Author: disgusted

Total: 140
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Lol.

I make a post showing you dodge questions, and you respond by asking more questions!

I don't mind dodging. I know you must dodge or admit you can't answer, but you liberals expect all your questions answered even as you dodge the questions of others.

You also have exceptions to rights. You know you do. You live like you do. If your position was not hypocritical, you would not need to be dishonest.

This is a drive-by because you run everytime. Answer a few questions then, as I suggested. Let's see if your staunch support for "rights" without exception stands up.
This is one of the most hilarious posts I've ever see, especially given it's author.

Plisken
Plisken
Now the right of property, and the implications thereof....that might be around awhile.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Oh look the wannabe lord of his own lunchbox is feeling put upon because people ask him questions, how very quaint. Come on thang let your hatred and disgusting vitriol run riot, you know you are desperate to but the banhammer has frightened you into subservience. Oh dear.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Plisken
Surely, a sincere apology is something you would want me to understand.
Not really. I don't care that much. You can understand anything you want.

What exactly are you apologizing for?
I told you. I am a polite person. When I meet people who seem disoriented and confused, as you do, I am extra polite. Perhaps it comes from my experience that people like you, who barge into threads as if someone addressed them, are usually aggressive and unstable. So being very polite is a way not to set them off.

I don't shy away from fights, but I'd rather fight over something of consequence. Hence the apology. Not for anything, but just to keep the nice man who has stumbled into my thread from going postal.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@ethang5
In the future, if you don't wish to make an apology observing a lapse in proper manner, I am accustomed to the phrase "please excuse me", or often as it's known to be asking for grant, plainly requesting to be excused.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Plisken
I will consider doing what you want "in the future". But don't hold your breadth.

You are grossly overestimating how much I care about you or your opinion. Now, please excuse me, I have to watch some grass grow
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@ethang5
I remind you that this is a public forum, on the world wide web.  There is of course, no inherent reason for you to read into my opinions at all.  There is a feature I believe to block users on this website that may be of interest to you, though I've never tried it myself.  I hope you don't feel bound to conversation.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ethang5
The real reason legal abortion exists is that otherwise a) illegal abortion will flourish b) many vulnerable women will have to bear the cost of bearing and rearing child with little assistance.
A woman can give birth to a baby - but obviously she has the right to choose whether to do so or not and does not lose that right to choose by being raped - IMO.

Also IMO is that there is nothing good about abortions - if abortions were good then all pregnancies should be aborted  which is clearly absurd.   it is not a matter of one side being good and the other bad - it is a matter of choosing the lesser of evils.

I don't think there is a better option than allowing early abortions but not very late ones.  I think the proper criterion is the benthamite one:
The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?

We aren't clever enough to know when a foetus can suffer, so we have to make educated guesses and in practice chose a compromise cut-off point that will leave some people unhappy.   But the decision should be based on actual suffering and social consequences, not religious or political dogma.  IMO, of course.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Plisken
I hope you don't feel bound to conversation.
No. I was not speaking to you when you barged into my thread. And I have no clue why you keep posting to me when it should be obvious to you that your cry for attention is not welcome.

No need to block you. I'll just place you in the obsessive ignore bin.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@ethang5
Well, one reason I have is to inform you that it does not belong to you.  It is open to the public, and was certainly not barged into.  If you start your own I will respect your expressed interest in it, and any rules.  I can't gauruntee that others will.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
I believe in science, not scientism. You are the one creating a dichotomy here, not me. You don't see how a person can have faith and still believe in science. 
You don't believe in science at all, prove it. What is the origin of all the plants and all the creatures that have ever existed on this planet?

God of course. What can science tell you for certain about origins? How did the universe originate? How does life arise from something non-living and not conscious? Give me conclusive proof of your answer.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted

You failed to answer all three questiions, you fail because you are a lying hypocrite and you don't have a mind, that's why you use the minds of the misogynist IPSS.
Zombie incoming.

5) What value do you hold in human worth?
Translate the above into coherent.
Do you hold that all human beings are equal in worth?

When is the start of a new life after sex of a male and female human being?
Most of the time never, you don't know anything little one. Ask the IPSS they don't know either.
Science and scientists tell you, yet you deny it. I'm still waiting for your scientific proof. 

4) Is it right to kill human beings? No I am anti capital punishment and anti war, what about you?
It would seem that your answer is yes. You fucking hypocrite
There are times when it is necessary, such as self-defense, but never an innocent human being.

Capital punishment is a life for a life. It is a guilty life for an innocent life in many cases - people who have no regard for others and those they hurt. 

Do you think justice should be equal?

I do until it gets pointless. Then I dismiss you as not worth debating with. As I said, your mind is made up and you can't see the irrationality of it.

You mean you run away because I reject your lies outright, your lies are useless against the truth that I tell. Your IPSS are fairy tale tellers and you are the fool that believes them. It's time for you to run away.

And you wonder why I have no time for your posts. It is one ad hominem and one assertion after another. You make a discussion personal and you make it nasty. To date, I have not been emotion in any of these replies. If you want to get personal, you are an emotional cry-baby. Boo-hoo. (^8

Plisken
Plisken
What is ipss?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Plisken

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
Give me conclusive scientific proof, you have no belief in science, you believe in a fairy king.

14 days later

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
No. I was not speaking to you when you barged into my thread.
Citation thang? Just another lie thang? what makes someone like you think you own a thread? A thread you didn't author? Can the class say narcissistic liar?

mustardness
mustardness
Sleptical One----I am for human rights from the moment of birth.
Except for the pregnant woman of course.  Another Trumpanzee Clone

Oooh, yum-yum, who doesnt want a piece of that cloned flesh/meat?

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@keithprosser
I don't think there is a better option than allowing early abortions but not very late ones.  I think the proper criterion is the benthamite one:
The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?
The the pregnant woman  may suffer  --and in most cases will suffer--   irrespective of what she decides.

Who cares about the pregnant woman? Certainly not the Trumpanzee Clones https://www.debate.org/Greyparrot/

She is not a mother until the fetus/baby is born, not to mention the baby is breathing and the umbilichord has been severed otherwise, it is still-birth.

The Future for Humanity is so much more than Freedom to Choose or No Freedom to Choose.

Humanity needs to step outside its narrow-minded, ego based arm-pit of consideration and think wholistically.

All-for-one and one-for-all considers 7.7 billion people on and Earth that is creating toxic wastes to maintain a rising standard-of-living irrespective of what is needed to live a healthy life without destroying the ecological systems that sustain humanity.

Think globally act locally.

Think wholistically act with integrity.

>< = dumb-bell future of growing divide between rich and poor

<> = fat middle class and fewest poor and fewest rich and two ends.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@mustardness
Until and unless human nature changes radically there will be unwanted pregnancies.   i think its plain that terminating an unwanted pregnancyvery near the beginning is not a 'big deal' but terminating a very late pregnancy is a very big deal.

The problem is the huge gray area in between.  I don't see how there can be an objective point where terminating a pregnancy becomes unacceptable.   Of course on can say 'when the notochord is functional' is an objective point but there is no objective reason to use that as the divding line and not any other criterion.

Clearly what we need to do is encourage women with unwanted pregnancies ot abort them as early as possible.   Other things we have to decide is what to do if an abortion occurs after any legal cut-off point.  Jail? Fine?  Social/psychiatric support?   And if an unwanted baby is born do we force the mother to look after it or do we take it away for adoption?

Rather than the abstract morality - which is endlessly debatable- what needs discussing is what we do in the real-world.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@keithprosser
what needs discussing is what we do in the real-world.

First there is education and encouraging prevention not just-say-no to one of puberties strongest genetic urges
....{ see Catholic or other religous issues other alledged conservative values/morals :--( }.....

2nd there is action of creating new technologies and supplying the prevention world wide

3rd is creating new technologies of next day abortion pills etc and supplying them world wide

4th is creating laws to protect pregnant womens rights to choose what they do with their bodies

5th government or corporate family health instituted world wide

6th global education of global problems resultants of global population growth ...7.7 billion

USA should be leaders of this and they are not. USA currently appears to be dimwitted/ignorant { or worse } on all most global issues.