Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Author: GnosticChristianBishop

Total: 50
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Artisan buns,

Artisan bakery

Come  nailed to a post.

Not mass produced fakery.

Or contaminated cakery.

What's at stake here,

Easter in January,

And February,

And March,

Then an April date actually.

And just like the risen hot crossy,

The Lord our saviour,

Turns out to be Aussie.

Didn't think you were Yankee,

Far too crankee.

Thankee.

Perth or Sydnee?

Or wherever,

Matilda.

Keep on waltzing.

Regards.

Zedee.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Gnome = nohom(e) must be why they are always in gardens. Sorry it's early and I haven't slept much. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Castin
@Stephen
The question of religion is a good one. And it depends upon the definition that is used.  

1. On one definition  - religion is a viewpoint or belief system that includes a supernatural being or principle  that is used per the Australian definition.  
2. Another definition used is worldview - used broadly to include secular humanism as per the American understanding and all other non-Western points of view. 

3. Religion is also defined - as to do with orphans and widows - charitable work. 

4. Religion is also defined by some Christian folk as trying to earn your way to God.  Christianity according to these Christians would not fall under the religion definition because salvation is a free gift of grace not something you earn.

Hence, depending upon which definition you use and who you are talking to - can quite easily give you a contradictory point of view. 

I think each of these definitions has a practical use for religion and the context used will obviously provide how to use it. 

In the three ways used above - that you have referred to me: 

Christianity is the only true religion - it would fall under 1-3.   When I say I don't agree with religion - I am using it in the sense of definition 4.  And when I talk about abolishing it - I am referring to definition  no 4.  I might add that I disagree totally with the definition 1 but accept it in practice when discussing some discussions.  One very practical problem of deleting the initial definition as a matter of law - is the idea of tax in the Australian system.  I don't know how the American one deals with it - in such a broad definition.   In Australia - churches don't generally pay tax if they are a charity and are doing charitable work.  If the definition used took a much broader one - suddenly it would include anyone who simply considers themselves a worldview  and the courts have generally dismissed such thinking. 

I don't know whether this helps or not. But there you have it. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Tradesecret wrote:
1. On one definition  - religion is a viewpoint or belief system that includes a supernatural being or principle  that is used per the Australian definition.  
2. Another definition used is worldview - used broadly to include secular humanism as per the American understanding and all other non-Western points of view. 

3. Religion is also defined - as to do with orphans and widows - charitable work. 

4. Religion is also defined by some Christian folk as trying to earn your way to God.  Christianity according to these Christians would not fall under the religion definition because salvation is a free gift of grace not something you earn.

Hence, depending upon which definition you use and who you are talking to - can quite easily give you a contradictory point of view. 

I think each of these definitions has a practical use for religion and the context used will obviously provide how to use it. 

I don't know what Castin will make of your contradictory doublespeak considering the word religion ( a Roman word)simply means 'to bind ', and the word religion is only mentioned  about five times in the whole of the bible and all references are to the Jews.  But OK . Just so we are clear. Keeping in mind that you/we are speaking of the Christian religion;

Which definition were YOU using when you said :

Tradesecret wrote: "I think Christianity is the ONLY true and correct religion".  #48 

And which definition were YOU using when you also wrote: 

Tradesecret wrote: "I don't agree with religion;#60

Tradesecret wrote: I don't think any religion is right#60

Tradesecret wrote: I have never believed in religion.#52

Tradesecret wrote:"Religion ought to be abolished from my point of view".#52

What religion/s do YOU believe should be abolished?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
If you look above Stephen,

in the post that you half quoted - 

you will see that I answered those questions. 

Of course - if you didn't understand as per usual.

You can go and try and read it again.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Of course - if you didn't understand as per usual.

What you have done with your post  #33 is attempt to cover your arse and your contradiction. I simply want to know what definition you had in mind when you said all the above. its not a difficult question. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
What you have done with your post  #33 is attempt to cover your arse and your contradiction. I simply want to know what definition you had in mind when you said all the above. its not a difficult question. 
It is a simple question in that regard. Yet if you read post 33 - you will see which definitions I used.  I see no reason to prolong this discussion. If you can't read and understand that post in 33 - then no matter how long we discuss it - will suddenly you begin to see.  You simply do not have the capacity to use your brain cells. Something to do with your masonic or secret society background probably. 
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Yes.

All moral people will speak against evil or immoral practices.

That excludes all homophobes and misogynists in the right wings of politics and religions.

Regards
DL

GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Stephen
"What religion/s do YOU believe should be abolished?"

All religions that asks/forces parents to hate their gay or female children by preaching homophobia and misogyny.

Regards
DL

208 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Seems like a decent overall ideology.

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Does yours, and how do you exercise that degrading chore?

Regards
DL
Evil religions tend to attract evil doers. So they deserve each other.

Holding one’s nose helps to keep the stench out.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Shila
I cannot agree.

Most religious are moral agents.

Most do not and cannot walk their religious talk in most sane and just nations.

Society would not allow it elsewhere in the free world.

We are all natural mimics and slaved to our tribal natures.

We crave fellowship and that can only be found in tribes and groups, regardless of the ism the group is mimicking.

It is great that the God religions are dying and the religions that put man above God are gaining converts.

Religions overall, as I see things, are all going Gnostic.

Regards
DL

Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
I cannot agree.

Most religious are moral agents.

Most do not and cannot walk their religious talk in most sane and just nations.

Society would not allow it elsewhere in the free world.

We are all natural mimics and slaved to our tribal natures.

We crave fellowship and that can only be found in tribes and groups, regardless of the ism the group is mimicking.

It is great that the God religions are dying and the religions that put man above God are gaining converts.

Religions overall, as I see things, are all going Gnostic.

Regards
DL
Gnosticism is a first century religion that was superseded by Christianity.

The Gospel of Thomas strips Jesus of all miraculous powers and reduces him to a religious teacher. Gnostics believe God is the domain of the enlightened. You don’t appear even remotely enlightened.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Shila
Superseded???

You mean we were exterminated by those of your inquisitor ilk.

You will not be enlightened by me if you continue to believe in the supernatural and miracles that allow you to abdicate your own responsibilities.

Regards
DL
Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Superseded???

You mean we were exterminated by those of your inquisitor ilk.

You will not be enlightened by me if you continue to believe in the supernatural and miracles that allow you to abdicate your own responsibilities.

Regards
DL
The Jews were not impressed with Jesus’s miracles. They needed a saviour who would rid them of the Romans.
John 10:32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

The Jews were proven right. Without the supernatural miracles the Jews could not overthrow the Romans. The Romans went on to crucify a Jesus, destroy the Holy Temple and slaughter the Jews.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Shila
To believe in miracles or the supernatural, is not the brightest way to think.

Regards
DL
Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
To believe in miracles or the supernatural, is not the brightest way to think.

Regards
DL
The Jews were proven right. Without the supernatural miracles the Jews could not overthrow the Romans. The Romans went on to crucify a Jesus, destroy the Holy Temple and slaughter the Jews.

History proves even the dull thinking Jews were right. They needed a saviour with supernatural powers who would rid them of the Romans. Jesus was powerless against the Romans.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
Their need was obviously not met.

Regards
DL
Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Their need was obviously not met.

Regards
DL
If the Jews did not run out of patience they would have benefited from the Roman occupation.

The Romans went on to create the Roman Catholic Church which has over a billion followers. The Roman Catholic Church is built on Jesus a Jew and his disciples who were also Jews.

GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop

Compare the Jewish view and whatever view others put into the die for me Jesus delusion.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL
Shila
Shila
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
Compare the Jewish view and whatever view others put into the die for me Jesus delusion.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL
The Jews had to be conscious of which generation they belonged to because the prophets brought with them punishments specific to each generation of Jews.

Exodus 34:7 - Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Now think about the Jews who didn’t have a reference point living in Europe and Germany. The Holocaust tied their generation to their past generations.