An Interview with 3RU7AL

Author: Vader

Total: 16
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Welcome. Today I interviewed the second candidate, 3RU7AL.

3RU7AL said this about promoting the site and getting it active...
"https://bbs.market/ZLOGIC/posts - - it's easy to reach tons of people here
I also have 35+ members on my discord channel and even more in my contacts list who would be good initiates for DebateArt.com
and 422 followers here - https://hive.blog/@logiczombie
I recently exposed some fundamental errors in the HIVE system and my notoriety has skyrocketed there."

3RU7AL has a way to cooperate with the moderators...
"I will ask the moderators to think about their fundamental goals and principles on which each decision is based. Moderation is, by definition, a normative process and as long as the moderator action is coherent with the stated goal of that specific action, it is justified. I'd love to dissect some specific examples if you have any you'd like me to demonstrate on."

3Ru7AL was asked why he wanted to be president, he stated.
"I was asked if I'd be willing to fulfil the role as defined, and I accepted the nomination."

There you go, the presidential nominee 3ru7al. Go and vote for the presidency tmrw
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Why didn't 3RU7AL push this before? I would have altered to vote him as soon as I realised he had genuine ability to make this popular amongst debaters elsewhere.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I have no clue

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@3RU7AL
Would you consider organizing on Twitter as well? DART needs a Twitter account for maximizing recruitment.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Why didn't 3RU7AL push this before? I would have altered to vote him as soon as I realised he had genuine ability to make this popular amongst debaters elsewhere.
The stats in that are pretty underwhelming, your feigned support him is still a manipulation tactic lol
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Castin
Would you consider organizing on Twitter as well? DART needs a Twitter account for maximizing recruitment.
no.
Castin
Castin
-->
@3RU7AL
no.
Got it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Ask Airmax to provide any evidence he has pull on Twitter that he boasts.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I have the ability to pull new members in as well. I'm waiting to see the results of this election before I decide it's worth it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
If you're not being unironic (with you it's hard to tell), that's the exact kind of attitude I despise in your buddies this election.

Why would it matter? What about all the times before, before Presidency position was a thing? This position only stops bans (that the mods can ultimately override anyway) and holds events that can be held anyway, is that seriously what you base caring about this website on, that one position and who is in it?
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Ask Airmax to provide any evidence he has pull on Twitter that he boasts.
Nah. I don't require that he already have pull, just that he makes a good effort.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Sure. Glad you're such a diehard fan of him the moment I'm not and vice versa, pretty weird.

If you're curious, unlike what others suggest, I don't pretend to doubt his validity. I do doubt it. This guy says he'll get us Internet-famous, cool... So... er... All these years of this site existing and he left us in the dirt but now he can win an election and suddenly he'll try? LMAO!

What a guy, damn I'm just bitter old RM and he's the heroic Airmax always so cordial.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Eh, I found out 3RU7AL won't do Twitter. Airmax has at least promised to try. The bottom line for me is what's best for the site.

If not for a stray taunt from Lunatic, you'd still be trying to convince me to vote for Airmax, too.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Nope actually it's about more than just that one thing but I can't frame that into a single forum post, it's to do with Airmax turning a wilful blind eye to it despite how close he is to Lunatic. Had Athias been so disrespectful and emotionally abusive to another user and 3RU7AL stood by and done absolutely nothing, it would incorporate my judgement too.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Castin
Eh, I found out 3RU7AL won't do Twitter. Airmax has at least promised to try. The bottom line for me is what's best for the site.
Popularity for popularity's sake is not what's best for the site. Just because one is desperate to make friends, doesn't mean that one should go to a whorehouse. Twitter was never as great a platform as it boasted and it has diminished in popularity over the years. I personally have maintained that twitter is for twits--in part due to its ridiculous character limits which incentivized thoughtless, attention-seeking posts. There are better platforms which DART can use to encourage participation, which informally screens those who genuinely intend to debate.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
If there are such platforms (and 3RU7AL has indeed introduced one now, that Hive website) I absolutely would love to see it integrated here. I'd rather that over some rambunctious Discord crowd any day.