TRUMP's COVID CZAR: TRUMP's POLITICS = 300,000 DEAD AMERICANS

Author: oromagi

Total: 49
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
BIRX TESTIFIES that TRUMP's WHITE HOUSE FAILED to TAKE STEPS to PREVENT MORE VIRUS DEATHS.

By Michael D. Shear
  • Oct. 26, 2021, 12:28 p.m. ET
Dr. Deborah Birx, who helped run the coronavirus pandemic response for former President Donald J. Trump, told congressional investigators earlier this month that Mr. Trump’s White House failed to take steps that could have prevented tens of thousands of deaths.

In closed-door testimony before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Dr. Birx said that tens of thousands of deaths could have been prevented after the initial phase of the pandemic if Mr. Trump had pushed mask-wearing, social distancing and other efforts to slow the spread of the virus.

“I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining, the getting friends and family to understand the risk of gathering in private homes, and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30 percent less to 40 percent less range,” Dr. Birx testified, according to excerpts provided by the committee.

The committee’s interview with Dr. Birx was conducted on Oct. 12 and 13. In her testimony, she also lashed out at Dr. Scott Atlas, a former Stanford neuroradiologist who became an adviser to Mr. Trump and advocated for allowing the virus to spread through much of the population in order to let otherwise healthy people build up immunity against it.

She told the committee that Dr. Atlas had relied on incomplete information to draw dangerous conclusions that she felt could have long-term consequences for people who were infected with the virus and got sick.

“I was constantly raising the alert in the doctors’ meetings of the depth of my concern about Dr. Atlas’ position, Dr. Atlas’ access, Dr. Atlas’ theories and hypothesis, and the depths and breadths of my concern,” she said, referring to a group of doctors involved in the White House response who gathered regularly.

Dr. Atlas did not immediately respond to an email sent Tuesday morning. But in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece last December, he continued to argue against lockdowns and other measures for containing the virus.

“Lockdown policies had baleful effects on local economies, families and children, and the virus spread anyway,” he wrote.

During her testimony, Dr. Birx said she repeatedly pushed Mr. Trump and others in the White House to do more to embrace efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus, especially in the fall of 2020. That was a period when Dr. Atlas was at the White House and Dr. Birx spent most of her time on the road, traveling from state to state to urge them to embrace prevention measures.

Asked whether Mr. Trump did everything he should have to counter the pandemic, she said: “No. And I’ve said that to the White House in general, and I believe I was very clear to the president in specifics of what I needed him to do.”

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@oromagi

Trump killed more Americans than World War 1 did.  Well, he is German.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
So this is absolute fact and you would bet your eyes on it? Or does it fit your political narrative and you want to try and get people to join in on your political narrative by posting something that fits your narrative? It is impossible for me or you to prove one word of this.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi

So this is absolute fact and you would bet your eyes on it?
Actually, I'd be willing to take bets on much higher numbers of Americans killed for Trump's political advantage.  Certainly, twice 300,000 is pretty easily proved.  I don't think anybody would value my eyes above a few dollars but I'd certainly take 4 figure wagers on the question.
Or does it fit your political narrative and you want to try and get people to join in on your political narrative by posting something that fits your narrative?
If that political narrative is that Republicans are enslaved to the least moral man in the history of American politics then yes.  And yes, I think that's something people should be thinking about.
It is impossible for me or you to prove one word of this.
Birx is criticizing her own administration and her boss' performance so it is not surprising that she is downplaying the magnitude of Trump's mismanagement.

• The 40% stat gets tossed around often because that is the difference between US and European deaths per capita from the virus.  That is, if Trump had only been as bureaucratic and slow to act and politically weak-handed as the average European politician, we would have seen 40% fewer deaths per million than we did.
    • That's sort of the base, easy to prove number. There's a good argument to be made that if Trump had halted all international flights when the scientist told him to (Feb 7th or any time before Feb 20th) and implemented stringent testing and quarantine, the pandemic might never have taken hold in the US and American deaths would be in the thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands.  
  • The oldest and best known medical journal in the world, The Lancet, is famously conservative and British, so less invested in US party politics. 
    • That journal estimates that the life expectancy of the average American declined by 3-4 years because of the Trump administration and lays a huge amount of destruction in global health policy infrastructure at Trump's doorstep even before the arrival of COVID-19
      • The report found that Trump
        • ·Politicised and repudiated science, leaving the US unprepared for the covid-19 pandemic
        • Eviscerated environmental regulation, hastening global warming
        • Incited racial, nativist, and religious hatred, provoking religious and police violence
        • Denied refuge to immigrants fleeing violence and oppression
        • Undermined health insurance coverage
        • Weakened food assistance programs (pre-pandemic)
        • Curtailed reproductive rights
        • Undermined global health cooperation and started tradewars
        • Shifted resources from social programs to military spending and tax benefits for corporations and the wealthy
        • Subverted democracy both nationally and internationally
      • That non-political entity estimates the number of easily preventable COVID deaths due to Republican malfeasance at 471,000 Americans dead.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
So your response is irrefutable proof and the numbers are indisputable and the reason people died is a direct result of something Trump did. You would bet your life on all of these things. Or would you like to recant and say its a political narrative that you want people to drink like Kool-Aid. You know as well as I do this is complete made up political BS. How could you ever prove why people died and how many. You cant. Its complete BS . Then you go on to add even more political BS that is completely irrelevant to the OP. You are a never ending unoriginal political talking point. Nothing you say is of your own mind and thoughts when it comes to anything having to do with politics. Kinda like a collage student regurgitating their professors political diatribes. Make sure to gouge your eyes out. I want to know who died, when and how then make the connection to Trump. You will just respond with more regurgitated political narratives that prove nothing. You are as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. TDS
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi
So your response is irrefutable ....and the reason people died is a direct result of something Trump did.
It is irrefutable that poor decisions got some Americans killed, although I suppose you could say that about just about every US President.

and the numbers are indisputable
The numbers are highly disputable.  300,000 dead is the Trump Administration's own super low ball estimate.

You would bet your life on all of these things.
That 300,000 number is such a low ball that there is no degree of stakes that would intimidate me.

Or would you like to recant
No
and say its a political narrative that you want people to drink like Kool-Aid.
You do understand that the Kool-Aid analogy only applies to the side of the equation where people are dying, right?   If drinking the Kool-Aid was the best and only non-lethal antidote to potassium cyanide poisoning then your analogy would be made valid and drinking Kool-Aid the most obvious course of action.

You know as well as I do this is complete made up political BS.
What noun does the pronoun "this" represent in this sentence?

How could you ever prove why people died and how many.
Statistical analysis.

You cant. Its complete BS .
what noun does the pronoun "its" represent in this sentence?

You are a never ending unoriginal political talking point. Nothing you say is of your own mind and thoughts when it comes to anything having to do with politics. Kinda like a collage student regurgitating their professors political diatribes.
In my experience, professors often hold the most experienced and deeply thought out opinions in their particular fields of study.   I would highly recommend that you seek the wisdom of more college professors in your own search for the truth.
Make sure to gouge your eyes out.
no thanks?

You are as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.
Intellectual consistency is a virtue in the academic world.  Again, I recommend you try it.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
"It is irrefutable that poor decisions got some Americans killed, although I suppose you could say that about just about every US President." This statement alone proves you know its complete BS. Now gouge your fucking eyes out.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
gouge your fucking eyes out.
No, thanks!
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
So  you proved nothing, you just regurgitate.  College educated means absolutely nothing when it comes to intelligence or ones ability to communicate. I asked you to prove it and you did not.   You didn't even give a single name of anyone you claimed to have died as a direct result of  Trump. Out of what you say are 300,000 or more you cant produce a single name let alone show any kind of direct link.  You just quote an article from the internet, the most worthless source of factual information known to human kind.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
A BEGINNER's GUIDE to STATISTICS

By Courtney Taylor

How many calories did each of us eat for breakfast? How far from home did everyone travel today? How big is the place that we call home? How many other people call it home? To make sense of all of this information, certain tools and ways of thinking are necessary. The mathematical science called statistics is what helps us to deal with this information overload.

Statistics is the study of numerical information, called data. Statisticians acquire, organize, and analyze data. Each part of this process is also scrutinized. The techniques of statistics are applied to a multitude of other areas of knowledge. Below is an introduction to some of the main topics throughout statistics.

Populations and Samples

One of the recurring themes of statistics is that we are able to say something about a large group based on the study of a relatively small portion of that group. The group as a whole is known as the population. The portion of the group that we study is the sample.

As an example of this, suppose we wanted to know the average height of people living in the United States. We could try to measure over 300 million people, but this would be infeasible. It would be a logistical nightmare conduct the measurements in such a way that no one was missed and no one was counted twice.

Due to the impossible nature of measuring everyone in the United States, we could instead use statistics. Rather than finding the heights of everyone in the population, we take a statistical sample of a few thousand. If we have sampled the population correctly, then the average height of the sample will be very close to the average height of the population.

Acquiring Data

To draw good conclusions, we need good data to work with. The way that we sample a population to obtain this data should always be scrutinized. Which kind of sample we use depends on what question we’re asking about the population. The most commonly used samples are:

• Simple Random
  • Stratified
  • Clustered

It’s equally important to know how the measurement of the sample is conducted. To go back to the above example, how do we acquire the heights of those in our sample?

• Do we let people report their own height on a questionnaire?
  • Do several researchers throughout the country measure different people and report their results?
  • Does a single researcher measure everyone in the sample with the same tape measure?

Each of these ways of obtaining the data has its advantages and drawbacks. Anyone using the data from this study would want to know how it was obtained.

Organizing the Data

Sometimes there is a multitude of data, and we can literally get lost in all of the details. It’s hard to see the forest for the trees. That’s why it’s important to keep our data well organized. Careful organization and graphical displays of the data help us to spot patterns and trends before we actually do any calculations.

Since the way that we graphically present our data depends upon a variety of factors. Common graphs are:

• Pie charts or circle graphs
  • Bar or pareto graphs
  • Scatterplots
  • Time plots
  • Stem and leaf plots
  • Box and whisker graphs

In addition to these well-known graphs, there are others that are used in specialized situations.

Descriptive Statistics
One way to analyze data is called descriptive statistics. Here the goal is to calculate quantities that describe our data. Numbers called the mean, median and mode are all used to indicate the average or center of the data. The range and standard deviation are used to say how spread out the data is. More complicated techniques, such as correlation and regression describe data that is paired.

Inferential Statistics
When we begin with a sample and then try to infer something about the population, we are using inferential statistics. In working with this area of statistics, the topic of hypothesis testing arises. Here we see the scientific nature of the subject of statistics, as we state a hypothesis, then use statistical tools with our sample to determine the likelihood that we need to reject the hypothesis or not. This explanation is really just scratching the surface of this very useful part of statistics.

Applications of Statistics
It is no exaggeration to say that the tools of statistics are used by nearly every field of scientific research. Here are a few areas that rely heavily on statistics:

• Psychology
  • Economics
  • Medicine
  • Advertising
  • Demography

The Foundations of Statistics
Although some think of statistics as a branch of mathematics, it is better to think of it as a discipline that is founded upon mathematics. Specifically, statistics is built up from the field of mathematics known as probability. Probability gives us a way to determine how likely an event is to occur. It also gives us a way to talk about randomness. This is key to statistics because the typical sample needs to be randomly selected from the population.

Probability was first studied in the 1700s by mathematicians such as Pascal and Fermat. The 1700s also marked the beginning of statistics. Statistics continued to grow from its probability roots and really took off in the 1800s. Today, it’s theoretical scope continues to be enlarged in what is known as mathematical statistics.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Copy and pasted directly from the internet. Not one original thought from your own mind.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
Yeah, sorry, but I was not going to compose an original beginner's guide to statistics for your benefit.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Like I said, regurgitation. Your thoughts are not your own, but what you have been told to think about everything.  Statistics show that 97% of scientists agree with those who fund them.

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@FLRW
Trump's grandfather, Friedrich, came to America nearly 30 years before WWI, becoming a real estate investor.
Trump was not the cause of 300,000 deaths; the Covid virus was, which Trump attempted to limit exposure to Americans by imposing inbound travel restrictions, which Biden called unnecessary. More deaths have occurred in US in 2021 than in 2020, but I notice you avoid comment on that against Biden. Convenient, but inaccurate.
Any more inaccuracies?
BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy
-->
@sadolite
[citation needed]
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi
  Statistics show that 97% of scientists agree with those who fund them.
Well then, you must concede the point, since the scientist in the OP was working for the Trump Administration.  Deborah Birx is well motivated to downplay the American Carnage of her boss' administration so we must assume that 300,000 is about as low a scientist with a reputation to maintain is willing to go.

By your own cynical axiom, Birx is 97% likely to be representing the most pro-Trump estimate available.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
The scientists are not funded by Trump, they are funded by the govt that hates Trump.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi
The scientists are not funded by Trump, they are funded by the govt that hates Trump.
So you think Trump's own appointees are conspiring and making up falsehoods together to make their own administration look lethally incompetent just to annoy their old boss?
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
-->
@oromagi
That's it? Just some "she said this about Trump" and "she said that about Trump"? People are going to disagree on things when trying to accomplish just about any task. Would you believe an allegation against a coworker with no questions asked if another coworker told you about it?

Speaking of which, what even is the allegation here? That he picked the wrong policy, that he was a buffoon, or that he was actively malevolent?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@949havoc

Trump's grandfather died from the Spanish flu in 1918. Yet in 2020, Donald Trump said he "didn't know people died from the flu" during a visit to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) headquarters.
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@FLRW
At least he admitted it. Biden, on the other hand, who doesn't know [             ] fill in the blank, doesn't know it.

Otherwise, from "The Prophet" - He that knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child. Teach him. He that knows not, and knows not that he knows not is a fool, shun him.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@949havoc
I love how he left out that more people died from COVID under Joe Biden this year even with the vaccine being fully developed. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
"So you think Trump's own appointees are conspiring and making up falsehoods together"  Sure why not, Lots of people who he thought he could trust threw him under the bus and stabbed him in the back while he was President. 2/3 of Republican representatives and Senators did everything they could to try and sabotage anything he tried to accomplish. People in govt will say and do anything to keep their govt jobs. I have seen it time and time again, just look at history and how quickly politicians will throw each other under the bus.  This is no different.  This woman is doing what she is being told to do to keep her job. Kamala Harris threw Biden under the bus and then turned right around on a dime and kissed his ass to get a govt job as VP.  Any thoughts on that?  Lets see if you know what I am talking about.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mharman
Hi Mharman!

Nice to see your name, again.  Can we get an Ant of the Day?

-->@oromagi
That's it? Just some "she said this about Trump" and "she said that about Trump"?
That's not it at all.  The most senior official in charge of the pandemic testified behind closed doors and under oath that Trump caused the deaths of ten of thousands of citizens, the majority of them Trump voters, by relying on misinformation generated by an ill-informed radiology and not to the hundreds of pandemic experts at his command and standing ready with far more accurate information.

Would you believe an allegation against a coworker with no questions asked if another coworker told you about it?
If that co-worker was a virologist with 30 years experience saying that if the boss doesn't let some people go home sick, the whole office is going to be disabled by the flu, and that boss ignore the virologist and then the whole office is soon disabled by the flu then, yes, I would believe her allegations made under oath in court.  I sure would.

Speaking of which, what even is the allegation here? That he picked the wrong policy, that he was a buffoon, or that he was actively malevolent?
Birx is a scientist and Trump made her famous.  I don't think Birx would call Trump a buffoon or malevolent, however objectively true your characterizations.
Birx testified that Trump sought and adhered to a lot of misinformation, mostly brought to him by one ill-informed, politically-motivated, radiologist and FOX News personality Scott Atlas.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
-->@949havoc
I love how he left out that more people died from COVID under Joe Biden this year even with the vaccine being fully developed. 
I enjoy how you just tell lies for the love of your bad orange man.

That is not yet true but since Trump failed to prevent a long pandemic, coronavirus is now endemic like the flu and so your claim must eventually prove true.

That factoid that Tucker is touting and that you are getting wrong is that 2021 deaths now exceed 2020 deaths.  But nearly 50,000 American citizens died in those last three weeks of Trump's administration while Trump was exclusively engaged in trying to steal the election.

number 752,000 total - 392,428 Trump's = 359,572 Biden's

Therefore, another 30,000 anti-vaxxers must die before your claim becomes true.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi
"So you think Trump's own appointees are conspiring and making up falsehoods together"  Sure why not, Lots of people who he thought he could trust threw him under the bus and stabbed him in the back while he was President.  2/3 of Republican representatives and Senators did everything they could to try and sabotage anything he tried to accomplish.
Well, we know that's not true or Trump would have been impeached as soon as it was revealed that Trump knew Flynn was a secret Russian agent before he made him the top spy in the country. No Congress has ever been given better causes for impeachment, yet the GOP covered their ears and bowed their heads ashamedly not one but twice.

People in govt will say and do anything to keep their govt jobs.  I have seen it time and time again, just look at history and how quickly politicians will throw each other under the bus.   This is no different.  This woman is doing what she is being told to do to keep her job.
So you are ignorant of the fact that Birx is no longer in government.  Unsurprising.  Remember that BIrx had to be a Trump acolyte to get appointed in the first place and at his command oversaw the worst pandemic in US history with the most per capita deaths of any nation in the world in spite of having the finest pandemic response team in the world.  Why would you suppose BIden would keep her on?  Biden replaced BIrx with Fauci who told the truth in the face of Trump's antipathy and refused to kowtow as Birx did.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@ILikePie5

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
You can believe everything the media, govt and the internet tells you or you can understand and learn from history. You cant do both. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
-->@oromagi
You can believe everything the media, govt and the internet tells you or you can understand and learn from history. You cant do both. 
Says the guy who mistook Russian and Chinese propaganda for US news a few weeks back.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
Refresh my memory