. Provides no utility. Why would scum visit a vanilla player? To frame them maybe but why wouldn't they have done so earlier

2. Scum tend to provide baseless information if they claim a Power role

You're investigation provides no utility to us when we are at MYLO
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Vader
Well if I think that you are scum then that leaves the viable options as Whiteflame or Greyparrot (Not watching myself). 

If scum(you) had killed greyparrot that would have left me, Supa, and Whiteflame. And I’m sure you would have left the last day phase to convince Whiteflame to mislynch me which you are doing now. 
Polyglot
Polyglot
I admit it is a bit of tunneling on Supa, but that’s why I chose greyparrot. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Polyglot
Well if I think that you are scum then that leaves the viable options as Whiteflame or Greyparrot (Not watching myself). 

If scum(you) had killed greyparrot that would have left me, Supa, and Whiteflame. And I’m sure you would have left the last day phase to convince Whiteflame to mislynch me which you are doing now. 
Much as that logic makes some sense to me (at least insofar as eliminating Supa as a potential target), I'm still not quite sure why you'd do this. Scum had two potential targets between GP and me. One of us is absolutely guaranteed to be town, the other at least has some room for uncertainty. One of us has been actively leading lynches, the other has been acting more in a supporting capacity (no shade at GP - Innocent Child is supposed to do this). I honestly can't remember a game where the Innocent Child wasn't dead before the last DP, and while there are incentives for NKing someone who is not the most town confirmed at this late stage, I can't see how scum would come to the conclusion that it's better to keep me alive than it is to keep GP alive at this point.

All that being said, I'm not quite sure why scum would pretend that GP was their selection. You could have just said that you targeted me and saw no one visit. It's just a weird choice all around, but it's hard to view it as obviously scummy.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
I think it's only scummy because he could've confirmed that I did in fact visit whiteflame but instead went with someone else who was probably not a NK target
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@Polyglot
The other thing that stands out to me is the justification. I'll rope in Wylted's since he was the other PR, but look at the four of our claims side-by-side:

Wylted's justification: Because you keep track of what’s going on in the world and aren’t just absorbed into the comedy scene, you are the tracker! Each night you can track a player to see who they visit.

Mine (paraphrased): You are largely immune to cancel culture and will remain iconic as a comedian.

Poly's (presumably paraphrased): Andrew Schultz is great at roasting the crowd. He has a good skill of looking, watching, and surveying the crowd and finding his next needed person to roast. 

Supa's (paraphrased): My justification was that before I did stand up comedy, I was a physician where later, I would play a doctor in a TV series

Aside from Poly's justification, the rest of these mention the link to the role. They don't emphasize it. Only Poly's goes through the extra effort of providing two synonyms to bring the point home. Honestly, if it had stopped at the first sentence, I'd have an easier time buying his claim.

There's just a lot of discrepancies in Poly's claim and behavior that stand out. I was really only sussing Supa based on his behavior early in the game, but Speed sussed him decently hard (saying we should lynch him in the next DP if he's not dead during that NP) in a way that looked distinctly different from his normal bussing, the Doc role just makes more sense and was claimed early enough that it would have been incredibly risky for scum to fake, and the lack of a night kill supports the notion that scum tried to kill me and failed. I do think it's odd that scum sought to kill me at all since I was the obvious target (maybe they thought Supa would Doc himself or something), but right now, that's the only thing keeping me from locking in a VTL on Poly.

I'd like thoughts from GP before I proceed, but I'll also be considering this for a while longer myself.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
I think it's only scummy because he could've confirmed that I did in fact visit whiteflame but instead went with someone else who was probably not a NK target
I think it’s valid to say that he chose poorly. I think it’s also valid to say that it’s neither a good move to fake nor one to have actually done, so it’s either a poor fake move by scum or a poor town move.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
It’s a poor move in general but it also begs the question if he’s lying and actually visited you that means he scum. He wouldn’t tell the truth because he’d reveal he’s scum because of the viability of my claim versus their claim
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
post 172 just keeps coming back and haunting me telling me scum supa would never do that in a game where there are no safe roles.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, the evidence I've seen stacks up against Poly. Post #75 from Poly still bugs me, since I've never seen Poly play this coy as scum before. The extremely early character claim is also uncharacteristic for him. The former I can explain as coaching from Speed, but the latter is a move I really wouldn't anticipate from Poly and probably happened on a whim if it's a fake claim.

If Supa really is scum here, then my hat is off to him because he set this up exceedingly well. I'm still mistrusting myself, but I don't think my view of what's happened up until now will change, so if I'm wrong, then so be it.

VTL Poly
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Unless you can convince me Speed would HARD bus supa on DP1 while defending poly.....

I just don't see it as likely and if speed did this...then Mafia deserve the win for such a ridiculously long shot play

VTL POLY
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
GG regardless. Wanna spoil it for us?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
Right there with you.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Teehee ;)
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
Win
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Sounds like you got us. GG.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
@whiteflame
Scum win
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Damn, that was a ballsy claim dude. Especially after seeing you claim Doc as scum not too long ago. Gut said I should vote against you, but went with my head on this one.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

polyglot- 3/3- Supadudz, whiteflame, greyparrot

Endgame coming shortly.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
GG wp. We had a role that allowed to choose the roles that town had. We had 5 options and chose the one with no cop and no protective. Pie was a Friendly Neighbor