A to B

Author: zedvictor4

Total: 21
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
So 

If I walk from A to B,

But rotate 180 degrees from the recognised norm.

Am I walking backwards, whilst facing forwards,

Or am I walking forwards, whilst facing backwards.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
Well you need a reference point, otherwise it’s subjective 

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
This one.

Facing forwards is axiomatic while your head is facing where your body is. Walking backwards is also axiomatic if walking the opposite way to where one's torso is turned.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
It depends on your instantaneous velocity at the end. Maybe you are walking sideways because you didn't take the straight line path. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
@Intelligence_06
I want you guys cooperation in ignoring every post from zedvictor please. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
@Intelligence_06
Well the reference points are A and B and Me

And I am travelling from A towards B whilst facing A.

So  my ambulatory mode  would be regarded as backwards, but in terms of my journey I will still be moving forwards.

And relative to B, I would be facing backwards, but my body position would imply that I was facing forwards.

So relative to myself, I bow to the axiom, but relative to my reference points A and B , I'm not so sure.

And I believe that instantaneous velocity can be both positive and negative, and if the path I take is well defined, then I am unlikely to go sideways.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
@Intelligence_06
Perhaps we could ignore Wylted.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
You are using the term 'forwards' and 'backwards' not any variation of compass alignment, this means it's relative to your own body and where it's facing and that's determined fundamenally by where the front of your torso is pointing.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
Well the reference points are A and B and Me

And I am travelling from A towards B whilst facing A.

So  my ambulatory mode  would be regarded as backwards, but in terms of my journey I will still be moving forwards.

And relative to B, I would be facing backwards, but my body position would imply that I was facing forwards.

So relative to myself, I bow to the axiom, but relative to my reference points A and B , I'm not so sure.

And I believe that instantaneous velocity can be both positive and negative, and if the path I take is well defined, then I am unlikely to go sideways.
Your "journey" is informed by your directive. If your goal was to move from point A to point B, then once you've reached point B, nothing else really matters--even if you return to point A. If your goal was to reach point B and stay at point B, then the ambulatory manner which you applied doesn't matter as long as you're still at point B.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
This one.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm I just rotating my head 180 degrees or my whole body?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
True.

And we could apply that logic to all manner of other situations.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
Not a trick question.

I was just emphasising the point, that as dictated by RM's axiom, I had turned around and was walking backwards.

My dilemma is:

As I am making  a pre-determined journey between reference points A and B, am I not still moving/walking  forwards?

In terms of time and space, don't all events move forwards?

And as I am facing my point of departure A and not my intended point of destination, although axiomatically I would be regarded as facing forwards, am I not also facing where I have come from, therefore backwards?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
If you don't mean backwards relative to your body, then what do you mean by backwards?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Backwards relative to my journey.

7 days later

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@zedvictor4

Or am I walking forwards, whilst facing backwards.

Both.

And neither.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Oh, now we need to consider our velocity vectors.

If the velocity vector is pointing from your back, then yes, you are walking backwards.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
The face { Greek hedra } of a polyhedron is 2-fold: 1} outside faces out, and, 2} inside faces in.

Your facing { your face } the receding past and your backside is facing the future.

Humanity is going ass backwards ---brawn instead of mind---  into their future, bumping their back-side rumps, into more errors than necessary.

If humanity were to go mind-forward into the future, there would be less error ergo less sore rumps in the process.

People who believe that optimal solution solution for humanities problems lies out there somewhere in far-off outer space, are delusional.

Humanity needs to deal with its waste and much of the waste is resultant of greed. Humanity needs to concentrate on what is necessary for all humans first,  and regulate that growth.

OMG, did ebuc just use the R word. ' Regulate ' is like governance.   The regulator on the old 4-cycle, air cooled gas lawnmower engines was there for a reason. To keep the engine from running too high, overheating burning itself out.

So humanity needs a few considerations for their regulations: 1} mind { spirit-1 }, and 2} soul where soul is the physical feelings { spirit-2 } of empathy and compassion for all souls collectively on Earth, a unitary ecological spaceship.

Spirit-1 and Spirit-2 are equal imperatives for humanities survival on Earth, with least amount of suffering.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Hallelujah.

As in rejoicing.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Spirit-2 { fermions and bosons } sometimes leads to complex   bi-lateral { *  * } animals such as humans, who, unlike other animals, more often consider { * ? * } and reconsider { * ??  * }  their actions when going from A to B and any reactions or resultants of making such a journey.

There may be uncertainty { * ? * } before decision to make the journey, however, uncertainty need not always lead to random, chaotic, disorder  { @ @  } of mind { spirit-1 ].

Access to spirit-1 mind exists, unfolds as follows:  1} to harvest information, 2} sort the information, 3}  winnow out patterns and principles, that, 4} we then use to make a mental plane of action --building technolgiees based on patterns and principle learned---   on the best ways to make the journey from A to  B, and consider alternatives ex  if they have to return before or after the journey is completed.