Author: Fruit_Inspector

Total: 85
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
For sure Doc.

The measure of success can be what ever you want it to be.

But by measures of social importance, influence and wealth, they are successful.

There's no getting away from the fact.

And there's no getting away from the obvious fact, that you harbour resentment.

Better to be content with what you've got Doc.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
theres many successful people against this 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
he is also the largest owner of farmland, Bill Gates the farmer
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
For sure Doc.

Opposition is the nature of the beast.

Life would be to simple if we all agreed.

But you are just empathising with the label that you are conditioned to  agree with.

Which doesn't negate the success of those who wear the other label.

Top of the morning to ya Doc.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
morning to you zed, looks like man city is running away with the prem
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Just another thing to blame the increased deaths on this year instead of the 2 million infected illegal invaders this year.

Original Covid was far more deadlier than Omicron, and yet fewer unvaccinated Americans died in 2020 than were killed in 2021.

11 days later

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
California Deputy DA Who Fought Vaccine Mandate Dies Abruptly After Falling Ill With COVID at Age 46.
Kelly Ernby, a presumed candidate for the state Assembly in 2022, was only 46 years old. According to the Los Angeles Times, she fell ill shortly after speaking out against vaccine mandates at a rally organized by Turning Point USA on Dec. 4.
“There’s nothing that matters more than our freedoms right now,” she was quoted telling the crowd during the rally at Irvine City Hall.
It was not immediately clear where or how she contracted the virus. Her death has sparked an outpouring of tributes from colleagues who praised her for her passion and experience.
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
What's the point?
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
34,000 Americans under Biden's administration Died from Covid and variants while being fully vaccinated in 2021.
The link doesn't say that. It does say the 2020 numbers were probably underreported. 

At the time the 60 year old died from Omicron, Biden had let in 2 million untested invaders to flood Texas in the hopes of killing Americans.
He's being skewered by liberals and open border libertarians for his border policy.  See Biden administration increases border deportations and prosecutions to deter migration or Biden Pushes Deterrent Border Policy After Promising ‘Humane’ Approach as some examples. But you're saying he purposefully wants to kill Americans just for the fun of it? That's cool. So he's like Hitler but less charismatic. 

Original Covid was far more deadlier than Omicron, and yet fewer unvaccinated Americans died in 2020 than were killed in 2021.

That's because the most densely populated parts of the country spent a good portion of 2020 on lockdown, working remotely, not congregating in places with lots of people and socially distanced whenever they were finally able to see others. By 2021 that was all gone. I've noticed they don't wear masks or have any social distancing or anything like that the second you leave the border of a major city. Even in Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, etc. where you're so close to NYC they've had like no protocols in place at all outside of medical facilities for the entire year. 

I mean this is like saying "Oh the flu just really disappeared in 2020 huh?! FISHY!" Yeah because everybody was staying away from each other, sanitizing the shit out of everything and washing their hands every 5 seconds. You gotta chill with the conspiracies. I mean Bill Gates? Really? Lol. Do you know who else made a ton of money during the pandemic? Every single other rich person who has a portfolio like his because they continuously compound wealth. They really don't need to crush Bettys' Nail Salon or Danny's Pizzeria to make another billion dollars, nor do they need to microchip you (though I can absolutely foresee that being a technology of the future people choose to utilize for convenience, like cell phones). 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
I think it's weird that people suddenly care about vaccine mandates. It used to just be far left hippies and far right bible thumpers who were opposed. If the opposition is against it now because Covid in particular is relatively harmless, then why did nobody say a word about the chicken pox vaccine mandate that went into effect a few years ago for NYC schools? Talk about harmless. Covid killed 600,000+ people in a year; the chicken pox kills, like, five newborns a year and that's it. Everyone else just gets itchy from it. So obviously the recent opposition is more about political posturing than actually believing in the value of bodily autonomy. 

My initial thought was that of course a private business could mandate vaccination for employees and/or the public. However that of course leads to things like religious exemptions, and it's always bugged me that religious beliefs are categorized as a protected class as opposed to any other deeply held beliefs. But I'm okay with private businesses mandating proof of vaccination. I am not okay with the government mandating that private businesses require vaccination like they did in NYC.  

As far as public workers (since this became a huge issue here) nobody has a right to work for the government, so if one does not want to adhere to city job requirements, it's their prerogative to work somewhere else. Vaccine mandates are nothing new. Soldiers are required to be vaccinated to join the armed forces, and again before last year nobody seemed to give a shit about anyone's right to choose (even in the military) outside of the tiny percentage of anti vaxxers that existed  and the libertarians sympathetic to their cause. It's not even just the abortion issue where you can find hypocrisy -- covid anti vaxxers don't seem to have a problem with other vaccine mandates at all. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 But you're saying he purposefully wants to kill Americans just for the fun of it? That's cool. So he's like Hitler but less charismatic. 

Eh, not purposefully. More along the lines of negligence.

The link doesn't say that. It does say the 2020 numbers were probably underreported. 
Just did quick math using generous estimates about how many times more effective the vax was at preventing death. It's prolly a lot higher accounting for the variants that the original vacc wasn't designed for. Almost 3 years in and the govt still won't admit to the people that losing weight (for people under 60) prevents death from Covid far more than getting a vaxx... probably because most people can't lose weight fast enough to get out of the at-risk category, so they need the vaxx now asap.

Covid killed 600,000+ people in a year; the chicken pox kills, like, five newborns a year and that's it

Wait...more newborns died from chickenpox than Covid? Source?

I think it's weird that people suddenly care about vaccine mandates.
People are getting nervous about the mixed messaging, and then you have people like Fauci that claims he is the undisputed champion of science and shouldn't be questioned. If the govt wasn't pushing so hard, I bet more people would choose to get it.

This is a weird time when the government is discouraging free speech on this. It's making people hella nervous.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Danielle
There's a lot that could be unpacked there, but I was specifically asking about the end goal of this particular vaccine mandate. It appears we are trying to get as close to 100% vaccination rate in the U.S., save for perhaps a few medical exemptions. There should be a clearly defined purpose as to what goal that will achieve, and a justification for why this mandate will achieve that goal.

So what is the specific goal of getting to the entire nation vaccinated?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
I don't get the goal of  either100 percent vaccination or universal vaccine passport policies knowing that vaccinated people  can spread all variants known and unknown.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't get the goal of either100 percent vaccination or universal vaccine passport policies knowing that vaccinated people can spread all variants known and unknown.
Agreed. Now that the narrative has gone off the rails, that should be enough to put an end to it. But I think the lack of a clearly articulated end goal (as I have been asking for) has allowed people to continue to be convinced that vaccine mandates will get rid of COVID-19 and solve all our problems. We're not sure how. But it will. Because science.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Probably because defying unscientific mandates are a threat to Democracy. Or whatever buzzphrase DC uses today to keep the peace.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector

I'm just showing how evolution works.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
I'm just showing how evolution works.
Perhaps you could elaborate.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Fruit_Inspector

Kelly Ernby should get a Darwin Award.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@Greyparrot
I believe the correct terminology is:
  • "anti-vaxxers who are perpetuating their white supremacist nationalism through science-denying conspiracy theories and misinformation, which is as great of an attack on our democracy as the terrorists who breached the sacred halls of our Capitol on the worst day in U.S. history - January 6th - the day when Trump explicitly told people to murder AOC and commit a violent insurrection that was obviously premeditated and not in any way just a large crowd of people being instigated by federal agents or anything like that"
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
Kelly Ernby should get a Darwin Award.
Perhaps you could elaborate.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Yeah, that should shut the people up.
FLRW
FLRW
More proof of how evolution works.

A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots. 
The Arlington Republican Party confirmed the passing of Kelly Canon on Facebook. 
“Another tragedy and loss for our Republican family. Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot. Gone way too soon We will keep her family in our prayers,” the Arlington Republican Club said in a statement

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
And all those 30,000 DEAD people that followed the unscientific Mandates Cuomo ordered are also Darwin award recipients.

Think before you obey.
Fruit_Inspector
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@FLRW
More proof of how evolution works.

A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots. 
The Arlington Republican Party confirmed the passing of Kelly Canon on Facebook. 
“Another tragedy and loss for our Republican family. Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot. Gone way too soon We will keep her family in our prayers,” the Arlington Republican Club said in a statement. 
Perhaps you could elaborate on how exactly this shows how evolution works.