Is cryptocurrency a speculative asset or a currency?

Author: rbelivb

Total: 43
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
cash is somewhat problematic,
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Bitcoin ya that only works when the internet and  electricity works.
have you heard of this new thing called "credit cards" ?
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
have you heard of this new thing called "credit cards" ?   I will give you a chance to rethink that very hard. LOL

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
I am more than happy to deal with the weight of cash. As far as fraud goes, that is worse in the electronic funds transfer arena. You cant erase cash, Your bank account can be. The only way cash doesn't work is if the govt says you cant use it. We used to use gold for international trade for Christ sake. Way heavier then currency' Plus you can make international trade currency which we also used to have. You know $10,000 and $100,000 bills. Cash is king and will always be king. Gold is the only thing more powerful as it is accepted world wide. But it to must be converted to cash to spend it.  Eliminating cash is throwing your freedom in the garage can, it's willful suicide to suggest a cashless society. I can hide and stockpile my wealth using cash, try that in a cashless society, not possible. The very first thing that would happen in a cashless society? The govt would use it as a political weapon against you. Comply or cease to exist on any monetary system that it created. You cant buy or sell anything. I know, lets all say it together "THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN"  You know like the medical industry refusing treatment for not being vaccinated. Oh wait, that is happening.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
I will give you a chance to rethink that very hard. LOL
when was the last time you saw someone use a manual credit card imprinter ?

credit cards are utterly useless without an internet connection
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
The very first thing that would happen in a cashless society? The govt would use it as a political weapon against you.
now you're speaking my language
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Way heavier then currency'
well, if you're dealing with $20 bills, you'll be hauling 3.5 times MORE mass for the same dollar value as gold

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
The very first thing that would happen in a cashless society?
you don't seem to realize that carrying cash is already a de facto crime

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
"Carrying cash is a crime"  What is the point of even trying to make this ridiculous claim?  The only way it could be considered a crime is in international travel and carrying the cash isn't a crime, but rather not reporting how much is. If it was a crime every single person on earth would be in prison. Carrying cash is not a crime. Not reporting  and transporting over certain amounts is.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
I think we are on the same page here, credit cards are useless without the internet and electricity. Oh and how easily both of those could be destroyed by any number of natural and unnatural events. I think we are on the same page on everything, I covered how large transactions used to be done using large denomination currency and gold. A cashless society is willful suicide and self destruction.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
"Carrying cash is a crime"  What is the point of even trying to make this ridiculous claim?  The only way it could be considered a crime is in international travel and carrying the cash isn't a crime, but rather not reporting how much is. If it was a crime every single person on earth would be in prison. Carrying cash is not a crime. Not reporting  and transporting over certain amounts is.
are you familiar with civil asset forfeiture ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
A cashless society is willful suicide and self destruction.
76% of americans use cashless payment methods for the majority of their purchases

The average value of a cash transaction was $22, compared to $112 for the average non-cash transaction and $84 for all transactions. [**]
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
They don't use cashless transactions when the internet and electricity is out.  They use cash. I live in Florida, Hurricane capitol of the world. You are a fool if you don't have a stash of cash to use during such events. Those who don't heed this warning suffer tremendously.  I keep $5,000 hidden at all times. Your points are all moot, you can use cashless trans actions when you can. You can make a cash transaction any time anywhere no matter what is going on. End of story. Relying on electricity and the internet to conduct 100% of all transactions 100% of the time is the idea of a willfully short sighted  suicidal fool.   "Reason obeys itself, ignorance does what ever is dictated to it"