Player List/callsigns:

1) Earth
2) ILikePie5
3) oromagi
4) RationalMadman
5) SupaDudz/Ragnar
6) whiteflame

Five this is three, do you read?

Three this is five I hear you, what is it?

Something came up, we’re holding another last minute meeting in our quarters.

Seriously? Alright, this better be good.

The Alliance delegation had discreetly arrived on board the PLS Steel Mamba two days ago and the ship was underway towards the next secret destination to pick up the last of the delegates that would be attending the talks. Five had taken time to become acquainted with the corridors of the ship and quickly made their way back to the quarters that had been set aside for the rebels. It wasn’t until just a few seconds before they opened the door to their own room that they noticed the unusual quiet, and it wasn’t until a few seconds after they opened it that they were able to surmise the reason for that quiet. By then the sliding door was automatically sealed and it was too late. Against the far wall sat the person they called ‘One’, tied to a chair with tape over their mouth.

“If you have any weapons I suggest you drop them now and sit down.” The two guns pointed at Five’s midsection left little room for argument. Twenty seconds later Five was bound next to One while Three and Four discussed their next move.

“Call the others down now?”

“Not yet, that Prasanios guy said he would bring them by when they were ready.”

Five took a minute to calmly assess the situation. Escape wasn’t possible, the assailants had already given One a few bruises so talk was probably pointless. Well, no harm in trying anyway right? Five took a deep breath…

“So what is going on here anyway?”

Four hardly glanced over before responding “I think you should have that figured out by now.”

Four was right. There was no more point in denying it. Five finally gave up the pretense. “How did you find out then?”

This time it was Three that responded “The Prasinos League hacked an OIA database a while back, apparently just decoded most of it this morning. Imagine everyone’s surprise when we found out you and One were marked as OIA assets. Little more digging put together the rest of the pieces and now here we are.” Three turned back to their computer as they continued “Lucky for you this happened when it did. Instead of making you dig your own grave and shooting you outright we’ll probably just hand you over to the Prasinos League for free brownie points. Easy win-win.”

With nothing left to do, Five and One awaited their fate.

Mission Result: Success
Spy Score: 1/3
Resistance Score: 3/3

Resistance Victory!
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
Spy team: Earth and Supa/Ragnar

PMs:

Earth

Affiliation: Hegemony Spy

Partner: SupaDudz

Date of Birth: 02/42/861

Real bio: Enrolled in a prestigious military academy with sponsorship from Duke Heckson at age of 15 in 876 NEC. Graduated 7th overall in class of 50. Excelled in anti-insurgency tactics training. Performed average or below average in hand-to-hand and general leadership. Served in Odigos-Scorgian war from 880-882 as a Major in the 112th Armored Regiment. Recalled from active duty immediately after the Scorgian campaign to be recruited into Odigos Intelligence Agency. After two years of OIA training served as advisor to the general in charge of the Scorgian occupation from 884-885. After serving with distinction in this role given the assignment of infiltrating resistance cells across the continent.

Cover story bio: Enrolled in a prestigious military academy at age of 15 in 876 NEC. Graduated 7th overall in class of 50. Performed average or below average in hand-to-hand and general leadership. Served in Odigos-Scorgian war from 880-882 as a Major in the 112th Armored Regiment. Served in Scorgian occupation from 882-885 as a major in the 64th Artillery Regiment. Became disillusioned with the Hegemony after witnessing brutal occupation tactics against Scorgian civilians but was not permitted to resign. Chose to defect to Scorgian Insurgency in 886 NEC and has assisted several resistance movements in anti-government activities since.

SupaDudz

Affiliation: Hegemony Spy

Partner: Earth

Date of Birth: 03/07/870

Real Bio: Raised in an isolated community in the Tedpran mountains. Forcibly recruited into a local anti-government militia at age of 8 in 878 NEC. Took part in several small firefights against local garrison units. Captured by Hegemony forces in 879 NEC. Sent to an orphanage rather than a POW camp due to young age. Released from government care in 883. Tracked down the local warlord responsible for recruitment as a child soldier with intent of killing them only to discover that a Hegemony raid killed them just days before in a raid that left no survivors in 884. Worked odd jobs in the relatively impoverished region until applying to enlist in Hegemony military in 886. Application rejected by local recruiter due to history as child soldier but caught the attention of the Odigos Intelligence Agency. OIA agents made contact with opportunity to work as human asset. With help of OIA embedded as sleeper agent into Alliance of New Hope.

Cover story Bio: Sent to live in an orphanage in Tedpran mountains after parents were killed during Hegemony raid. Released from government care in 883. Joined local insurgency with intention of seeking revenge. Left as only survivor after an anti-insurgent raid against their rebel unit in 884. Worked odd jobs in the relatively impoverished region until making contact with local Alliance of New Hope safehouse, joined in 887 and quickly worked the way up the ranks of the organization using the skills learned during their time as a rebel.

Oromagi

Affiliation: Resistance

Date of Birth: 07/28/854

Bio: Born to a young couple on a ship while they tried to move to the western continent. Ship was turned away at port due to refugee quotas and forced to instead head to the Mesaia archipelago. Mother killed during air raid when the archipelago was annexed by the Hegemony in 858, father sent to labor camp on charges of conspiracy to assassinate the military governor put in charge. Sent to live in an orphanage, released from government care in 867. Became skilled in computers and moved to the mainland in 874. Hacked government database to discover fate of father, who it turns out had been killed in a fight with a fellow prisoner. Now a fugitive due to these illegal activities, used skills as a hacker to track down and aid anti-government groups from 879-886. Helped found Alliance of New Hope in 886.

RM

Date of Birth: 05/11/861

Bio: Grew up as a street orphan near the Scorgian border before the Scorgian - Odigos war. Affiliated with a number of criminal organizations at an early age. Eventually joined local chapter of Scorgian Cartel at age of 14 in 875 NEC. Forced to flee the city after the Scorgian campaign and subsequent occupation crippled many criminal organizations in the region. Used skills as a drug runner to survive until contacted by Scorgian Insurgency in 884 to smuggle a shipment of weapons. Successfully completed the job and used resulting rebel contacts to join Alliance of New Hope in 888, citing desire to change the corrupt system that had forced such a difficult childhood and life.

Whiteflame

Date of Birth: 04/51/856

Bio: Born only child to a minor aristocratic family and inherited fathers estate after their death by natural causes in 877. Lost significant portion of inheritance to unexpected downturns in markets of the western continent. Lost control of remaining inheritance to uncle in legal battle as a result after uncle argued in court that financial losses of estate were the result of incompetence rather than bad luck. Chose to flee central provinces in 879 after a servant revealed the same uncle planned a follow-up assasination to prevent retaliation. Ended up in the employ of the governor of a southern province from 879-884 until said governor was suddenly arrested and found guilty of conspiring against the Hegemony of Odigos. Fled once again after being implicated in the plot. Now a wanted fugitive, forced to join a secret anti-government movement among the nobility of the southern provinces. This movement merged with the Alliance of New Hope in 887.

PIE

Date of Birth: 02/35/860

Bio: Drafted at the age of 19 in 879 NEC in preparation for the Scourgian-Odigos war. Never sent to the front lines of that conflict, instead stationed in various Tedpran garrisons to conduct anti-insurgency operations in that region. Deserted with squad in 881 after friendly fire incident resulting from the discovery that their squad leader had abused POWs. Forced to defect to a local rebel warlord. Provided intel on local garrisons in exchange for help in fleeing the region. Now wanted for desertion, murder, and treason. Families of everyone involved were sent to labor camps as a result of these crimes. Joined various anti-government movements in effort to locate and eventually free them.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
Endgame is up.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
You realize you almost hard threw right?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
If anyone is interested in a second game let me know. I would not mind doing another go as either a mod or a player myself.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well... that happened...

I don't know what either Earth or Supa were planning this game, and maybe part of the problem here was just that Supa was absent for so much of it. Strange choices on their parts when they were involved didn't help. Still don't think it was the smart choice to sabotage during Mission 1, but maybe that's just me. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Depends on who is involved. Would really want more people to be engaged next time, but I enjoyed the concept.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
Still don't think it was the smart choice to sabotage during Mission 1, but maybe that's just me. 
Apparently the meta for people that play regularly is that mission one always passes no matter what, though I have not found any info on it being played online... just face-to-face. This is the only time it has been played in this setting as far as I can tell.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If anyone is interested in a second game let me know. I would not mind doing another go as either a mod or a player myself.

Interested.  I would recommend a much quicker pace to game play.

Are spies able to talk to one another?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
 I would recommend a much quicker pace to game play.
Agree, open to recommendations on how to enforce.

Are spies able to talk to one another?
Yes. I debated with myself on that one since in the face-to-face version they are not but decided that the inevitable slower pace probably favors res team and allowed spy communication as a small counter-balance.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
I had skimmed a bit. What did Supa do which outed him as a spy?

Also what did Oro do which almost threw the game?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
What did Supa do which outed him as a spy?

Mission One team: RM Earth (sabatoged)

Mission Two team proposal from Supa: RM Earth WF

It wasn't great...

Though it seemed that Supa was being slightly less scum read than Earth when I replaced you in, which somewhat factored into me giving you his slot rather than Earth's. Kinda feel bad that you were screwed no matter what.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Nothing to feel bad about. Replacing is less likely to come in on the winning team.

Granted, I could have played dumb and not voted; but that would have just prolonged things without merit.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I may not like you elsewhere on the site but you and I, this game, hardcarried the crap out of it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I may not like you elsewhere on the site but you and I, this game, hardcarried the crap out of it.
Easily hard carried. Pleasure playing with u
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@Barney
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
Some of you have said 'maybe, depends who else is playing' to the possibility of a second game. What about a 5 player game between you five?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Na, I really can't stand Oro's playstyle, if I'd been spy there I'd be second-hand embarassed for the resistance. I don't know a polite way to say it.

The fact he's not apologetic or humble in the game over is the real part I can't stand.

If he genuinely said sorry and realised where he'd gone wrong, I'd understand.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Sorry got really busy and just became de-interested in the game as time came on
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Vader
Honestly I got disinterested as well. Would be better played over Voice Chat or whatever.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I agree. It takes too long over forum
Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'd play this over voice chat. Or even on the forum.

For the forums, I did like the detail that resistance still had to log in during the night stage.

I like how it feels streamlined compared to mafia; juggling a dozen things instead of a hundred.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
Mafia feels like you describe Resistance as if you play it open-setup.

The obsession with closed-setup and themed is all high tier mindgame level.