when will jesus return?

Author: BigPimpDaddy

Total: 207
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Tradesecret
I really don't understand you spending so much time replying to people who basically just ask the same things over and over and over again and just basically insult you the whole time they're doing it. They're here because they actually get to engaged with us and that's what they want they want to vent their hate and anger on you so they don't do it to their loved ones you shouldn't be there patsy.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
they want they want to vent their hate and anger 

Would be nice nice if you produce some of this "venting of hate and anger" Witch? I have asked a very learned man some simple basic theological questions that he, all of sudden, declines to answer while inviting his university students to question him on all things god and religion. I personally cannot fathom out his reluctance to oblige given the FACT that he claims to be a Pastor and a Chaplain, can you, Witch?

Maybe you can help him out. Tell me , Witch, why did it take a torturous blood sacrifice of a man to cleans the world of "sin"? Why didn't the all powerful god of the Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete simply order sin to be gone from the world for all of us  and tell us all that all sin has been forgiven.

You have been following this thread I assume, Witch?

Here, you are in case you are too lazy to catch up:

Tradesecret wrote: Sin is the issue for a Holy God.  It is what separated humanity from God. It is why Jesus died on the cross. God's solution to the world's problems is to deal with sin. That is what he has done through Jesus.  #119

So when you are ready, Witch off you go.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
You ask the same stupid questions every post it's the same thing no matter what's posted atheists come in and post the same bull crap over and over again you have no interest in discussion you are just here to harass people you are just here to vent your anger cuz you can't do it on people you know personally so you do it to strangers on the internet. And I'm not answering Bible questions I'm not a f****** Christian I'm not answering f****** Christian questions if I don't want to pick up the goddamn book and read it yourself, do it.  Supposedly you are smarter than us you figure it out and if you know more than us why are you arguing with us about it cuz you're not going to change his opinion about it we don't give a s***.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 atheists come in and post the same bull crap over and over again.

I don't believe I do that at all, Witch. Unless I think my question has been missed then I may repost it.. 

why are you arguing with us about it.

"us"? from she that spits;

I'm not a f****** Christian I'm not answering f****** Christian questions

Like most things, Witch, the fact that this is a sub forum to discuss and argue points on god and the scriptures seems to have gone clean over your wide brimmed conical head gear. 

just here to vent your anger 

So you keep saying, but no one here to my knowledge vents their venom more than yourself especially towards men. Your own misandry is renown. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
The forum is about religion. I don't have to discuss any gods I don't want to or any holy books I don't want to. And I'm not discussing anything with people that don't give a crap anyway you're just here to tell everybody that they're mentally ill and that they're illogical and that they're stupid and that you hate them so just quit. I have no problem telling the female atheist the same thing I tell you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The forum is about religion.

And I have created almost 100 threads all about that very subject.

I don't have to discuss any gods I don't want to or any holy books I don't want to.

No you don't. But what else should one be expected to discuss on a religion forum, Witch? Numismatics, balloon modelling perhaps?

I have no problem telling the female atheist the same thing I tell you.

I can believe that. Considering women that dislike, hates and despises  other women are also known as misogynist too.

And I'm not discussing anything with people that don't give a crap

That you only believe "don't give a crap" is what your trying to say, aren't you?  And the simple reply to that is ; then don't discuss. I didn't drag you to this thread kicking and screaming, Witch. You came of your own free will just like everyone else here on this thread and this forum.

anyway you're just here to tell everybody that they're mentally ill and that they're illogical and that they're stupid that you hate them so just quit. 

Stop being so dramatic. Leave the thread if it or I upset you so much..... and I can admit to hating only one person in the whole of my life that I have known personally. Where as you you simply hate any faceless person on the www that gets up your big, bent witches hooter .

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Because Poly.

The same stupid questions.
Always get the same stupid answers.

If you're going to promote fantastical ideologies.....You need to be able to back them up with something more substantial than Middle Eastern folk tales and myth.

So Poly....Just unequivocally prove the existence of a specific GOD.....And I expect that Stephen will stop asking "stupid questions".

And you obviously do give a s***.......Because you continually respond with angry rants.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
And I expect that Stephen will stop asking "stupid questions".

Like, how did both Mary and Joseph manage to lose their young son for a whole day before noticing he was even missing? It took them tree days to find him.... all the way back in Jerusalem. And didn't even give him a clip around his royal head.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Perhaps GOD hypnotised them.

Or they'd been on a bender the night before.

I'm sure Poly knows.

Though Joe was clearly a bit stupid.

And Mary....Well we know the sort of thing Mary liked to get up to.

So perhaps Mary spent the day with a "GOD".

And left stupid Joe in charge of the boy.

Anyone's guess really Stephen.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Same stupid questions, same stupid comments. Remember to tell all the theists in your life that you love them even though you can't respect them. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4

Though Joe was clearly a bit stupid.

I think he wised up eventually to what had gone on though, Vic lad. He, but for one mention after the birth of the runaway son, disappears from scripture altogether.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I love you Poly.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Well you're probably aware of how I view the integrity of translated and transcribed folk tales.

Thor and his hammer and all that sort of stuff.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Same stupid questions, same stupid comments.

Look at it this way, Witch. Do you not think the story of the boy god missing for a whole day without the mother at least noticing he was not in their company to be  somewhat stupid?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Thanks Poly,

I appreciate the sentiment.  Sometimes I get frustrated by the repetition and at other times I like to engage as well. 

Yes, it can get tiresome, but I also feel at times a duty to ensure that both side of a discussion get an airing. 

Mostly, it really does not bother me.  Yet admittedly at other times it becomes draining. 

Still, I appreciate your sentiments. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Lazarus really died. Jesus used him in a parable - the one about heaven and Hell. Although Jesus referred to Paradise. Or Abraham's bosem. 

He died - and went to heaven.  His master died and went to Hell. 

No second chances Stephen.  It is only while you have breath that hope is possible. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Jesus told us in the story of Lazerus and the rich man, that even if a man arose from the dead it would not help people to believe.

There is NOTHING I can do or provide that will make you believe. 

You don't even believe in sin - so why would you believe he died for you? 

What is sin?  

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
What is sin?

I suppose it's an assumption that something is intrinsically wrong.

I am of the opinion that anything that can occur is intrinsically possible.

And sin, assumptions, wrong and beliefs are human data constructs relative to human data constructs.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
What is sin?

I suppose it's an assumption that something is intrinsically wrong.

I am of the opinion that anything that can occur is intrinsically possible.

And sin, assumptions, wrong and beliefs are human data constructs relative to human data constructs.
So you don't actually know? 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
The same stupid questions.
Always get the same stupid answers.

If you're going to promote fantastical ideologies.....You need to be able to back them up with something more substantial than Middle Eastern folk tales and myth.

So Poly....Just unequivocally prove the existence of a specific GOD.....And I expect that Stephen will stop asking "stupid questions".

And you obviously do give a s***.......Because you continually respond with angry rants.
Her point is valid though.  Atheists do come in and ask the same questions over and over again. There is nothing new under the sun.  Atheists don't have the ability to take an answer and think it through. That is why they keep repeating them over and over again. Some theists do it too.  

The irony of a religious forum where the atheist comes in swaggering like he knows everything is not lost on most people.  But the next time an atheist comes up with something new - and unasked question - will be the first time. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
As I clearly stated.

The same old questions.....The same old religious baloney.....You cannot prove the existence of your specific GOD....Therefore I do not need to ask anything further.

So what more do you expect.

Or has someone recently added a few extra chapters to the bible (with grid references) without letting on to us "swaggering" atheists.

I just asked my wife if I swaggered a lot.

And she said, not that she had noticed.

So jibe for jibes sake.

If atheists swagger.

Then theists gasconade.

To gasconade is a bit like a swagger, but with a more ostentatious rolling of the buttocks and pouting of the lips.

Trade....."Moves like Jagger".
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Yet here you are running your mouth. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Never quite know who you are referring to Poly.

Nonetheless.

If we didn't "run our mouths", our screens would be blank.

And you're certainly adept at running your own mouth.

"Ignorant pieces of crap" is one such example that springs to mind.

And just as I swagger.

So does Trade strutt his stuff.

And I imagine you, dancing naked around a sacrificial alter, in a voodooesque frenzy.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
@zedvictor4
The irony of a religious forum where the atheist comes in swaggering like he knows everything 

Not to mention the theist that "swaggers in" preening himself and parading all his qualifications and accreditations, in the false belief that these imagined qualifications and accreditations put him  at a higher ` holier than thou ` level than others...... on this forum. 

Have a guess who that is, Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete?

"I study the original languages, translate them to English",  #25

"I have my Hebrew teacher" #45

"But in my role as a pastor - which I also do, I counsel in pastoral care.  And yes, I am qualified by certified colleges with proper accreditation.  I am also a chaplain to our Countries Defence forces, a position I could not have without proper qualifications".  #20

"I do  understand Orthodoxy. I studied and was tutored by academics, scholars, and priests and fathers from the Orthodox Church". #91

"I counsel all of my clients never to answer yes or no. Why would I not take my own advice? Life is more complex than black and white - yes and no answers". #15

" I am a lawyer" #20

Some serious swaggering going on there, me thinks, Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete.  Yet you admit that is all you really do at the end of the day  is:

" I  merely pass on the teaching of what i have received."    #20

You are a bible ignorant clown and you should add that to all of your other imagined "qualifications and accreditations".

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
That's because you are a misogynist with no clue what is real or false. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Could you clarify that statement for me.

289 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Tradesecret
When will Jesus return? 
Same questions asked by the disciples in Matthew 24.
Matthew 24:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

It depends how you interpret the term "coming"?

The Lord comes - or is coming is an OT reference to judgment.  Not necessarily to a literal appearance or return.

Many passages in the OT and the NT refer to the Lord's coming - in judgment and there are many other passages that refer to the return of the Lord Jesus.

The two are not necessarily the same thing. And when the two are conflated - then things get messy.

The same as when people talk of the last days or the latter days or the last Day.

What particular day are they are talking of - in relation to what particular event or covenant?

I suggest that Jesus' judgment - his coming occurred in AD 70 - at the destruction of Jerusalem. But I would not relate that to his second coming - which is talking about his return to collect his bride.

The covenant between Israel and God - came to an end definitely at AD 70.  It started to end at Jesus' death.  Between Jesus' death and the destruction of Jerusalem is approximately 40 years - one generation.  This is what Jesus referred to in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 22.  Jesus came - in judgment at Jerusalem within that generation - just as he predicted.

It was not a literal coming - it was a judgment coming - and is similar to nature to every time the Lord came in the OT with many judgments over many nations including Israel.

I think his second return however will not occur yet. I think he is going to return to collect his bride. The church. When she is fully grown up and mature - and ready to be a wife. At the moment the church acts like a petulant child or teenager.  She doesn't know whether she is Arthur or Martha.  She is all over the place - like a scatty teenager in puberty.  Not yet ready to meet her Lord and Husband.
Jesus makes it clear why he will return the second time.
John 14:2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”