Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 245
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Strange outlook. Not sure how what you believe my nationality is has anything to do with my candidacy here on this website but if that's what you're basing your vote on, I can't help but shrug back at you. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty good tbh. Last time we had Brits looking down on American politics, thousands died.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You're not going to bait me into berating America right here right now, on a website that has majority American userbase. 

If you keep this up, I'll just stop replying to you and block you.

I don't hate America.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Pie loves America. In some ways he is more American than me, because the Indians were here first. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
If you're serious about it I'll discuss with you, if you win, because you are one of the members of the group that shame them when they intervene in things. If you embrace their intervention, it can go a long way.

If you lose this election, I'd still discuss it with you but I reckon you'll want to talk directly to the mods regardless as you don't like me after I talked about respecting you very little.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
He is literally ethnically Indian, from my understanding.

Not Native American but Indian as in south Asian.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
If you're serious about it I'll discuss with you, if you win, because you are one of the members of the group that shame them when they intervene in things. If you embrace their intervention, it can go a long way.
I am serious

If you lose this election, I'd still discuss it with you but I reckon you'll want to talk directly to the mods

Nope, I'm libertarian.  If I put you in charge of something, you are in charge of it with both hands free. 

you don't like me after I talked about respecting you very little.

I like you a lot. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't care about your respect. 

You have problems like I do. Not the same ones, obviously but they exist. It doesn't surprise me that you said it, and I hate being vulnerable,  but it hurt. 

The world is you pushed out, as a famous New thought leader said (bonus points for naming him). 

Knowing that the world is you pushed out, makes me feel bad that you think of me that way. It hurts me sure, but I feel bad for you. I hope that you find peace. 
Wylted
Wylted
I know. The Indian thing was a joke. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
You're not going to bait me into berating America right here right now, on a website that has majority American userbase. 

If you keep this up, I'll just stop replying to you and block you.

I don't hate America.
You hate the current state of affairs in America. You completely disagree with free speech ruling dictated under Brandenburg v Ohio. You dislike the gun policy in the United States, etc. You practically wish AMERICA would become like Britain.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay, blocked. Feel free to spam about me here.

I know of many Americans who agree with me on the gun policy thing but are overpowered by both gun rights activitists and the need to have a gun in case an armed lunatic robs your house or car.

I am not completely against 'free speech' I am against abusive speech that if it's believed by the masses is going to become unbelievably horrendous for the group the hate is aimed at.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
The world is you pushed out, as a famous New thought leader said (bonus points for naming him). 

Knowing that the world is you pushed out,
Well a search engine helped me to find out:

I confess to not knowing too much about the guy other than another source saying he's radical. Not sure I quite agree to what he's implying.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I know of many Americans who agree with me on the gun policy thing but are overpowered by both gun rights activitists and the need to have a gun in case an armed lunatic robs your house or car.
Hell ya let’s just keep knives. Oh wait.

I am not completely against 'free speech' I am against abusive speech that if it's believed by the masses is going to become unbelievably horrendous for the group the hate is aimed at.
If believed by masses. Careful what you wish for
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Your gripe with me is about real-world political issues that you feel very strongly about, it may be that for you that is inseparable from how I will lead the website.

Everything is personal for you, I can't help that. It's not like you're a vote I can sway anyway, you went from running against me to backing Wylted. You never were voting for me, what is it you expect me to do to pander to you here? You will literally not vote for me here no matter what, right?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Your gripe with me is about real-world political issues that you feel very strongly about, it may be that for you that is inseparable from how I will lead the website.
It’s a fundamental right that everyone should have. If you disagree with that, it’s your perogative.

Everything is personal for you, I can't help that. It's not like you're a vote I can sway anyway, you went from running against me to backing Wylted. You never were voting for me, what is it you expect me to do to pander to you here? You will literally not vote for me here no matter what, right?
I am trying to clarify your position on key issues. Isn’t that the purpose for a campaign thread?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s a fundamental right that everyone should have. If you disagree with that, it’s your perogative.
guns or hate speech?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I am trying to clarify your position on key issues. Isn’t that the purpose for a campaign thread?
No you aren't, it's what you slipped in between nationality-shaming, deep anger at me because I don't want white supremacy spread on here (which is against the site rules) and basically all-round being toxic.

I don't get what I even did to you actually, like you in particular I don't know why you have this deep dislike for me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
guns or hate speech?
You want to model this site like Britain which is extremely restrictive in terms of fundamental rights such as free speech. 

You already said you don’t support debates on the advocacy of white supremacy on a debate site. That’s your position, not mine.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
 you don’t support debates on the advocacy of white supremacy on a debate site. That’s your position, not mine.
That's the position of any decent human being on any website.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
No you aren't, it's what you slipped in between nationality-shaming, deep anger at me because I don't want white supremacy spread on here (which is against the site rules) and basically all-round being toxic.
Debating controversial opinions should be banned, got it.

I don't get what I even did to you actually, like you in particular I don't know why you have this deep dislike for me.
I have nothing against you. I’m just trying to bring your beliefs out to the members.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
That's the position of any decent human being on any website.
Ya that’s the basis of groupthink. Glad to see you believe in that too
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Debating controversial opinions should be banned, got it.
Nope, never said that.

White supremacy is controversial and I support banning it but not all controversial opinions should be banned from debate.

It's like saying I am against all numbers if I am against the number 13.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Nope, never said that.

White supremacy is controversial and I support banning it but not all controversial opinions should be banned from debate.

It's like saying I am against all numbers if I am against the number 13.
And which controversial opinions do you support being debated pray tell
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I am not replying to you anymore, it is obvious to anyone who would vote for me what you're doing. It is also something you'd never ask Wylted, to protect his image.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I am not replying to you anymore, it is obvious to anyone who would vote for me what you're doing. It is also something you'd never ask Wylted, to protect his image.
I can ask whatever I want to whomever I want. 

Are you saying that you’re not going to answer any of my questions?

That’s your perogative I guess
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
bump
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Why should anyone believe that you’ll be taken seriously by mods on anything - when you go into an unhinged rage for the slightest of reasons?

On what basis do you think the mods would actually listen to anything you say, rather than rolling their eyes and saying “yeesh, this guy again” and waiting for you to go away?

Don’t you think someone who excessively flies off the handle in almost every situation - from someone voting against you, to not answering a PM, don’t you think your voice is one of the easiest for mods to dismiss on the basis of the little Boy who cried Wolf?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Why should anyone believe that you’ll be taken seriously by mods on anything - when you go into an unhinged rage for the slightest of reasons?
The same reason I take you seriously even though every post by you that is about me is laced with envy and unhinged resentment. Anybody can be taken seriously even if they're totally offputting as a person.

On what basis do you think the mods would actually listen to anything you say, rather than rolling their eyes and saying “yeesh, this guy again” and waiting for you to go away?
Let's see,

I'm the guy that has spotted the most alts for the mods, regularly keeps in contact with the mods behind the scenes and is the most likely person (out of me and Wylted) that the mods themselves will vote for President. So, any time they go 'yeesh that guy' then can go 'yeesh that useful smart ally'.

Don’t you think someone who excessively flies off the handle in almost every situation - from someone voting against you, to not answering a PM, don’t you think your voice is one of the easiest for mods to dismiss on the basis of the little Boy who cried Wolf?
Not when he's the president of the website, no. I'm not sure when they did that to me either, I'm taken very seriously by the mods of the website.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Please pay attention to Wylted's thread, anybody watching this and questioning who to vote.

Furthermore, please notice this:

You see, Wylted, what you are a textbook poser, manipulator and gaslighter even.

When it suits you, you will twist anything and any situation even a friendship you formed with Whiteflame to your advantage and yet when I point out the flaw that comes with being his best bud, suddenly you'll revert to the rebellious freedom fighter persona that is gonna defend everyone's freedom.

Cute position, adorable really but in the end I'm the beast you want in your corner, yes your corner mr recently-banned, when you get banned because I won't cower. I do not bow to them, I actually fight for the freedom you pretend you will.

Your voters are voting for a self-admitted shill who prides himself on his literal only conviction in life being that god is real.

Now we are getting into psychology.  My therapist seemed to notice this as well and asked my.

"Why don't you have any convictions"

I don't, which is why I can change with the wind. The resolute part is something I do just for rhetorical purposes. 

Perhaps not having convictions will change though.  I have one conviction and it acted like a light bulb going off in my head and I lot of things flowed from it.

RM, God is real. 

Knowing this has unclouded my judgement in a lot of ways, and many things flow from this. 

And if it suits you it's god's will you become president instead of me, but who are you as a mortal to talk of God's will? Watch your tone to declare such things if you truly worship this deity because I know that you are not truly a believer if you think you know of God's will.

A true believer would let things play out and know that no matter who wins is God's will. That is real faith, real worship and real humility.
the only reason you went from posting this:

to this very thread is that I didn't soothe your fragile ego in my thread and pretend to respect a guy I have seen habitually lie, twist context, post tactically worded antisemitism and anti-black racism even mocking the disabled and relishing in the anguish of a user he said the world would be better of if she was dead and laughing with pleasure as she showed severe frustration at his victimisation and the supporters you have need to question the man you are.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Do you believe your autism would present difficulties in navigating a DebateArt presidency? 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
A RationalMadman presidency would be reminiscent of Donald Trump blocking people on Twitter.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
A RationalMadman presidency would be reminiscent of Donald Trump blocking people on Twitter.
It feels wierd that I am the stablishment candidate this time around and my opponent is running the outsider campaign