Why do you still raise Trump as an issue?

Author: 949havoc

Total: 69
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
Some of you; you know who you are, inject Trump into a string having naught to do with him. Hint: He is no longer the President. He is no longer your boogey man. But, you're so woke, you still think the subject is relevant, which is one reason why I accuse being woke, as being completely unconscious. You just cannot move on. Why?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Trump is the new Hitler. If you can't win an argument, invoke Trumpler.

Godwin's law evolved.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@949havoc
Because he cannot move on, and neither can the Republican Party.

The vast majority of republican voters believe his complete BS lie that he won the election, it’s literally the biggest issue in republican politics right now.

Trump continually polls better than any other republican. If the primaries was today he’d win the nomination, and we all know he plans to run again. He literally just did a rally today.

Bill Maher sums up the threat that is Trump pretty nicely: https://youtu.be/7cR4fXcsu9w

As far as why we inject him into other topics… most of it is out of the sheer audacity of Trumpers attacking Biden or others in areas where Trump was objectively multiple times worse, like on divisiveness for example.

Trump wasn’t a politician coming into this so he was never judged like one, even though he was literally in the highest position on politics. Anyone who supported him while talking trash about anyone else is just absurd. Trump was the dumbest, most childish, most narcissistic, ignorant, vile, lunatic we have ever seen in politics. If you can’t acknowledge how bad he was there is no point in conversing any further, you have clearly lost sense of reality.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Cause he lives in their heads rent free. Buyer’s remorse is definitely high among voters. Trump wins NV, GA, AZ, PA, MI, WI, MN, NH if election was held today.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@949havoc
He is not your secret keeper or CIA agent, so why care about us talking about it? We are still talking about Woodrow Wilson and George Washington, right?
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@949havoc
Some of you; you know who you are, inject Trump into a string having naught to do with him. Hint: He is no longer the President. He is no longer your boogey man. But, you're so woke, you still think the subject is relevant, which is one reason why I accuse being woke, as being completely unconscious. You just cannot move on. Why?
Normally either in the context of pointing out how the people who supported him are colossal, unmitigated hypocrites but pointing out the things they supported that they are now complaining about; eg “you guys kept talking about Hilary Clinton for years, right”; or to point out his continued impact, on his supporters in terms of current events.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Double_R
most of it is out of the sheer audacity of Trumpers attacking Biden or others in areas where Trump was objectively multiple times worse, like on divisiveness for example.
Wait, is that actually a thing people attack Biden on? There are so many actual things one could say about him that I find it odd someone would feel the need to make up something silly like that.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@ILikePie5
Strong man Putin  { Mafia-Ganster } polls well in Russia >

..> Strong man want-a-be, Trumpet-cult leader and Putin loves and admirers Putin

....> Trumpeteer lackeys admire and love strong men  >

......> Religous-cult, Putin/Trumpet zealots act out wreaking havoc, chaos and insurrections in USA

.......>  Religous-cult zealots of strong men commit virtual rape of pregnant women

.........> Religous-cult zealots mostly racist, bigots with white priviledge looking for whites only Earth

.......> STOP-the-Steal is largest lie ever created by most immoral president ever

....> Prison-time justice/fairness is only the beginning for Trumpet, and crimminals he pardoned

.> Trumpet in Iowa....' save america '.... small, narrowed minded misdirection

2023 -2026, 8 billion humans on a planet with human induced irratic climate change via Global Warming { Greenhouse Effect }

Humans to smart for the  britches, and to greedy and dumb, to make the hard, yet correct choices, to prevent an end-date-for-humanity on Earth, 2232 { approx }

Is there a person, government, business to show humanity the way out of a fairly obvious future?

Putin strong man dictator?  Trumpet ' save america '?

Elon Musk { tesla want-a-be }? Sir Richard Brannon?

Jeff Besos? Bill Gates?  Mark Zuckerburg?

Carl Sagan { Cosmos }? Bucky Fuller { Dymaxion }?

Albert Einstein { Relativity }?

China?

Maybe a quantum computer --via algorithms and proper data input--   will show the way out of the looming mess before us?

...........space(> * <)  (> * <)space......eternally existent, with  the rare bilateral * * consciousness existence, on rare planet  coming and going over eternity

What narrative do we tell ourselves along our journey?  Is it a narrow minded, special-case local narrative only?

Is it larger more comprehensive mind set that unites a plethora of synergy towards united wholistic mind-set of all-for-one and one-for-all humanity?

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@949havoc

I REALLY DON'T CAREDO U?
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Not so much
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
SATURDAY, OCT. 10th:

BI: DONALD TRUMP SIGNALS at IOWA RALLY that he INTENDS to RUN in 2024, TEASES that his CAMPAIGN SLOGAN will be 
'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AGAIN;

SUNDAY, OCT 11th:

fauxlaw:He is no longer your boogey man.  You just cannot move on. Why?
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@oromagi
Really? You must have watched. I didn't even know it was happening. I've moved on. I reside in the present, laughing at Biden. I can afford to do that; I profited under Trump, but that's money already reinvested elsewise, working for me, not me for it.

As to this faux; sorry, don't know who that is.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@949havoc
-->@oromagi
Really?  I didn't even know it was happening. 
Top 3 story on AP wire all day Sunday but I guess you wait for Tucker Carlson to fill you in

As to this faux; sorry, don't know who that is.
agreed- temet nosce
oromagi
oromagi
Trump is the new Hitler.
agreed
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@oromagi
Who's that? You have this misguided opinion that I watch Fox. Nope. Sorry to disappoint.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@oromagi
temet nosce
Since Socrates was Greek, shouldn't that be ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
So Trump is going to retire gracefully to his Scottish Golf Course?

And you agree that the election wasn't rigged?

Or are you just hung upon wokeness?

As I stated elsewhere....For someone that claims to be unwoke.....You are about the wokest  person on Dart.....Because you do keep harping on about it.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Intelligence_06
"We are still talking about Woodrow Wilson and George Washington, right?" Um, no, not really? Not in any political sense. I never have. I don't even know what party affiliation Woodrow Wilson was. I don't think political  parties existed until after Washington ceased to be President. I could be wrong on that for sure. Anyway what about Trump? He isn't President anymore. Everything that sucks now is on Biden.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
Yeah, woke is my new dragon, because it's like everything else progressive: It's backwards.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
Yeah but in striving to be so unwoke, you are undeniably woke.

And what about the other issues I raised.

Did you try and avoid those?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Wait, is that actually a thing people attack Biden on? There are so many actual things one could say about him that I find it odd someone would feel the need to make up something silly like that.
There’s a whole thread on it…
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@949havoc
Quite simply: Trump is still an issue.

He hasn't been held to account for his numerous offenses - offenses which would disqualify him from any future office. He plans to run for the highest office in the land - the office he held where he committed these aforementioned offenses. 
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
Everything that sucks now is on Biden.
Thats not how it actually works. Biden is responsible for the things which happen on his watch. He is not responsible for circumstances created by the last guy. 

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@SkepticalOne
What's everyone who thinks he committed so many offenses, and have the wherewithal to charge and indict, waiting for to issue indictments? They may say they have the evidence. You may have been sucked into believing it, but, when's the rubber going to meet the road? Y'all been trying this routine since your holy Bob Mueller, but did he ever issue indictment one against Trump? Anyone named Trump? No. SDBY? No. Your Nancy Pelostomy set-up two pathetic attempts at impeachment, because she thought she had the goods, but had naught for conviction. When, then, instead of just talking about it? Talk is cheap, and you've been bought.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
observe my #24 to the Skeptic
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@949havoc
I understand using taxpayer funds to smear a political opponent and inciting an insurrection are impeachable offenses. Trump was undeniably guilty of these offenses - it is only because party was put before country he was not found guilty.

As for Mueller, surely even you must know Mueller did not clear Trump of all wrongdoing. Furthermore, he said it was not his place to prosecute a sitting president. You can tell whatever stories makes you feel good, but I prefer facts over mere belief.

As for his other offenses, (such as attempting to taint the result of a fair and free election - Georgia and Raffensperger) hope springs eternal he will be held accountable - especially if his obstructionist allies don't block justice once again. 
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@SkepticalOne
Trump was undeniably guilty of these offenses 
Impeachment's only conviction is removal from office. It is a political act, not a legal one. Let's not confuse matters. If he is guilty of illegal action, where are the indictments?

Furthermore, he said it was not his place to prosecute a sitting president. 
Mueller is so full of shyte there, it's amazing he still has a license to practice. Look, the idea of not indicting a sitting president is not law; it's DOJ policy established by John Mitchell [Nixon's AG] who established that policy specifically to protect Nixon. The idea has held, but it is just policy. Mueller could have indicted. He did not. Therefore, the thinking that prosecution was not possible is cowardly, suggesting he did not have the evidence claimed to have.
A careful read of Article I, section 3, clause 7:  "Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."  There it is, in bold. Regardless of all other action in a trial of impeachment, "NEVERTHELESS..." Why don't people understand the simplicity of the Constitution? It is LAW. Your weakling Mueller has this behind him, not some damn policy.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@949havoc
Trump was undeniably guilty of these offenses 
Impeachment's only conviction is removal from office. It is a political act, not a legal one.
Abusing the highest office in the land is arguably the most serious of crimes. You can suggest 'its political, not legal', but don't presume to lecture about the Constitution ever again - after all, it is the law of the land. Or in your own words:

"Why don't people understand the simplicity of the Constitution? It is LAW."

Furthermore, he said it was not his place to prosecute a sitting president. 
Mueller is so full of shyte there [...]
It is interesting you've focused on a mere 2 sentences of my reply. If your best argument is essentially 'Trump wasn't guilty because of how I've interpreted the Constitution'...well, its not a very good argument, now is it? 

Do you have no response to the fact that Mueller did not clear Trump of wrongdoing ...or references to other offenses (which are explicitly criminal)? I have no interest in bad-faith conversations.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@SkepticalOne
I've not interpreted whether Trump is guilty, or not, but you have, even without an indictment, let alone a trial.

And, obviously, my lecture on the Constitution has hit home because apparently, you were unaware Mueller could have indicted Trump, but did not, and you excuse that as a matter of Trump still being obviously guilty. The law, including the Constitution, has things to say about that attitude, as well, so, apparently you're in need of lectures. Being skeptical is one thing, Being ignorant is quite another.

Trump's guilt, or innocence, has yet to be determined, if it ever will be, so why insist there is already conclusive evidence to the theory [and that
is all it is, at present]. Thus, I ignore the rest of your diatribe, other than Mueller's own stated conclusions [from the Mueller Report]:

"Further, the evidence was not sufficient to charge that any member of the Trump Campaign conspired with representatives of the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election." - Mueller Report, "Executive Summary to Vol 1," pg. 9

"…this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime"  - Mueller Report, "Conclusion," Vol. 2, pg 182
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@949havoc
I've not interpreted whether Trump is guilty, or not, but you have, even without an indictment, let alone a trial.
Trump admitted to actions and the other is recorded. He did the things he is accused of.

Just so you know, being skeptical is about being willing to consider the evidence - not claims without any or which run contrary to it. Besides, I'm not a juror or a judge, so there is no need for me to remain impartial.

You are very selective about "Mueller's conclusions". The report also stated:

"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

And,

"Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations. The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests."

And, let's not forget,

"If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment".

Litigate this all you want, but as I said before, Trump was protected from the well deserved consequences of his action by Republicans committed to party over country. Trump and Trumpism is a threat to our democracy - he is still very much an issue worth critical attention.