TheUnderdog
-->
@Reece101
Damn, you said the n word.  It's funny.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
@RM

I don't understand why people living in shithole ghettos would get the N word pass and not billionaires, unless your implying that black people are inheritely poor.
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
That is what was true when the term was used abusively in its origin and that is the connotation.

Eminem has suffered as they have, economically speaking and has been a true part of black culture via hiphop.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Nigger like so many words has it's origins in the Latin language.

Therefore in it's "origin" was never abusive.

It is more likely therefore that it was originally regarded as an abusive term, rather than intended as an abusive term.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
The origins of all guilty humans of rape is further up their family tree at some point an innocent human who didnt rape.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Je ne comprends pas.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Digging into innocent origins has fuck all to do with the actual act or usage of the thing as we know and recognise it.

The first time 'n****r' was used properly in the context of our language, and for thousands upon millions of times after that, it was used to degrade, humiliate and abuse black people who at the time were first enslaved and later were poor and oppressed regardless of their superficial freedom from bondage.

You could essentially think of the entire thing as bdsm without the sex and with absolutely 0 consent in a very verbal-degrading kink like way where in the current situation the only time blacks even somewhat consent to it is when other black people use it without hard R and definitely no racist intent behind the term.

If that is too hard to understand, then you're not fit to be debating context.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, some would say improperly.

Odd that you should refer to it as proper use.

You spoke of origins and I informed you of the origins of the "N" word.

So, if one progresses through the subsequent  sequence of usage, it is just as likely that it's fall from grace was brought about not by the offender, but by the offended.

Like golliwog, never intended to be abusive.....Just representative of reality........But deemed abusive by the offended.....Which can just as rightly be regarded as racism.....Though popularly, racism for some only means a one way transaction.....Hypocrisy I would suggest.

Typically you have missed the point and flown off the emotive handle.....I was merely discussing origins, rather than music industry sub-culture.

And rape and BDSM have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the point I was making.....So if you wish to discuss context, then stay on track.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Rape isnt bdsm. I did stay on track by the bdsm analogy. Raceplay kink exists as does humiliation kink. I know precisely what I am talking about and how consent matters.

The signiicant majority of people, black or nit, feel disgust and offence at the N-word being spoken by a white person. We can pretend it is not the case or logic our way out of it or we can respect the limit most have and that it isnt necessary to hurt their feelings.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Black people say nigga even outside of the music industry.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
People choose to create disgust and offence, that's the undeniable sequence of data transfer, modification and response, and it is done for a specific reason.

Such behaviour has become a very powerful discriminatory counter-weapon.

Nigga Nigger, same difference, same Latin roots.

Call me whitey or alba....See if I care.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
People don't want truth they want to be told that what they believe is true. "Political Narratives"

On this I agree with you Sadolite, at least to some degree.  In some lab experiments, the placebo effect is real 10% of those given false information about the pills they were given and they believe it enough that they respond as if the pills based on what they were told, not that the pills were neither a stimulant or a depressant.

Often times people do not know what to believe, so they look tho those in authority  ---doctors, police, president, scientists, etc--- to tell them the truth.

A failure to communicate is one thing, but a failure to communicate truth is another.  This thread appears to express some of both very clearly.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Nigger like so many words has it's origins in the Latin language.

Derogatory term not to be used by people who are not black because it is insensitive to do so. 

Even older culture blacks do not like to other blacks using that word, but those blacks do not grasp that the use of the word by blacks, to each other, is a way of preparing them for the use of such derogatory terms by non-blacks, ergo, so as they do not so easily explode over hearing themselves being addressed in such a derogatory manner by non-blacks and especially police.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Older culture blacks....Hmmmmmm.

Older culture will learn from newer culture as newer culture will learn from older culture......Applies to all skin tone and ethnic variation.

And given the immediacy of technological info, it's unlikely that there will be many "older culture" still in the dark. (Pardon the expression).

And generations do not hang about for hundreds of years anyway......Silver surfing and all that......Most are up to speed.

My 86 year old Mother in Law is suitably techno literate.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
My 86 year old Mother in Law is suitably techno literate.
Is she black?

Derogatory term not to be used by people who are not black because it is insensitive to do so. 

As a child my mother would say, I dont have anything against them, I just dont want them in my house.

This is after I brought over a black friend from junior high school in maybe 8th or 9th grade, I forget.

My mother and ancestors were from deep south. She always said she believed she had a great great grandmother that was indian. That may
have been true, however, when I did my 23and me DNA testing, there were know indian ancestro found. That could be because not enough in that partilular database.  Ancestry.com had twice the sized datatbase at that time.

My test did find that there was evidence of 0.4 Congolese in my ancestry.  Suprise for man deep USA southerners, tho it shouldnt be. The sex force is strong luke skywalker.

Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
We skate to one song and one song only. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
A Zedku for Bones.

Skating.

Tried it once,

Didn't like it.

Concentrating too hard,

On staying upright.

Never heard the song.

127 days later

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
No amount of "Trump never said the n-word" cancels out the fact that he sides with hategroups.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Lair77
No amount of "Trump never said the n-word" cancels out the fact that he sides with hategroups.
There is no doubt Trump is a white nationalist and racist. But he is better at dividing white people. Look at the way he has divided the two political parties Democrats and Republicans when both parties are majority white.