Why you should not vote for RationalMadman.

Author: Lunatic

Total: 165
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Ahhhh so this is conspiritorial. You don't have evidence of these racists because they probably don't even exist, so you have to infer that wylteds voter base is racist by calling them "closet racists". This is some good bullsh1t your trying to sell me. Reminds me of all the Trump supporters who cried about cheating in the 2020 election. 
No, I am not calling the entire voting base closet racists. It is crystal clear what I said to anyone reading, what you are doing right here right now is genuine gaslighting.

You keep insinuating there is racists or closet racists though.. Where and who are they? If I am gaslighting you why do you keep saying this? Where's the proof? Like I said, throwing shit against the wall to see what will stick aren't ya there buddy?

Thats all I said about 4chan. We have a different user base, and the sites intention is different than 4chans, so it has no reason to get that bad. Moderation has nothing to do with it.  
How about this, on that point I agree I misunderstood you and admit it was my bad to put words in your mouth though I do insist it was accidental.

I genuinely read what you wrote as insinuating that you were saying 'come on RM, this isn't 4Chan... The mods are doing a good enough job'. I admit now that I misrepresented your point as your real point was more along the lines of 'come on RM, the userbase don't need much moderating, they're much more docile and easygoing than the 4Chan crowd'. 
Great.

Now that I understood what you said, I can say that I believe those who are like that crowd have started either (recently, within the last few months) to be banned or slowly rehabilitated and I will seek this trend to continue. The majority indeed are not that bad, I won't disagree with you there. 
What do you consider to be "as bad as 4chan" though? What wwere these people banned for and why was it just?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
At his worst moments, Wylted is such a tier of...  I'd use the phrase 'repugnant to onlookers when reading the posts and/or seeing even the title of a thread of'.

Mesmer was and BrotherD was.

As for others, I don't quite think anyone has directly crossed the boundary who is currently using the website.

How about you and I change topic. 

You know I want to badly talk about why you haven't considered the flipside of this thread (the 'Why you should not vote for Wylted' angle) but I'll play defensive only.

Other than my blocking of people, what is it that you fear I will do as President? You keep going to extremes to prove that I am willing to allow censorship (the President can't actually censor, just so we're clear) and turn a blind eye to it even 'whispering' in the mod's ear supporting it.

However, you yourself if you were a selfish voter, would want to post what sort of things? What's it that you truly fear you and your buddies if they got active here couldn't post or talk about? I don't see a situation where I'd oppress you unless you really dug in and bullied someone hard.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
At his worst moments, Wylted is such a tier of...  I'd use the phrase 'repugnant to onlookers when reading the posts and/or seeing even the title of a thread of'.

Mesmer was and BrotherD was.

As for others, I don't quite think anyone has directly crossed the boundary who is currently using the website.

I've known wylted for a long time, going back to DDO. yeah he likes to get people's goat, but he really isn't that bad. It's all shock value. I don't know the other two, but I see you keep mentioning them but not what they actually did that was so bad.

You know I want to badly talk about why you haven't considered the flipside of this thread (the 'Why you should not vote for Wylted' angle) but I'll play defensive only.
You can try to talk to me about it, but I doubt you will convince me. The only thing I've stated I care about is influencing less moderation, which is Wylted's whole platform. So right now he is the only option. If someone else comes out with a platform that does a better job at accomplishing this, then maybe I will vote them. But wylted is doing a fine job convincing me he is the man for the job so far.

However, you yourself if you were a selfish voter, would want to post what sort of things? What's it that you truly fear you and your buddies if they got active here couldn't post or talk about? I don't see a situation where I'd oppress you unless you really dug in and bullied someone hard.
I wouldn't even recommend old DDO members to come here with how moderation currently is. Most of them wont come because they know how moderation is currently. I think moderation is already bad and am constantly reaming them out for making bad decisions, and you are seeking to help them enforce more bans,
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
It might not be about him, but about the utility of the site being an open marketplace of ideals. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
There was a user, Type1, he was also 4Chan type trolling but was so extreme that it was almost not troll-like more WTF
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
What is hate speech and who determines what is and isn't hate speech.? Or is hate speech just a arbitrary emotional  reactionary  response to something that doesn't fit a arbitrary social justice political narrative. Is hate speech any time a person says something insulting, disparaging, rude or other wise offensive about someone else or a group of people?
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
Why note vote for em

Tldr : airmax is running

Duh
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
If your question isn't rhetorical, hate speech can be defined as follows:

any kind of communication in speech, writing or behaviour, that attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group on the basis of who they are, in other words, based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality, race, colour, descent, gender or other identity factor.

However, I would like to say that on this debate website, religion being under attack will not be moderated unless the bullying and words used are extreme. Religion is something to be debated but one's ethnicity, nationality, race/colour, gender and other identity factors (like height) are off-grounds to be attacking or challenging.
Wylted
Wylted
Why is religion fair to criticize, but bringing up problems that disproportionately affect various races and genders are not? 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Anybody can read what is written and see what I said.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Wylted
"Why is religion fair to criticize, " That's easy to answer, its an easy target and socially acceptable to mock religion and anyone who believes in it. You can call religious people every name in the book and accuse them of anything with impunity, but don't you dare question the mental state of anyone who belongs to the LGBTQ crowd. That's off limits.  Walking around in public dressed as a giant vagina is perfectly normal.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
What I meant was that religion is actually a construct that's debatable, with ideas and morals in it that can be discussed.

One's race and, as you mentioned, sexuality are not ideas; they are parts of people that they can't change nor did they set out to be it.
Wylted
Wylted
Why do you think sexuality can't change. I can tell you mine have since I hit puberty. Many times. It's always been changed towards what type of women I found attractive, but if I can change my mind and become more attracted to gnomes, I'm not certain you can say I won't develop an attraction towards penises.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
But the LGBTQ  movement isn't a moral construct that can be debated. Everything that requires mandatory social acceptance is a moral construct.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Bump