Why are people protesting so hard in attack of Kyle but won't support removing guns from citizens?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 75
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
The bullet and the righteous mob.

AKA. The US Justice System.

Reminds me of a Western I caught the beginning of recently.

Things haven't moved on much.

Yeeha, Gunslingers.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
What about people who thought the verdict was right, but are still angry about the verdict?
As in people who think the fact that a 17 year old can strap himself with an AR15 and head right in the middle of a downtown area the police are telling people to stay away from, then end up killing 2 people and suffer no repercussions? What about them?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
You don’t think the Vice President, certain congresspeople, or the Lt. Governor of Wisconsin are credible left wing figures? Or the President claiming to be angry about the verdict?
Are you listening to what they’re actually saying?

Other than perhaps Bill Maher, who exactly do you refer to here?
Literally every single person I’ve heard talk about this. Sorry I didn’t take a list of names. Watch something other than Fox News and you’ll here these points of view as well
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RationalMadman
I've seen the president himself and Kamala both strongly imply (but avoid explicitly stating) that they are completely behind the movement in the media and society that supports sending Kyle to prison for what he did
I don’t think you’re paying attention to what people are actually arguing.

Should Kyle be in jail for what he did? I would say yes. Should he have been found guilty of murder? No. Should he have been found guilty of any statutory crime? As far as I am aware of, no. But that is itself the problem.

This isn’t about Rittenhouse. It’s about gun culture in America. Imagine what people in other countries are thinking when they look at us.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
Are you listening to what they’re actually saying?
They’re saying they are highly disappointed in the verdict— well, except for the President, who is attempting to play it both ways. Are you highly disappointed in the verdict, or are these elected officials not “credible left wing figures”?

Literally every single person I’ve heard talk about this. Sorry I didn’t take a list of names.
Ok, so various, evidently forgettable people you’ve heard somewhere other than Fox share your position on this. Thanks for the insight. Glad I asked…
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
Should Kyle be in jail for what he did? I would say yes. Should he have been found guilty of murder? No. Should he have been found guilty of any statutory crime? As far as I am aware of, no. But that is itself the problem. 
This is doublespeak— jail? Yes. Guilty of breaking any laws? No.

Well, I hope it is merely doublespeak. The only other explanation would be fascism.

Actually, “doublespeak” isn’t the proper descriptor; contradictory is more accurate.
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@Double_R
This isn’t about Rittenhouse. It’s about gun culture in America. Imagine what people in other countries are thinking when they look at us.
Every single one of the scumbags (ironically except Rosenbaum) had a gun that night. Pretty sure those vandal posers who stand for nothing other than looting are the real issue, how the fuck does someone with Huber's record get a firearm legally? Disgusting.

Lots of issues with how those guys had guns, that's the gun culture that's an issue.

Kyle, I agree with you, is both not the issue and is a scumbag. Due his actions that night, the 18 year old that purchased the firearm for him is gonna get found guilty now. Kyle posed as an EMT to get in and seek out action and trouble, he's probably a little sociopathic and/or narcissistic. 

I got no doubts about that. 

Until people hate guns being easily available to all sorts of citizens with easy access more than the fact that Kyle Rittenhouse happened to get hold of an AR-15, they won't properly understand the issue.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
As in people who think the fact that a 17 year old can strap himself with an AR15 and head right in the middle of a downtown area the police are telling people to stay away from, then end up killing 2 people and suffer no repercussions? What about them?

People win Darwin awards every day and nobody bats an eye. These particular fools charging an armed young man for putting out a fire deserve no pity. Perhaps ridicule, but certainly no pity. These guys were exactly of the mindset of Michael Brown.

At some point you have to respect the consequences of bad behavior for  society to exist. Not all Darwin award candidates deserve to be saved. I know you are a big supporter of the idea that Big Government can protect you from harming yourself, but in reality, Government has saved very few idiots, despite the rhetoric. That child rapist was totally unable to be rehabilitated. He was going to suicide through his actions at some point, just like the guy that drove over 40 people. Government can't save those people.

I remember a tragic clip where a bunch of partisan fools were tearing down a statue and while the guy was pulling the rope on a 2 ton metal statue, it crashed down on his head causing permanent brain damage to himself. Sometimes idiots deserve to bi ridiculed so more people don't get the idea that it's ok to be a destroyer of worlds without consequences.

In the end, the lead culprit got himself killed over a dumpster fire that he wanted to see burn the world down around him. The others that followed him got killed or shot likely because they tried to protect that idiot from himself instead of ridiculing his actions. This is why society mocks and punishes bad behavior. To reward and lionize anger leads to chaos and death.

I watched a movie last night called the equalizer with Denzel Washington.
As the culprit lay on the ground dying in a pool of blood, Washington said "Your (life) is going to end on this funky floor over 9800 dollars"
Rosembaum's life ended on a spit and oil covered pavement over a goddamn dumpster fire.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Every single one of the scumbags (ironically except Rosenbaum
Darwin award recipients like him and the guy that ran over 40 people don't care about self defense.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R

That they wished they had guns to protect themselves from tyranny? If you went to the border, that's what all of them say.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Depends which border, Mexico is full of armed gangs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Depends which border, Mexico is full of armed gangs.
Those Mexican gangs control the government because nobody else has guns.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
This is doublespeak— jail? Yes. Guilty of breaking any laws? No.
My very next words were… “But that itself is the problem - This isn’t about Rittenhouse” 

And yet your response portrays my post as making no sense because you act like it was all about Rittenhouse. Why? Are you reading what I have to say with the intent of understanding it, or with the intent of combing through it to find validation in your chase for amusement?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RationalMadman
Kyle, I agree with you, is both not the issue and is a scumbag. Due his actions that night, the 18 year old that purchased the firearm for him is gonna get found guilty now. Kyle posed as an EMT to get in and seek out action and trouble, he's probably a little sociopathic and/or narcissistic. 

I got no doubts about that. 

Until people hate guns being easily available to all sorts of citizens with easy access more than the fact that Kyle Rittenhouse happened to get hold of an AR-15, they won't properly understand the issue.
Sounds to me like we agree on the issue at hand here. Let me know if there is something I’m misinterpreting.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
People win Darwin awards every day and nobody bats an eye.

That child rapist was totally unable to be rehabilitated

In the end, the lead culprit got himself killed over a dumpster fire that he wanted to see burn the world down around him

Rosembaum's life ended on a spit and oil covered pavement over a goddamn dumpster fire.
Do you enjoy having conversations with yourself?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
What about them?

You asked.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
Since you refuse to explain away your contradiction, let’s try this from another angle:  what new law would you propose that would change the behavior and decisions of those who try to follow the law such as Rittenhouse?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
This should be good. Colbert among others wants to change the law to make crossing state lines illegal among other crazy stuff.

Democrats changing the rules since FDR.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Thing is, the rifle was purchased and kept in Wisconsin, therefor such a law wouldn’t have prevented it. Now, it is possible the rifle was illegally purchased by Dominick Black on behalf of Rittenhouse. If the court rules that purchase as illegal, then there is a law already in the books that was broken before this all happened.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
If a Democrat repeats a lie long enough, it becomes MSM news.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
“Democrat” and “MSM news” is a distinction without a difference…

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
17 year olds should not be able to roam the streets with AR15’s
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
That’s because the democrats and MSM both hold the same core value: reality.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
17 year olds should not be able to roam the streets with AR15’s
It looks as though Rittenhouse was excused on that aspect because of a poorly written exception to firearm age restrictions. One year older, and you will accept it as legal, then?

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Double_R
They will be educated even deeper on reality in 2022…
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
Loophole abusers maybe get away with what they did, their friends who made a straw purchase? Not so much.

I wonder what this friend will say when his life gets ruined by that on his record, about the glorious 'oh so innocent' Kyle Rittenhouse. One may wonder why this innocent guy who really wasn't seeking out trouble used a firearm he knew his friend would get arrested for purchasing, posed as an EMT went closer and closer to the violent vandals and looters... Just to 'put out a fire' eh?

What was he putting out? Was he part of the firefighting staff?

One minute he's an EMT, next firefighter and then a wannabe cop.

He uses many techniques in Tucker Carlson's interview with him that artfully dance around what he's directly asked (but I got no doubt Carlson prepared the questions and completely fabricated 'genuine surprise' in reaction to Kyle's well-rehearsed responses where he barely ever hesitates to think before replying).

Is Kyle genuinely saying it's defamation to call a guy who proudly flexes the 👌 symbol alongside Proud Boys is pro-BLM (he knew what the Proud Boys were and what the symbol meant, they got him out of jail by paying his bail, it's not like they were randomly at the bar and tricked him)? I am confused if Kyle's being genuine because he clearly is clueless if he's telling the truth, perhaps that's why he ended up with Proud Boys and Tucker Carlson being his closest allies during this time.

This isn't about Kyle. Kyle is not a celebrity, though he refers to his case a 'self-defence itself on trial' (as opposed to Kyle Rittenhouse, he really says this at least twice during the interview). He is just one guy who made a very unwise decision that night, what's really scary is that most of the rioters I know of have/had records and yet wielded pistols... Are they all punished?

Gun Laws really need work, Kyle wasn't part of a trained militia against the government, he explicitly says so in his case. Thus, the 2nd Amendment doesn't remotely apply.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Is Kyle genuinely saying it's defamation to call a guy who proudly flexes the 👌 symbol alongside Proud Boys is pro-BLM
I meant he says he's pro-BLM but to call him the opposite.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@cristo71
It looks as though Rittenhouse was excused on that aspect because of a poorly written exception to firearm age restrictions. One year older, and you will accept it as legal, then?
No. Age is part of the problem, but it’s not the only issue.

While we’re on simple answers to simple questions… A man decides to head into a downtown area that’s experiencing civil unrest armed with an AR15. By the end of the night two people are killed by that AR15. Do you find this result surprising?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RationalMadman
I meant he says he's pro-BLM but to call him the opposite.
Is there something wrong with that?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Double_R
According to Kyle there is. 

He says he is pro-BLM and that he is grateful that he had the representation he had and empathises with those of other races who may get both poorer representation and bias.

In a way, even if he's being fake there I like what he said in the interview. It shows he realises that had he been someone who was Latino or Black with said gun in the exact same scenario, it is very possible he'd have been found guilty on at least one charge and no doubt the right-wing media wouldn't have had his back nearly as much, though he didn't mention that part.