Macron

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 11
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
"Nationalism is the opposite of Patriotism"

Homeboys never picked up a thesaurus cause Patriotism is a listed synonym of Nationalism 😂. 

"We gotta defend ourselves against China, Russia, and the US."

He might as well have spit on the graves of American veterans that were crucial in saving Frances ass twice. As per usual, the French have lost their god-damn minds 😂. 
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@Buddamoose
Patriotism doesn't really make sense to me, as it's generally used to express love rather than belief, of one's country.   A nation is not necessarily bound to the state.

In America people may take for granted that our state is built regognizing the rights of our nation, developing with respect for the human figure, but that is historically rather unlikely.  We pride ourselves in upholding the values necessary for a free country to persist.

Plisken
Plisken
"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which is stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all"  

The idea that you are not born into subjectship is very important to Americans.

Plisken
Plisken
Rights recognized by the United States apply to non-citizens residing in the legal juristiction as well and you may renounce your citizenship if you so choose. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
He tried to backtrack a bit.  The idea of them fending for themselves collectively makes sense and is a great idea.  Though i would give him a big F.U. for the comment of having to defend themselves against the U.S.  that would never happen, and they couldn't anyway.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Buddamoose
I believe he is correct if we consider the connotatons of each. Nationalism is "my country is the greatest!", suggesting it can do no wrong; whereas Pariotism is "I love my country!", suggesting a willingness to work for it (and make it better).
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@SkepticalOne
I love my country for many reasons, one being, it's the greatest.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I love my country for many reasons, one being, it's the greatest.

Duly noted.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@SkepticalOne
do you not love your country because it's great?  do you not think your country is great?  
 suggesting it can do no wrong
no idea where you got this from
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Plisken
sounds about right, after all this time of living under the umbrella of the U.S. they now want to grow up and be on the own....sort of LOL  finally they are going to move out of the basement and live on their own!!!  congratz!  After all these decades of enjoy the protection and money of the U.S. not only do they want to strike out on their own (about time) but they stab the U.S. in the back while doing it, it's mind boggling.  Time for some tough love, let's just keep all the money and return it to the tax payers.
Plisken
Plisken
Reposting

American translation?  ->Ask not what what your country can do for you.  Ask what you can do for your country

What Macron is thinking ->  If Americans don't get tired of winning, France might have to learn how to take care of itself for the first time in well....I better say this in a way that states the need to step up for independance without making concessions.