Author: Vader

Archived
Read-only
Total: 234
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Election Results LIVE Official

Airmax: 21 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan) 
3RU7AL: 14 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen)
Hammer :1 (Polywitch)

You have 21.5 hours to vote

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
@gugigor
@Bones
@Lunar108
You have the right to vote here.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
@n8nrgmi
@Fruit_Inspector
@rbelivb
@cristo71
You have the right to vote here.
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
I vote for 3RU7AL.
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
I follow through on my one campaign promise.

I vote RationalMadman for President and thett3 for Vice President
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Are write ins allowed?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheHammer
@ILikePie5
I am not running please no trolling
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
No 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Anyone tagged by rm to vote, please PM me before making a decision and Don't be hasty to make a choice
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Vader
You know, Hitler did not allow write in votes
Mikal
Mikal
Airmax: 21 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan) 
3RU7AL: 15 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel)

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
campaigning on PM for a candidate isn't allowed.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
I think it’s pretty simple. Airmax would not have been trusted enough to be considered eligible to vote on debates 8 days ago.

I would prefer to trust someone who has demonstrated motivation and willingness to contribute to this site - rather than someone who says they definitely will; after spending the last 3 1/2 years definitively not
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i vote airmax
Mikal
Mikal
Airmax: 22 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan,n8nrm) 
3RU7AL: 15 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel)

Mikal
Mikal
Airmax: 22 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan,n8nrm) 

You have 13 hours to vote

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, waited long enough to do this.

I vote Airmax.

I've known him for a very long time, I've worked with him in moderation before, and from what I've read of his forum posts and from speaking with him personally, I can say that I trust his commitment to the site and I think that what he's pursuing is in the best interest of everyone here. Max is not just some dude who showed up out of the blue to run for president because it seems like fun. His history on DDO shows that he dedicates himself to his position and he has kept up with the membership of this website, coming up with ambitious ideas that incorporate the input of people who have been here for years. I respect 3RU7AL and The Hammer and what they bring to the table, but Max is my choice.
rbelivb
rbelivb
We can see the "wall of text" tactic commonly used, and seems to be effective in terms of persuasion on this site. It is often used in the politics forum also. A large amount of information gives an imposing effect, and it is too overwhelming to pull apart and criticize any particular claim. The reader is only left with the sense of being impressed by the post, rather than assessing the merits of what is stated. Many of the votes for Airmax seem to come down to his use of this strategy. So, I chose to vote for 3RU7AL because his proposals seemed bolder and more opinionated, as well as more concise.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
I vote Airmax

I have beheld him in a vision, guiding this site through the desert, marching to the tune of fevered drum beats. There are some who cannot bear to look at him, who drop at the sight of his terrible visage. But I cannot look away, even as the unworthy writhe like worms in the dust all around me, voting for some '3ru7al'. I know that even these ingrates will one day be bathed in his incalculable mercy and wisdom.

And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@rbelivb
Actually, while I agree that Airmax writes a lot and actually claims very little, in his campaign posts, the reason he's winning has little to do with what he typed and far more to do with that he's known to let the 'rowdy crowd' get away with their rowdiness.

He also has promised to get the site popular and for a lot of us, the site being unpopular is a major issue, it's painfully dead in the 'debates' section for instance and other than myself barely anyone who was active has stayed active long-term (Intelligence_06 is another exception alongside me) because the debates section just gets so dry and since a lot of voters are lazy it ends in a tie and that is annoying.

Lunatic offered a voting loyalty club contingent on Airmax winning which we all would like but the biggest question that very few who are voting Max ask (I asked it even when I supported Max) is why he only will help the website if he wins and why he didn't give a damn about the website beforehand.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@RationalMadman
He also has promised to get the site popular and for a lot of us, the site being unpopular is a major issue, it's painfully dead in the 'debates' section for instance and other than myself barely anyone who was active has stayed active long-term (Intelligence_06 is another exception alongside me) because the debates section just gets so dry and since a lot of voters are lazy it ends in a tie and that is annoying.
I would consider somehow integrating the 'debate' and 'forum' sections together, so that debates could be cross-posted as forum posts in the various sections where people could comment on them. Personally I find it much easier to look through the forums than to browse the debate section.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
After carefully reading campaign profiles, I vote for Airmax.

My primary reason is that upon conversing with him and some of his closest advisers, I believe that he will Make Mafia Great Again. I look forward to daily games on DART after the election.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
conversing eh ;)

I guess that's the term they use nowadays for campaigning 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
conversing eh ;)

Curious what exactly you are trying to accuse him of?  While I personally don't know what "Advisors" he is referring to, my guess is it would have to be wylted he is talking about. That said I am pretty sure the "campaigning" rule you are talking about is the president themselves personally reaching out to members, not his "advisors". Also the rule specifically seems to be in regard to spam. 

Campaigning Rules & Guidelines
During the designated campaigning period, users may advocate election for themselves or others by doing any of the following:

• Within any three day window, creating at most ONE non-spam campaign-related forum thread or debate.

• Offering non-spam contributions to the campaign-related forum threads or debates of others.

• Changing their profile picture or user biography.
ANY forms of campaigning outside of these sanctioned activities are prohibited. For extra clarity, prohibited campaigning methods include (but are not limited to):

• Any method involving spam, including mass private messaging.

• Any campaigning within unrelated threads or debates.

• Any campaigning within mediums other than DebateArt.com.
Moderation shall monitor and enforce the campaigning rules as necessary.
So having a conversation with someone who advocates airmax's campaign and convincing them of the benefits of voting for a presidential candidate would in no way that I can see, violate any rule. So what precisely is your post accusing pie of?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
It's not him I'm accusing ;)
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
conversing eh ;)

There was no campaigning. Not once did anyone say vote Max. But it did become clear that Max and his advisers care about Mafia on the site and I guess that makes me a single issue voter
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I can name you 2 better sites dedicated to mafia right this instant.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I can name you 2 better sites dedicate to mafia right this instant.
So? I like the community and people on this site. Brutal has zero links to Mafia on this site. At least Max does. I trust him/his advisers to promote mafia on this site itself.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
It's not him I'm accusing ;)
Your accusation is probably wrong here lol. That said you still haven't pointed out the rule break. So this just sounds like you are salty that you didn't have as much pull as you claimed you did. All those threats are seeming pretty hollow right now. I think most of the votes 3RU7AL earned here are due to his own work, rather than product of your recruiting methods. Several people of whom  you tagged to vote against max, actually voted for him instead. You indirectly helped Max's campaign by getting them to vote.
 So thankyou! ;-)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
It's not my fault that 3RU7AL had a terrible campaign.

I advised him at the last 2 days who to campaign to and what to make clear, specifically with greyparrot and bmdrocks amongst others. I was ignored.