Delusion In Most Atheists?

Author: BrutalTruth

Total: 506
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I've never said it is impossible to know. 

There could be some humans that do know. I doubt that very much though.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Can't possibly know = impossible to know.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Could be I said that. If I did, it was an exaggeration.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Now know that when I say The Ultimate Reality, I am not exaggerating. I mean exactly what I'm saying.

And this is God. If an atheist refuses to acknowledge this, they are not talking about God, but some god of their own imagining. They are being evasive because when it comes right down to it, they do have a god, and that god is themselves, and as a result, arbitrariness is their standard.

Reality is whatever they can get away with.

I have to be solid and consistent on this, because any ground I give to this delusion is harmful to the more honest people who can be reasoned with.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
It is not your job to "reason" with atheists. They will find their own way. That is between them and God.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Certainly.

But I am still here to educate.

Now if you think that is a waste of time, I know there are plenty here on this forum who would love to see me leave.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I like you, and don't want you to leave. 

Just don't see why you have to constantly push your ideas on everyone else.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I am not pushing my ideas. I am here to be hated and despised for preaching The Truth. 

In so doing, the wickedness of this fallen world is exposed for what it is to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. In fact, I try to minimize my own ideas, because they distract from The Truth.

BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth
-->
@Goldtop
Has he talked about his time spent on other planets in other galaxies talking with the Overlords that reside there?

You're not serious.... 
janesix
janesix
And what have you accomplished so far?
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@janesix
Emotional attachment to beliefs stand in the way. Changing your worldview is a huge deal to most people. 

I change my beliefs all the time, when they're proven false. It's called having a firm grasp on reality. Since theists have an extremely loose grasp on reality(if any grasp at all), I wouldn't expect them to "grasp" that concept.
janesix
janesix
-->
@BrutalTruth
Give me an example of you changing your beliefs.
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
"I change my beliefs all the time, when they're proven false. It's called having a firm grasp on reality"

You chose wrong

/0. 0\
\  O. /
Hahaha ha aha hahaha
                          /×.  ×\
                          \   - . /

Pride is deadly

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I am here to be hated and despised for preaching The Truth. 
You're here to hate and despise those who don't share your irrational beliefs. The Truth.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
It's always soo cute when the atheist pretends he is the arbiter of what reality is. Hilarious stuff. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
BTW Brutal, you can block me all you like but if you can't take it don't dish it out. If you respond like a meat head don't expect me to accept it. Act like an adult and there is no problems. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
It's always soo cute when the atheist pretends he is the arbiter of what reality is. Hilarious stuff. 
It's frightening when theists pretend to talk with Overlords on other planets in other galaxies, then consider it our reality. These people might be a danger to themselves or others. Try not to make eye contact.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
What we are dealing with is gods and beliefs invented by IPSS.
Were you crying about brutal blocking you hypocrite?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Gods invented by man.
disgusted
disgusted
@BT
Oh he's serious
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@janesix
I used to be against vaccinations until someone showed me the science behind the accusations of them causing autism, which proves the claims false. Is that sufficient?
janesix
janesix
-->
@BrutalTruth
Well I did ask for a change of belief. But I was looking more for a world view changing belief. 
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@janesix
I've only done that once. When I turned 17, still in a juvenile boot camp for 5 more months, I realized that I needed to change my entire way of thinking. I was psychotically emotional. I would allow my emotions to dictate every thought, belief, and action, and I knew if I continued down that path, I'd either spend life in prison, or my life would be very, very short. I decided to spend the next decade mentally training myself in the ways of what I call "logic and realism." It's similar to "realism," with differences. I basically came up with the philosophy myself. I started putting critical thought above all else, and only allowing emotion to inspire and teach. I started being objective and practical. My beliefs started requiring evidence, and my mind started actively searching for proof. Eventually, I started standing against that which I knew was wrong, and I became brutally honest after I figured out, through critical thought, that the truth is never offensive.

I'll leave it at that, as it's going to take a lot of typing to fully explain it, but that is my "worldview change." It wasn't easy, as emotions are difficult things to control when you're psychologically damaged as a child, but it's definitely not impossible, nor is it something that should take a lifetime. All it takes is proof that you need a change, and a will to be correct rather than incorrect. Ironically, I've met very, very few humans who care to be correct when found to be incorrect. Most humans are only interested in having their beliefs accepted and endorsed by others, whether those beliefs are correct or not. This is he biggest thing I stand against in humanity, as it causes delusion, which causes chaos.
Mopac
Mopac
The Truth is my God and the one who claims to value truth above all things has me blocked.

A real paradigm of emotional maturity we have here.

janesix
janesix
-->
@BrutalTruth
Thanks for your thoughtful answer. I am on my kindle so I can't give you the reply you deserve. But I will say I believe you. 

I remember in my early twenties I thought people had no control over their emotions. I can't remember the circumstances why I changed my thinking on that. But I still didn't manage my emotions, just blocked them with alcohol. I stopped drinking right years ago, and have been learning slowly and painfully how to deal with things, especially fear. I am nowhere near where I want to be yet though. 

I guess I was going to discuss worldview changes, but you have piqued my interest in this subject.

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@janesix
Complexity equates to simplicity, thus the point is very simple: Do not assert beliefs as facts. Instead, assert facts as beliefs. Learn what facts really are, how to find them, and then how to accept them. A good example of asserting beliefs as facts is Mopac's argument for "God." He believes God exists. So, he goes out and tries to find ways to prove God is reality, because he knows reality exists. I don't claim to know all the avenues he traveled to get to this path of argumentation, but the only way he seems to know how to argue it is to say that if a dictionary agrees that God is reality, then since reality exists, God exists. He can't see the flaw in this because he asserts beliefs as facts, rather than facts as beliefs. While he may be one of the most extreme cases of delusion you find in this area, he is far from being alone. Most humans think this way in all things, which is the biggest reason for the chaos we experience in the world. The American government is the way it is because the citizens think this way, for example. I stand for logic and realism because it is the path to truth, and humanity needs to understand how to arrive at truth if it is to defeat chaotic delusion.