Evidence for God

Author: rbelivb

Total: 191
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@FLRW
Most literature is fictional at some level, but fictionality is not a defining trait of literature. A piece of writing is literary whenever authors employ literary techniques, regardless of whether they record what really happened or made it up.
Ok. I fail to see the relevance but I do support your right to post anything you like.

Although the 19 books contained within this text were included in the Holy Bible for thousands of years, they were removed a little over 200 years ago.
This is a little untrue isn't it? Do you know the timeline of the bible books coming together? It's less than 2,000 years. The "Holy Bible" as you call it has not existed for "thousands of years" even if some individual books in it have existed that long.

Its now time to reclaim these treasured scriptures and get further insight into God's word.
What does "reclaim" mean? Every one of those books are public and easily accessable. And they may be "scripture" for your personal religion, but they certainly fail the test as scripture for Christianity.

I suggest you Google them, print them, and then peruse them at your leisure. Though I doubt they will give you better insight into God's word than God's words themselves.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Tradesecret
@Reece101
Time is relative to the observer. For me the concept has existed longer than 5 minutes. Are you saying God is relative?
I think TS said, "the concept of God."
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ethang5
Aaand?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Are you OK Mr E?
Just dandy.

You just went BOOM
Sorry. I'm not so up on the slangs you kids use today. But Mrs Ethan does think I'm explosive.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Tradesecret
@Reece101
How about this?  try and prove that the concept of God has existed for more than five minutes. 

Time is relative to the observer. For me the concept has existed longer than 5 minutes. Are you saying God is relative?
I think TS said, "the concept of God."

Aaand?
Seems to me that it is the concept of God that people hold that he views as relative. Why you would assume he meant that God is relative is quizzical.

(Sorry TS. I know you were trying to point out some other truth to him.)
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ethang5
Seems to me that it is the concept of God that people hold that he views as relative. Why you would assume he meant that God is relative is quizzical.

(Sorry TS. I know you were trying to point out some other truth to him.)
How do you seperate God from concept?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
You kids.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
I can't believe you think anyone should take you seriously at this point.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
For a pagan, you’re very defensive of Christian beliefs. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
Nowhere in Christian beliefs does it say God came into existence 2,000 years ago. It says Christ was born 2000 years ago. If you can't understand the difference between the two concepts you shouldn't be here discussing them with people. It has nothing to do with Christian's beliefs it has to do with being accurate to the myths involved in the Christian religion.

And honestly theists before atheists. Don't pretend you don't lump theists in one big freaking pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Nowhere in Christian beliefs does it say God came into existence 2,000 years ago. It says Christ was born 2000 years ago. If you can't understand the difference between the two concepts you shouldn't be here discussing them with people. It has nothing to do with Christian's beliefs it has to do with being accurate to the myths involved in the Christian religion.
Are you saying for me to debate christians I have to coddle them in acting as if their myths (written 2000 years ago) are true? And you think I treat them worse? Plus how does that work?

How about I give you a clue to prove me wrong as a “non-christian”… There are archetypes in Christianity far older than said religion.

And honestly theists before atheists. Don't pretend you don't lump theists in one big freaking pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings. 
I don’t. What’s your deal?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
That's how your argument flows over your last couple of messages. Maybe you have a better one?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Well, one big freaking pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings did invent gods.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
I didn't care  if you believe its true or not what you need to do to be accurate. If you're just going to make stuff up then you're not even addressing the material. You're just saying what you're saying to be antagonistic without being accurate makes you look stupid. It's like talking about the stay puft marshmallow man's role in the Harry Potter books yeah it's all fiction but you look dumb as hell saying it.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
Every atheist was present for the beginning of every religion what a miracle.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Reece101
How do you seperate God from concept?
They aren't joined and need no separation.

I don’t. What’s your deal?
You sure post like you do.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
That's how your argument flows over your last couple of messages. Maybe you have a better one?
No it isn’t, so you can’t criticize one’s argument without having a proper understanding of what it is, so to make things easier for you answer this, how do you know morality isn’t merely an illusion?
FLRW
FLRW

The USA has a staggering figure of 3,204 serial killers. That is approximately 19 times more serial killers than the next country on list. Thank God the USA is Christian.
As a serial killer all you have to do is confess your sins and you go right to Heaven.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
That literally is your argument. Just reread our messages, and that's the argument you made. 

I know morality isn't an illusion because I can deduce a universally true moral principle. 

How do you know your experience of God isn't an illusion? 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I didn't care  if you believe its true or not what you need to do to be accurate. If you're just going to make stuff up then you're not even addressing the material. You're just saying what you're saying to be antagonistic without being accurate makes you look stupid. It's like talking about the stay puft marshmallow man's role in the Harry Potter books yeah it's all fiction but you look dumb as hell saying it.
I don’t know where to begin. How does your analogy apply to what I said? Do you think when I was talking about God I was only talking about Jesus? No I wasn’t. Bad analogy by the way. It would have been within one fictional universe. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ethang5
They aren't joined and need no separation.
I’ll put it another way. How do you distinguish between them?

You sure post like you do.
How in the world do you extrapolate from what I say that I ‘lump theists in one big pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings.’?

Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
That literally is your argument. Just reread our messages, and that's the argument you made. 
Unless you have a direct quote from me, I don’t want to hear that nonsense.

I know morality isn't an illusion because I can deduce a universally true moral principle.
That’s not answering the question it’s begging it, how do you deduce a universally true moral principle? That’s like me saying I know my experience of God isn’t an illusion because I can deduce a universally true religion in Christianity.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@FLRW
Well, one big freaking pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings did invent gods.
The fact that we can invent gods in itself is amazing, in a seemingly infinite platform... that thought exists. That's pretty crazy in how many possible ways these thoughts can manifest if thoughts can manifest... and i don't see why not. There can be entire conscious universes out there, gods, in their own right. The brain is real, just like biological life is real... aliens must exist right? Bc the universe is so huge... well, it's infinite and consciousness manifests. How many ways can that play out? ... but that is the key... in infinity it plays out infinitely.. i suspect that's why we are what we are. Infinite characters comingling. I don't like your statement, although sort of agree with it, i just don't like it. The implication of "invent" is so crazy. And maybe it just hits different for the mentally incompetent.. but they all have a point, but they all also fail to realize the universe is bigger than them... so when it comes to it, i think "religion" is poison when it's not accepted as plural. So i tend to agree more with atheists and agnostics. Bc i have to.. that's our character and we exist too. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Reece101
How do you distinguish between them?
The concept of God is sourced in the mind of a man. All concepts are. God isn't.

How in the world do you extrapolate from what I say that I ‘lump theists in one big pile of illiterate, mentally ill, mentally incompetent human beings.’?
Sorry, but it is not yet time to give Ragnar an excuse to perma-ban me. Perhaps later?

It's just an impression you leave people, not a big deal, don't worry about it.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ethang5
The concept of God is sourced in the mind of a man. All concepts are. God isn't.
That didn’t answer my question. I’ll be more precise. How do you distinguish between God conceptually and God which you claim isn’t conceptual?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
The concept of God is sourced in the mind of man. All concepts are. God isn't.

Initially you  agree with what I've always told you.

And then you go and contradict.

Nonetheless, I sense that your total devotion to your chosen GOD concept is now in question.

You've certainly earned your questioning theist badge.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
Like I said, just reread our messages, that's the argument you made. 

I don't feel like going through my moral epistemology. I'd like an answer to my question.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Evidence for God. 

All ya have to do is get this god thing.
Bring him on down to the lab. 
We will get a bunch of scientists and " non scientists "  
Run a few tests and ummmm,  yeah , 
You win.  

So Just bring him on in.

Bring him down. 
Thats all. 

If you guys could do this " Sooner " then later would be good. 

Now i feel obliged to mention that.
You only have a Million gazillion more years to prove god exists .  
SOOOOOO ...   (  DO NOT RUSH THIS GUYS.  ) 
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
Like I said, just reread our messages, that's the argument you made. 
I don’t need to reread anything, I know the type of thing I’m capable of saying and I wouldn’t say that.

I don't feel like going through my moral epistemology. I'd like an answer to my question.
And I’d like an answer to mine so I guess we’re both out of luck.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
Okay well let's talk about this then the concept of God must be older than 2000 years if there were people worshiping gods in the bronze Age which was 3,700 years ago. Jesus is 2,000 years old other religions including the god of Abraham are older than that. If you can't figure out what people are saying or you don't understand the concepts involved in religion in general don't freaking come here and argue about them. The concept of God is much older than 2,000 years old and if you don't actually believe that then you are an idiot because there is actually archeology that supports the fact gods were worship longer than 2,000 years ago whether the gods exist or not they were worshiped so the concept existed.