Youtube officially designates dislike button as "hate speech"

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 36
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
In an effort to make Brandon look good, Youtube has banned negative thoughts from its platform.

Will it work?
BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy
"The company says the change is to keep smaller creators from being targeted by dislike attacks or harassment, and to promote “respectful interactions between viewers and creators.” The dislike button will still be there, but it’ll be for private feedback, rather than public shaming."

you're a fucking idiot.
this has absolutley fucking nothing to do with biden
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
right because lets trust the multi-billion dollar company to be honest
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
but even if they did lie; what is the relevance of joe biden. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Previously Youtube tried to help Biden by removing dislikes from his video postings. Apparently that didn't work.
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
Previously Youtube tried to help Biden by removing dislikes from his video postings. Apparently that didn't work.
source?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
Thats not a fucking source dude.
Its from a facebook called president trump fans.
you truly are hilarious dude.
differences in dislikes at different times doesn't = youtube changing dislikes on a press briefing.
pathetic.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
It's actually a source taken from a radical left wing hack site called "politifact"

Who said it was legitimate.

If you don't believe left wing propaganda, what do you believe?

Youtube? They don't give a fuck about you. Why do you give a fuck about them?
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
no it fucking isn't dude.
here's the real politifact article and not some boomers facebook post.
It’s possible. But the posts on Facebook are missing some important context about how YouTube handles likes and dislikes on its videos. And they don’t offer any evidence that YouTube did so improperly or for political reasons.
YouTube told PolitiFact that it has systems in place to ensure that engagements with videos — such as likes and dislikes — are authentic, so that the analytics information it provides is reliable. Those systems worked as designed to remove spam engagement on this video, according to YouTube. The de-spamming process starts when a video is uploaded and continues to run to ensure metrics remain accurate, YouTube said.
In 2019, The Verge reported that YouTube considered removing the dislike button from its videos entirely, in an effort to stop so-called dislike mobs — groups who organize to dislike a video because they are frustrated with the content creator or channel — from "weaponizing" it. 
YouTube’s verified account on Twitter has also addressed the issue of removing likes and dislikes. 
"YouTube regularly removes any spam likes or dislikes from your videos. It may take up to 48 hours for the numbers to be updated," one tweet reads. Another said: "We always validate the activities & legitimacy of accounts added on your likes/dislikes report. This is to make sure that our site metrics are free of spam."
It is not clear how YouTube determines whether engagement is authentic or spam. YouTube did not address the specific actions taken on the Psaki briefing video, which had 32,000 dislikes as of Jan. 25, and 7,700 likes.
So it is possible YouTube removed dislikes it deemed "spam" from videos posted by the White House account, including the Jan. 20 press briefing video. But there is no evidence YouTube deliberately removed authentic dislikes from the video to support the Biden administration or silence critics.

Youtube? They don't give a fuck about you. Why do you give a fuck about them?
I don't wtf are you talking about.

Who said it was legitimate.

fucking you.

It's actually a source taken from a radical left wing hack site called "politifact"

Yes its left wing but it is no where near radical its liberal at most.
But then again people like you don't have enough brain cells to know the difference between the 2 words.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I don't wtf are you talking about.

Sure you do. You're a Brandon lover. Fresh out of the closet. 

Trusts what Youtube says as well, no surprise.
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
as per usual you ignore my entire argument.
You really are a joke.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
There is no defense for Brandon.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
you're a fucking idiot.
this has absolutley fucking nothing to do with biden

Thats not a fucking source dude.

I don't wtf are you talking about

fucking you.

Using the F word doesn’t make you sound smarter, and it also doesn’t make your arguments any better. Just for future reference ☺️
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@bmdrocks21
I think it highlights his frustrations with conspiratorial babble quite nicely
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@dustryder
@bmdrocks21
The reality is, that judicious use of the  "F" word is an expressive and effective sentence changer.

For sure, constant overuse eventually creates a negative vibe.

Highlighting frustrations.

Of course.

That's stating the fucking obvious.

Not that I was frustrated then.

Very relaxed actually.

Just emphasising the point.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@dustryder
I think it highlights his frustrations with conspiratorial babble quite nicely
I’m not sure that calling someone a “fucking idiot” does much of anything quite nicely.

And there are far more eloquent ways to show frustration than to swear in nearly every sentence you type.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
Three things:
1. Why speak in code? 
2. When did they outright call it "hate speech"?
3. Why assume such a change is specifically about Biden?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
It's an opinion piece.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
Insults in discourse usually have literally the opposite of their intended effect:
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
just like before, I don't understand it and am impervious to it. I remembered it somewhat but even this time, I instinctively checked the sources for the wooden teeth.

In fact, when they said the slave part I was less concerned with checking, not more concerned, since I didn't care as much as what the overall point was leading to since I'd forgotted the exact point they make.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Barney
Insults in discourse usually have literally the opposite of their intended effect:
I think at this point: one can call “repetitive misrepresentation of current events using excruciatingly extreme political hyperbolae, followed by both failure to either defend the hyperbolae, or provide anything other than similar misrepresentative hyperbolae as responses” many things - but discourse it is not…
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
as grey parrot said, they remove dislikes to protect biden
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
I run a small YouTube channel and if I see that someone dislikes my channel, I view it as freedom of speech.  I have actually found it quite amusing as to why people have disliked my videos.

Ronald Regan's attempted killer let out of jail. - YouTube is an example of such a video.  I made a video stating how the person that tried to kill Ronald Regean should be put to death because he's too much of a danger.  The comments were laughable as to why people disliked my video:

YouTube censored the comments that were reasonable (even if you disagree with the content), "Murderers deserve the death penalty" was basically how it went.

The comments that were allowed to stay were the ones advocating the death of Ronald Regean was somehow justified.  So (assuming they opposed the death penalty for murderers due to their left wing beliefs), they didn't want murderers killed,, but they wanted Ronald Regean killed.

Now granted, I think it's all freedom of speech.  But YouTube doesn't think so.  They think advocating the death penalty for murderers is hate speech but that advocating the death penalty for politicians that are backed by 60% of the populace is fine.  I don't get it.
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
any evidence of this?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
This is youtube's official explanation for why they removed dislikes according to the left rag politco.

"YouTube regularly removes any spam likes or dislikes from your videos. It may take up to 48 hours for the numbers to be updated," one tweet reads. Another said: "We always validate the activities & legitimacy of accounts added on your likes/dislikes report. This is to make sure that our site metrics are free of spam."

It is not clear how YouTube determines whether engagement is authentic or spam. YouTube did not address the specific actions taken on the Psaki briefing video, which had 32,000 dislikes as of Jan. 25, and 7,700 likes.

So either you trust a multibillion dollar corporation, or you trust your own eyes and ears when you see the visibly vocal community upset with Brandon, and the polls reflect it. It's not like a multi-billion dollar tech giant has nothing to gain from pandering to an administration that grants exemptions from regulations.

It most certainly has nothing to do about "protecting content creators"
That's absolute bullshit.
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
ok bro
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
If it actually was about "protecting content creators," it would be an option for creators the same way as there is an option to disable comments. 

This is a corporate mandate. Unexplained and highly sus.

BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy
Unexplained and highly sus.
ok; but where does biden come into play?
BigPimpDaddy
BigPimpDaddy

This is a corporate mandate. Unexplained and highly sus.

bruh they just removed how many dislikes you can see on a video.