Evidence the 2020 election was fraudulent?

Author: Sum1hugme

Total: 34
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Double_R
The dollar is up against the Euro, up against the pound, fractionally down against the huan (after tanking under trump), bit down against the loony (after tanking under trump), very up against the yen, up a little against aus and NZ dollar, up against the won, high against the Ruble, up against Singapore dollar, up against the Brazilian Real. Gold is great indicator of confidence (people move to gold if worried about investment value being eroded) - that went through the roof under trump, and has been up and down a bit since then, but down since January.

I don’t know wtf he’s talking about. The dollar is broadly up since Biden took over. That lowers price of imports. The big one is going to be stuff in from China, The dollar tanked against the Huan last year under Trump and has been relatively stable since Biden took over, so even that’s not going to massively impact inflation despite all the nonsense being spouted.

I mean - weak dollar is not actually that bad, as it significantly boosts exports, and encourages investment; strong dollar makes imports cheaper. One of the big issues with GBP exports in the late 2000s, early 2010s that I had to deal with (but also managed to negotiate a salary conversion in 2014, which ended up giving me a 30% pay rise after the pound dropped lol.)

The dollar is down against Bitcoin; but everything is down against Bitcoin - until it isn’t. The idea that a currency that can tank 30% because of something Elon musk says, or rising 20% because Amazon posts a job opening does not strike me as some sort of safe haven. Ripe for speculation due to its volatility; sure - Perhaps he has latched onto it as a thing to be repeated like the 38%, let’s go Brandon, or Orangeman bad, and doesn’t really understand it very much - or perhaps he simply likes his currency prices the same way he likes his geniuses. Very stable.

One of the normal things normal people who argue do, is assume that the people they’re arguing with are correct in the things they state as factual; but I have long since learned (after conversing with a lot of flat earthers), that if someone who is not known for their veracity dramatically declares the dollar is down; it’s worth googling whether the dollar is actually down. Perhaps the continued return to “let’s go Brandon”, is because when he does anything else, his level of wider understanding becomes readily apparent.

Most of the inflation is due to supply chain. Things like food, cars etc are almost invariably supply chain - unless Biden causes the droughts earlier in the year... Fuel costs are driven by wider global pressures. The high gdp growth and wage growth does have an impact on both the demand side - and employment costs but it’s not the bulk.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Your initial argument was QE, which exploded in March 2020....

Which is exactly the time I started buying a shit ton of Crypto while it was 20 cents a coin. Coincidence?

It's worth $1.10 atm.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Gold’s correlation to inflation has been relatively low... around a .15 correlation if you look at the ROI graphs  over the past half century. Gold has a bad history and it deserves the bad rep.

I love the armchair investors who bring up gold like it's the standard (pun intended) for gauging inflation and the trending value of the dollar for investors.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Who said Gold could be used to gauging inflation? I checked the thread twice - and can’t see anyone saying that at all.