the omnipotent god that -human- logic doesn't apply to

Author: Lunar108

Total: 9
Lunar108
Debates: 0
Lunar108
if logic Doesn't apply to god how do we decide which god should we follow ?
after all god/s(it) is beyond our limited human logic ,
if we argue about the supernatural nonsense written in any holy book or religion they will tell you god created the world so he can do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and if you argue about their god/s actions they will tell you that you can't understand the logic of a supreme omnipotent being with your limited logic
==========================================================================================================================
when arguing with a religious person , whenever you try to apply logic to their god you'll hear the saying "our human logic doesn't apply to god/gods" ,or "god/gods is omnipotent and logic doesn't apply to it "
so here is a questions
1.how are we humans supposed to discuss god if logic doesn't apply to it
2.if god is omnipotent then every single god/gods from each religion has the chance of being the true god since god is omnipotent + logic doesn't apply to it + god can do whatever it wants 
by saying logic doesn't apply to god and god is omnipotent being you're not asserting the existence of your god , you're saying that each and every god out there have a chance of being the true one , since we can't judge god to begin with and they all could be wrong too
===============================================================================================================================
1.muslims claim that there's only one god and god wouldn't take a wife or a child, why ? because if there's 2 gods and they had different opinions they will have a fight , your judging god according to human logic you're telling god what he can and can't do .
2.hindu claim that god took a wife and had children to teach us the importance of building a family as it's the corner stone of society , but that's also according to our human logic if you ask them how do they decide things if two gods have 2 different opinions , they will tell you that's the matter of the gods and our logic doesn't apply to them .
3.christains claim there's one god with different vessels , I argued with a christian and he said ,:"it's something like an pc rpg , you can play a worrior ,a mage,or an assassin , you are the player controlling them , each one is different but you are one , god is one but he is represented by multiple being , vessel "
but that is also according to our human logic.
religious people telling god what he should and shouldn't do
also judging god according to our limited human logic
but when it's our turn to apply logic to their god/s we are doing something wrong after all logic doesn't apply to god
=========================================================================================================================
this may look confusing but basically religious people apply logic to god/s when it's convenient for them. when it's not, logic doesn't apply to their god/s
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lunar108
A Zedku for Lunar 108.

LOGIC 1

SO

GOD

AND THEN

A BLOKE WAS NAILED TO A POST.

BECAUSE YOU AND I ARE SINNERS.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
There are plenty of religions that don't have omnipotent gods if that's what you're looking for. But honestly you're not looking for a god to follow so I don't understand why you're asking. Even if you're raised in a religion you at some point have to feel a calling to follow that god or you don't anymore. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
One would suggest Poly, that the very purpose of any GOD would be omnipotence.

Something that just huffs and puffs and creates a bit of wind for example, is really just a labourer....Not even a sub-GOD.

Not that I'm in charge of GOD classification.

Are you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 Even if you're raised in a religion you at some point have to feel a calling to follow that god or you don't anymore. 

I keep hearing this phrase "a calling".   "Tradey" Tradesecret spouts it often as have few other members here. But they all fail to explain what  "receiving a calling" is or means or where it comes from. Can you explain, Witch? 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
This is why i can not stress the point enough.
If you see a god just keep saying over and over.  What group do i join?
(  WHAT GROUP DO I JOIN ?  ) 
For it is the only thing you need to know. 
Once it tells you.  Join that group and follow it to a T.

I mean. 
Fathom joining a religious group before a god telling you. 

Fathom what believing in a god thing has to do with being in a religious group.  

Andddddddddd incomes Occums razors

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Being illiterate on how pre-Christian gods work is not my problem.

If you spend years debating theists and haven't grasped a basic concept of a calling you have failed. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

If you spend years debating theists and haven't grasped a basic concept of a calling you have failed. 

I guess I have failed. That is why that seeing that you are the most recent to use the phrase " a calling to follow a god", why are you reluctant now to explain it to me?  Or are you just like those other theist that simply likes to spout this ambiguous phrase but cannot explain it  yourself when politely asked to do so?

What is  "receiving a calling" ? What does it mean to receive a calling? Where does it come and from who does it come?. Can you explain, Witch? 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"Illiterate" wasn't quite the word you were looking for Poly.

Ignorant was probably the one.

Bit of a foot shooter there.

But hey, we all make mistakes.

"Calling" is an easy concept to understand Poly.

It's an internal response to acquired data.

No magical beings out there, Poly.

They're all inside Poly.