I contacted a moderator

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 25
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
He blew me off told me he wasn't going to do anything I just needed to not post so I'm officially asking for the moderators to do something
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
What's happening?
Wylted
Wylted
Just saw it

Supa was being childish to close that thread, but honestly couldn't you just answer the question. Stephen would immediately stop asking you that question if you answered it. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
No I don't have to f****** answer any question I don't want to just cuz I'm on a forum. There's a rule that when you ask someone not to address it with you anymore that they're supposed to stop. Now I find out that rule is you have to do an official request for a restraining order and then you're never allowed to post in a topic they post and you're never allowed to post after them in a topic. Maybe what the mods should do is actually do their job and tell people that person's told you not to quit harassing them regarding that question, knock it off it's been over six posts and 23 times he's asked me about it. To say that he's not being excessive but I am is b******* and if that's the case then don't do anything but don't have a rule saying you'll do something when you will not.
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
p1. I asked moderators to do something but they blew me off. 
p2. The reason for this was because I just needed to not post
c1.  Therefore I am officially asking for the moderators to do something
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Bones
Truly, all that is needed to avoid unwanted company in society, is to never leave one's home.
(Sarcasm)
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
False equivalency fallacy. She can literally just ignore them. He'll she could probably spend a day or two making a browser extension where she doesn't even have to see their forum posts
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
If it's a False equivalency fallacy,
Why do Profile Blocks and Restraining Orders exist on this site?

Perhaps because some people online, as in life, do 'not stop, even when ignored.
It's not typical of humans, to like letting slander or challenges against oneself go unanswered.
To 'not answer, implies to many, weakness in the one silent, or truth in the post unaddressed.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
So now I got to take a class on computers and come up with a program to block their post instead of a moderator doing their job and saying quit asking the question seriously that's the response from management. Jesus f****** Christ. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lemming
They don't exist on this site obviously. I mean it's in the rules but nobody does anything with it. I mean if you actually block a person in their profile all that does is keep them from tagging you in a response. So it's a f****** joke it's just there to look good the moderators don't follow up on it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No you don't have to answer any f******  questions if you don't want to Poly.

That's the benefit of the remoteness social media.

And also the beauty of ignorance.

You choose to interact or not.

Ignorance is bliss.
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
i dont know all the details, but im reminded of a funny common situation. 

1: dont talk to me
2: but i want to talk to you
1: i said dont talk to me
1. i insist you dont talk to me
2: have you considered not talking to me?
1: i'm gonna report you for this bad behavior
2: that we're talking? 
1: that you won't quit talkin to me
2: but i can't talk to myself if you dont engage with me any more 
1 I said stop talking

and on and on

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Before starting this little public protest, did you first message SupaDudz or Whiteflame about the issue? You know, as SupaDudz (the deputy moderator for the site) indicated you should do?

Not that I would expect them to give a significantly difference answer to the one I have repeated given you already; but if explained better it's possible.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I am open to discussing this issue should you reach out to me.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@n8nrgmi
i dont know all the details, but im reminded of a funny common situation. 

1: dont talk to me
1: i said dont talk to me
1. i insist you dont talk to me
2: have you considered not talking to me?
1: i'm gonna report you for this bad behavior
2: that we're talking? 
1: that you won't quit talkin to me
2: but i can't talk to myself if you dont engage with me any more 
1 I said stop talking

and on and on
100% THIS
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
Polytheist-Witch,

They don't exist on this site obviously. I mean it's in the rules but nobody does anything with it. I mean if you actually block a person in their profile all that does is keep them from tagging you in a response. So it's a f****** joke it's just there to look good the moderators don't follow up on it.
it also blocks them from sending you friend requests and direct messages

i've discussed this issue with @DebateArt.com and they've indicated that it might be feasible to also hide all posts from a user on your blocked list - rendering all your posts invisible to them and their posts invisible to you

and if that system was currently in place - you wouldn't even be able to read this comment
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
You're not a moderator quit addressing people's post like you are one.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
i've discussed this issue with @DebateArt.com and they've indicated that it might be feasible to also hide all posts from a user on your blocked list - rendering all your posts invisible to them and their posts invisible to you

I have seen sites allow you to hide posts of others from yourself, but hiding your posts from them is stupid 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
It's a way for the atheist to hang out in the religion forum and basically ignore all the theist and talk s*** about them and when confronted they can say but we have them on ignore they can't read what I'm saying.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
I have seen sites allow you to hide posts of others from yourself, but hiding your posts from them is stupid 
please be slightly more specific
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
Polytheist-Witch,

It's a way for the atheist to hang out in the religion forum and basically ignore all the theist and talk s*** about them and when confronted they can say but we have them on ignore they can't read what I'm saying.
the proposed block would be mutual

if someone blocked all the people on the religion forum - they wouldn't be able to read anything on the religion forum
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
I understand what you said and I know exactly what would happen that's why I stated it. Don't worry I'm sure you'll win and you and your buddies will get to block all the theists on the religion forum. It'll be super cute.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
giving individuals the ability to block other individuals and become mutually-invisible to each other is a good thing -

mutual-invisibility would make moderators very nearly redundant

i would never suggest banning all theists from this site -

i would never suggest banning all atheists from this site -

i would never suggest banning all deists from this site -

i would never suggest banning all gnostics from this site -

i would never suggest banning all poly-atheists from this site -
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
Polytheist-Witch,

also,

if you're worried about people talking about you behind your back, they can already do that with the current direct-messaging feature
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't worry about cowards and what they do behind my back. Never said you were banning anybody. I said what I said, I was clear about what I said. You think you can kind of twist it around like nobody can read the post before it. It's okay I hope you win cuz it'll make the religion forum even worse than it is. And the mods would be even more unnecessary cuz they don't do anything now. Turns out that basically anyone that's been banned from the religion forum is because RM stepped in and did something about it not because the mods gave a s*** about the site. So like I said it'll be cute to see what happens.