Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Author: GnosticChristianBishop

Total: 50
GnosticChristianBishop
Debates: 0
GnosticChristianBishop
Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Seems like a decent overall ideology.

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Does yours, and how do you exercise that degrading chore?

Regards
DL
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop

If you have a brain that joins together 100 billion neurons with 100 trillion connections, then the answer is yes.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
My religion basically states how you're supposed to worship the gods in that pantheon and a little on how you should live. It does not address religions outside itself. I can say I can't think of any of the gods that I've interacted with in that pantheon that are tolerant of Christianity. There's one person in particular who's an author within the community who goes as far to say that the ancestors that actually converted to Christianity while practitioners were being killed are not worthy of honoring during typical ancestor worship. Those that were born into the religion that might not have known any different that's a whole other ball of wax but those that converted instead of standing up for the gods are considered dishonored ancestors. But she's not exactly a popular author within the community.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Not surprising, given that her majority of neighbors are likely the religious who dare not judge their god justly.

Regards
DL
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@FLRW
They all have brains, but ignore the moral part for the fellowship part.

They are poor examples of decent people, as the fathers basically have to hate their gay and female children.

That is a must in their homophobic and misogynous creeds.

Regards
DL
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
A Zedku for Poly.

That makes sense Poly,

If one reads it backwards, 

And replaces every fourth vowel,

With a Jaffa cake.

But  to be fair,

Christianity,

Is no clearer,

Or nearer,

To the beginning,

Or the end of,

Does your ideology include a clause,

That says you should raise hell,

Against evil religions.

Yep,

Santa clause.

12 days later

Castin
Castin
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
How do you discern an evil religion from evil actors? The major religions have texts that are a mixed bag of good and bad, mercy and vengefulness, etc. This leaves individuals pretty free to cherry pick which parts agree with what they already want to believe.

When I think "evil religion" the closest thing that springs to mind is probably Scientology. And even Scientology has members who are well-meaning and just misguided.

But a Gnostic Christian? Really? That is fascinating, I have had zero opportunity to talk to one. Do you draw from the Nag Hammadi texts? Or is your faith less text-based than mainstream Christians', in keeping with the doctrine of gnosis? Do you equate Satan with the demiurge?

Hmm. Maybe these questions would be better suited for a separate thread purely about Gnostic Christianity.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
He isn't a Christian, reminds me of Brother D's style of trolling. Look how he talks about religion.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
This is the first thread of his I've read. Maybe I geeked out prematurely. I'll check out his others.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
You being a agnostic christian , i can tell you exactly what your ideologies are.  
That sounds terrible. 

As a atheist* , i possess the idea of the ability to have my ummmmm ideology selector set to alternate mode. 

So my bloody ideology did infact have a clause to raise hell.
This idealolgy was attained on march the 23rd last year.
The idealolgy lasted 53mins and never really put them three things together again. 

One being Raising hell.
Two being raising hell on religious groups. 
And three. Having Judgment on what i describe as a evil religion. 

We non believers don't consider these " bad groups "  EVIL RELIGIONS. 
We dont do / use  the word ( evil ) to describe stuff. 

Look  It's a hard question. 

Im going to use one of my three remaining  passes. 
So.  (  PASS  ) 

Good game but. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Gnostic christian i mean. 

Gnostic. 
Say it with me. 
Gnostic  

Oh and What a horrible sounding word Gnostic is.
When i catch a glimpse of the word its ( garden gnome ) straight away. 
Then i look back over it because I'm sure  garden gnomes have nothing to do with religious matters. 
Then i pronounce the word 
Ga nostic.
Or more ggggggg nostick
Ga

I just hate it. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull

Does stealing the little lord jesus from a nativity scene count as raising hell ?

While I'm on the subject. 
Is anyone interested in purchasing a baby lord jesus.  
Used. 
Fair condition. ( he has a damaged steal bracket embedded in his back  )   he has to lay down or you see it. 

$ 35 us.  
If anyone is interested. 

The Dimensions of BabyJesus 
1 kg. 
48 cm long .
30 wide. 
25 thick. 

You'd be doing real well if you can pick up one in this condition for $35. 
Anyway.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
Do you draw from the Nag Hammadi texts?

What do you think, Cas?

True Gnostics should not be confused with the false Gnostics of ages past, as represented by the codices and tractates discovered at Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in 1945. Neither are we representative of those Gnostics which early church fathers argued against in their efforts to establish a single church orthodoxy with its attendant ecclesiastical authority.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Stephen
"We"? Hold up, are you a Gnostic?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Gnostic christian i mean. 

Gnostic. 
Say it with me. 
Gnostic  

Oh and What a horrible sounding word Gnostic is.
When i catch a glimpse of the word its ( garden gnome ) straight away. 
Then i look back over it because I'm sure  garden gnomes have nothing to do with religious matters. 
Then i pronounce the word 
Ga nostic.
Or more ggggggg nostick
Ga

I just hate it. 

Actually it's 'nostic' like 'gnome' but many mispronounce it as you say it.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
"We"? Hold up, are you a Gnostic?

Nope . And where did I state "we"?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Stephen
Neither are we representative of those Gnostics which early church fathers argued against in their efforts to establish a single church orthodoxy with its attendant ecclesiastical authority.
^ My mistake then. Misinterpreted this sentence.

What separates a false Gnostic from a "true" Gnostic in your view?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Stephen
Your link is a pretty interesting read.

The doctrine of Christ was not founded in the life and teachings of Yeshua, but rather, it was the invention of Paul.
An argument could be made that the Gospels establish more of Christ's accepted doctrines than Paul's epistles do -- and I have no reason to think that Paul and the authors of the Gospels knew each other. Paul's letters predate the Gospels, and there's no sign he was involved in their composition that I'm aware of.

But I spy an answer to my previous question:

Unlike the false “Gnostics” of ages past who considered themselves to be “Gnostic Christians” or “Gnostic Jews”, the True Gnostic is simply a True Gnostic.
So the difference is eschewing Christ and/or Yahweh as the foundation of one's belief? Guess RM was right, then -- doesn't sound like Christians to me.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
What separates a false Gnostic from a "true" Gnostic in your view?

Nothing in my View. They both consider themselves  to be "true".  And no different to the "true" Christian that claims that their religion is the "only true religion".

"I think Christianity is the ONLY true and correct religion".  #48 

But then say: 

"I don't agree with religion;#60   "I have never believed in religion. Religion ought to be abolished from my point of view".#52 (except his own  can we presume?)

Although Paul was considered by some to have been "Gnostic".
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Oh .
Ok i got it now .  Cheers man. 

I thought it was pronounced like thoes little potato things.
Whats that word ?
Gnocchi s  or something like that hey RM?

So gnostic is pronounced Nostic.  

Thanks RM. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Stephen
"I think Christianity is the ONLY true and correct religion".  #48 

But then say: 

"I don't agree with religion;#60   "I have never believed in religion. Religion ought to be abolished from my point of view".#52 (except his own  can we presume?)
Pretty old posts. But they do appear to present something of a contradiction. Maybe Trade can clarify for us.

Doesn't seem like a strong hypothesis. I don't see much Gnostic influence in the Pauline epistles. A better case for Gnostic influence could be made for the Gospel of John, I think, as Bultmann theorized. But I'm not sure his conjecture is widely supported in the academic community.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Gnocchi s  or something like that hey RM?
Gnocchi is said 'nyokki'
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Castin
"How do you discern an evil religion from evil actors? The major religions have texts that are a mixed bag of good and bad, mercy and vengefulness, etc. This leaves individuals pretty free to cherry pick which parts agree with what they already want to believe."

One of the issues that is leading me to my view of the danger in Christianity, and our other mainstream religions, is that preach homophobia and misogyny while our governments are preaching equality for gays and women.

Is that good for a country to you?

"But a Gnostic Christian? Really? That is fascinating, I have had zero opportunity to talk to one. Do you draw from the Nag Hammadi texts? Or is your faith less text-based than mainstream Christians', in keeping with the doctrine of gnosis? Do you equate Satan with the demiurge?

Hmm. Maybe these questions would be better suited for a separate thread purely about Gnostic Christianity."

Atheists tend to screw up my efforts these days. That is not a complaint. It is a statement of fact.

My reward for my efforts to have atheist be more militant.

I would love to do a one on one someplace, but if you are not actually searching for an answer and your biases already fixed, you may not be ready to face that you are the only God you can ever know.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail. 
Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
I only have one left to play. 

' places last card on the counter ' 

⊙☆⊙☆⊙☆⊙    Rephrase Card*  ⊙☆⊙☆⊙☆⊙☆  
ACTIVATE. 

▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°••••• 《   REPHRASE  》  ▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○ 

The post topic.
Does your ideology contain a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions ? 

I'm having trouble with the question. 

Please Refrase. 
Could you perhaps deliver it  simpler. 
For example.   
Do you think that you should  ( "speak out" ) loudly against certain religious groups that ya don't like. ?

Does that work ?

Word it like the opposite of how scripture would have it. 

Thankyou. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
"I think Christianity is the ONLY true and correct religion".  #48 

But then say: 

"I don't agree with religion;#60   "I have never believed in religion. Religion ought to be abolished from my point of view".#52 (except his own  can we presume?)
Pretty old posts. But they do appear to present something of a contradiction.
They are as new as the day they were posted unless there has been a change in stance.

Maybe Trade can clarify for us.
Maybe. But doubtful.

Doesn't seem like a strong hypothesis. I don't see much Gnostic influence in the Pauline epistles.

In Paul's work the word "mystery" appears no less than 17 times yet only a handful of times elsewhere in the NT. And the epiphany that he claims to have undergone is clearly some sort of an initiation into one of these mystery schools of the age, of which there were many. He claims to have been "caught up" [initiated ]into one "heaven" or another where he heard "unspeakable words, which it is unlawful for man to utter"  2 Corinthians 12:4. And there are some modern scholars that are inclined to think that Paul may have "been privy to some kind of secret knowledge".

Paul claims to have knowledge of "the mystery of Christ", the  "mystery of the Christ and the church",  the ""mystery of the gospel" and the "mystery of god and the Christ". 
Does this make Paul a gnostic?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Baby Jesus.

Export, import tariffs?

Would look good with my other garden gnomes.

Pronounced nomes.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
HeHe
I was going to go into that . 
Shippung fees and sorts.  
But the " dimensions*  "  of christ,  was happening at the time. 

(  *  ) word announced with a echo. 
Dimensions. 
Mentions.
Mentions.  

I had my first  Hot cross bun today 
And i am trying to word a post topic about. 
Jesus christ being crucified for us now being able to eat    ( Hot cross buns ) 

But i write 
I delete 
Write. Delete 

When i think what it is that the good lord jesus truly , actual  has given us .
Its boils down to ( hot cross buns )

I then ask . 
Would hot cross buns exist if jesus didn't ?   
The answer being.
NO

What i am trying to say is. 
It seems feasible that Gods begotten son was sacrificed for "atleast" hot cross buns. 
Alot more so then sins.   
As Ive never felt the coming and going of these things they  call "sins"

Sooooo.
A big.  THANKYOU. to the jesus 
A truly great sacrifice.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Oh the foresight. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm aussie.  
I will PM you a pic of the baby lord jesus. 

I bet you have a gnome named 'Gnome'
Pronounced  ( Ga -  nome  )

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull

Yellow pants 
Blue shirt 
Red hat 

With the shovel.