Total: 53
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Do you work for the Trump campaign?
Why do you ask Mr. I’m Not Revealing Any Information About Myself
Because you don’t come off like a real person. Every time you are confronted with the absurdity of your own positions you deflect into something irrelevant. Yet here you are telling us how great Trump is…

And then there’s your avatar…
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
Because you don’t come off like a real person. Every time you are confronted with the absurdity of your own positions you deflect into something irrelevant. Yet here you are telling us how great Trump is…

And then there’s your avatar…
I’m a real person lol. Many people on the site can confirm that.

And I’ve had the avatar since 2015 when I joined DART lol. 

I do know one thing though. Trump lives in your head rent free 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
My fascination isn’t Trump, it’s the people who look at him and think “yeah, that guy should be president”. Words cannot describe how absurd that is, but yet I find myself living in a world where half the country actually believes it. Why? Is it malice? Stupidity? All these years later, I’m still trying to figure it out.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@badger
I don't disagree with you. But I guess culture is a tougher sell when you're hungry. The Mexicans aren't coming over the wall just for fun. 

They are coming over the walls, because Mexico is a shithole. The solution to a country being a shithole, is not to deport every person dissatisfied with it being a shithole. If anything it is to force them to stay there, so they will do something about it through a democratic process or through revolution. Sometimes the cure is very painful. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Double_R

Well, people who cannot see that Trump  has antisocial personality disorder—often referred to as sociopathy or psychopathy in popular culture and defined as “a mental condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others”, usually have numerous brain lesions.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
My fascination isn’t Trump, it’s the people who look at him and think “yeah, that guy should be president”. Words cannot describe how absurd that is, but yet I find myself living in a world where half the country actually believes it. Why? Is it malice? Stupidity? All these years later, I’m still trying to figure it out.
Turns out we ask the same question about Biden. And it turns out we were right that he’d be a complete disaster
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
@Double_R

Biden voters:

Hold my Beer.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FLRW
Well, people who cannot see that Trump  has antisocial personality disorder—often referred to as sociopathy or psychopathy in popular culture and defined as “a mental condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others”, usually have numerous brain lesions.
I don’t have brain lesions. Biden probably does though🤷‍♂️
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Biden probably does though.

Didn't he play football? Concussions are bad yo.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I am asking a rhetorical question here but have you ever have to live in a shithole tinpot type nation?

Try it, whether very corrupt or just very inept, such nations aren't places where you as an individual can turn things around.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Try it, whether very corrupt or just very inept, such shitholes aren't places where you as an individual can turn things around.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
I am asking a rhetorical question here but have you ever have to live in a shithole tinpot type nation?

Try it, whether very corrupt or just very inept, such nations aren't places where you as an individual can turn things around.

I've literally been tortured.  I have lived in the woods in a tent with gators growling outside of it. Many other such experiences where I have been helpless. It's not feasible to rescue all of these people by bringing them To the United States.  It's much better to use solutions that involve fixing  their respective countries instead. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
So, for those its feasible for should it be allowed?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Only in cases where it benefits the United States to allow them to immigrate. 

Even if not in individual cases. Say we can quantify that 100000 Mexican immigrants a year are beneficial to the United States, than we should make that a hard rule and try to bring them in, in ways where they aren't exploited by employers and can have a real chance to actually integrate. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
This may be the only time I thumbs up your post.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
It's wierd because when I noticed I can say the exact same thing different ways. One ways and liberals think it is a great statement. Another way and conservatives will. It will be the same statement, just worded differently. I wonder why that is.

I'll use a non political example. I once told an 20 year old tiny single girl that she shouldn't become a foster parent (she was considering it) because being raped is a real possibility.  I mean I was with foster kids, stronger than grown men who were sexual deviants. She took it to mean that I was saying all foster kids were rapists, but somebody else told her the following.

You can't really control what foster kids you get sent,  and a lot are very disturbed and in and out of juvenile hall. I Don't think it's safe for a single woman to pick up fostering. 

She took the second statement well. Both statements say the exact same thing. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

I saw some people do an experiment where they did Donald Trump quotes the same way. They just did full sentences but rearranged the order of them, keeping the same meaning, and a lot of liberals started agreeing with what he was saying. It makes no sense. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
This is why I was amused when you said I lacked tact in my campaign thread, not sure how to not word this personally but you're not the best at it.

In the first statement you first of all used a trigger-term that solely implied the only problem would be rape. The latter statement doesn't make her feel objectified by the person saying it because the person never says she is 'hot' instead focuses on her being single and female and does so after making clear there's many issues indeed, we could even be talking anger issues that don't at all have a sexual aspect to them.

Edit:  She probably felt objectified by you and, as you said, like you'd implied it's a general rule.

I also think, sorry to tell you, you're not the best reader of people. So, while she probably did receive you badly, what she was waiting for was you to explain it and justify it (depends on the woman ofc, some would freak out and not care how you explain it and honestly if I were a woman and you randomly told me that as why not to foster, I'd also get the fuck away from you as I'd smell toxic troll from a mile away even if that smell wasn't entirely accurate). You want to talk about wording and advice, do not ever go up to somebody whether male or female and say 'don't do X, you'll get raped' even if it's a dressing style and activity you fear they will get raped in which is a lot more reasonable than your fear in my opinion. Word it slower, build it up and allude to it, this lets the receiver not only realise it themselves but makes clear it's not that you see them as 'ooh you could be someone people would rape' instead it completely changes the tone to you caring for them and worrying about the situation they are being put in.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
The latter statement doesn't make her feel objectified by the person saying it because the person never says she is 'hot
You don't have to be hot to be raped. A lot of times it is a crime of opportunity.  I was telling her she would face those sorts of things, because she was weak and easily overpowered. If she was a frail male, I'd have the same concern. I've seen these boys rape boys as well. 

This is why I was amused when you said I lacked tact in my campaign thread, not sure how to not word this personally but you're not the best at it.
That's not personal. I can admit, I'm not the best at it. It also annoys me that it is ever needed. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I agree to everything you said there but you asked me to try and guess how she took your statement. She probably felt objectified by you and, as you said, like you'd implied it's a general rule.
Wylted
Wylted
Undedatandable
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Turns out we ask the same question about Biden. And it turns out we were right that he’d be a complete disaster
“I know you are but what am I?”.  Wow. Original.

Here’s the difference; there is no Biden cult. The left attacks Biden constantly. No one I know is claiming Biden is the greatest president ever, no one is claiming he was sent by god, no one is flying down to Delaware to kiss his ring, no is going to storm the Capitol to keep him in office, and if anyone did no one is going to pretend a mob beating police officers on their way to taking over the US Capitol and forcing congress to evacuate is no big deal.

To pretend that what’s going on with Biden voters is the same as Trump voters is patently absurd and you know that. Yet you pretend not to. Why? As someone proud enough of a Trump supporter to use his face as your avatar, why can’t you ever keep the conversation on Trump? Why do you constantly deflect when confronted on your support for him to such an absurd level that you pretend to think Biden’s support is the same as Trump’s?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
To pretend that what’s going on with Biden voters is the same as Trump voters is patently absurd and you know that. Yet you pretend not to. Why? As someone proud enough of a Trump supporter to use his face as your avatar, why can’t you ever keep the conversation on Trump? Why do you constantly deflect when confronted on your support for him to such an absurd level that you pretend to think Biden’s support is the same as Trump’s?
Trump isn’t President right now. You guys are so obsessed with Trump that you can’t see that every investigation against him has been a massive nothingburger up to this point.

Russia was a complete flop just like we’ve been saying for years. First impeachment was a complete failure. Second impeachment was a complete failure. And guess what? J6 is going to be a complete failure.

If you think Trump is so bad, why are the Democrats trying so freakin hard to disqualify him from running. He should be easy to defeat if you and your party think he’s a horrible candidate.

They however know that he’s a great candidate and would win easily in 2024 because of the failures of Biden and the Democrat Party. I know why Trump is a good candidate and your party leaders know too. Now it’s your job to figure it out.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Correct, Trump is not president. But he is by far the front runner for 2024 and by far the leading voice in today’s Republican Party. You know that, even if you pretend you don’t.

Both impeachments were doomed to fail before they even began. That fact has absolutely nothing to do with Trump’s innocence, it has everything to do with the fact that the republican party belongs to him and would have never convicted him of anything. You know that.

The legal investigations are ongoing and have already proven to any rational person that he committed the crimes. He’s literally on tape telling the GA Secretary of State to change the vote count to make him the winner,  any official in the country did that they would be in jail right now. You know that.

Trump is every bit as bad as the democrats are saying. The problem is, so are his voters. That’s the problem. That’s the reason I talk about him here, to interact with some of those voters to see what they have to say about him. Except ‘but the democtats’ is all I ever get, which only validates my position further.

Trump could very well win in 2024, and with it he will do everything he can to dismantle every institution we have that keeps him in check. The man is a clear and present danger to everything the founding fathers envisioned. Whether you know that and are pretending not to, or whether you have blinded yourself to that obvious reality is what I’m still trying to figure out.